Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old November 12th, 2014, 11:49 PM   #1
slopestyle
Junior Member+

Default Accepting that I need help, and I'm going to reach out for it.

I've dealt with anxiety for a long time, I've tried my best to deal with it with and without medication, but lately it seems like it's just progressively become worse and even begun to manifest itself into some sort of depression. It started towards the end of summer, my anxiety slowly became worse and worse and more prevalent over the last few months and it's been going nowhere. I honestly hadn't felt like I currently do until the last couple of weeks and it's legit made me worry for my own well being. I'm not suicidal, but at times I worry the way I've felt lately won't get any better and it will ultimately lead to self harm which is the absolute last thing I want to happen, and I won't let it. I have an appointment with a therapist on Tuesday and I'm going to try and make an appointment with my doctor tomorrow or Friday to see about getting some kind of antidepressant. She tried giving me one a couple years ago when my anxiety first manifested, but i tried half a dose two days and never touched it again, it made me feel so strange. I'd like to avoid the one she gave me to try ( at the time it was for anxiety and idk why she didn't leave me on Valium which worked and I have never abused) but I feel I need to find a happy medium with medication, something that will control the anxiety and rampid constant crazy train of worry in my head, and hopefully fix whatever might be imbalanced in me. I really don't want to be on it for a long time, I don't want to become reliant on medication for the rest of my life especially at this age.

I don't talk to my family about this much, my mom a little but she lives out of state and isn't much support about anything tbh. My dad thinks I'm crazy as it is and my brothers would simply tease me for it and make things even worse as it is too. My best friends parents are the only ones I talk to about these things, but they can't do much for me short of ask my dad to sit down and talk things through before the doctors visit.

My anxiety is hard enough to deal with as it is, and with how it seems to have just gotten worse and maybe started to cause some sort of state of depression, I hate feeling this way and need to fix it ASAP. The fact that it hasn't gotten better and has become so much worse so fast, I know I need to seek help.

slopestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2014, 04:44 PM   #2
Miserabilia
Our Bipolar Friends

Miserabilia's Forum Picture

Name: dan/johnny foreigner/cheesee
Default Re: Accepting that I need help, and I'm going to reach out for it.

Hey, it's okay. Just know we're here for you if you need help. Hope the medication can help anywya.

shout at the world because the world doesn't love you

lower yourself because you know that you have to.
Miserabilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2014, 09:21 PM   #3
SethfromMI
Legendary Member

SethfromMI's Forum Picture

Name: Seth
Default Re: Accepting that I need help, and I'm going to reach out for it.

I am happy for you. accepting help can be so hard, but it is also a major part of the battle. i wish you the very best

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!

~ Seth
SethfromMI is offline   Reply With Quote