Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 30th, 2014, 04:52 AM   #41
Verminicious Knid
Junior Member+
 
Verminicious Knid's Forum Picture
 
Name: Ben
Join Date: September 7, 2013
Location: England
Gender: Male
Default Re: Why do people try to stop others from committing suicide?

You have to take into consideration that people would care about the suicidal person in question, wouldn't want them to cut short any chance that their life could improve and put their family and friends through heart-ache.

As you walk down that road of life, hitch-hike it's faster!
Verminicious Knid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2014, 09:15 AM   #42
romes3
Member
 
Name: Roma
Join Date: October 27, 2014
Location: Illinois
Gender: Female
Default Re: Why do people try to stop others from committing suicide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by averygamerdude View Post
I seriously don't get it. I feel like people should have the right to kill themselves if they so wish. It's not like they're hurting anybody, it's a victimless crime, in fact! Even though I'm sure everyone will disagree. I think it's selfish to try and stop somebody from killing themselves. It's their choice! If they're dead, they won't be able to feel pain or work for like 10 cents an hour. I also found out that they're building a suicide net on the Golden Gate bridge. Looks like I'm gonna have to bring a blow torch with me when I jump off of there...
I agree that a person should have a choice. But at the same time, your hurting a lot of people. People care, even if they have a weird way of showing it. As someone who has attempted, I can say that its selfish to commit suicide, not trying to stop them.
romes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2014, 02:47 AM   #43
averygamerdude
Banned
 
Name: Avery
Join Date: August 16, 2014
Location: Arkansas
Gender: Male
Default Re: Why do people try to stop others from committing suicide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by romes3 View Post
I agree that a person should have a choice. But at the same time, your hurting a lot of people. People care, even if they have a weird way of showing it. As someone who has attempted, I can say that its selfish to commit suicide, not trying to stop them.
I'm running out of options, though.
averygamerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2014, 05:17 PM   #44
CreativeUsername
Member
 
CreativeUsername's Forum Picture
 
Name: Toby
Join Date: November 1, 2014
Location: Lost in my mind
Gender: Male
Default Re: Why do people try to stop others from committing suicide?

If no one tried to make me feel better, I don't know if I'd be here today, and I'm grateful that people helped. That's why people help, and I think it's the right thing to do.
CreativeUsername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2014, 07:04 PM   #45
Kate
Junior Member+
 
Kate's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: November 4, 2014
Gender: Female
Default Re: Why do people try to stop others from committing suicide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by averygamerdude View Post
I'm running out of options, though.
If your depression is so severe and going to psychiatrists and therapists don't help, then there is the option of electroconvulsive therapy. There are also other means you can take, too. Just talk to people who have dealt with what you've dealt and find solutions for your depression that aren't suicide. Your impact won't affect you when you're dead, but it will definitely affect others.

Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2014, 07:33 PM   #46
MrIncredible
Junior Member+
 
MrIncredible's Forum Picture
 
Name: Ezra Kennedy
Join Date: November 1, 2014
Location: Brooklyn,New York
Gender: Male
Default Re: Why do people try to stop others from committing suicide?

Think about it like this when you wanna commit suicide just think is it really worth what will this solve the only it's going to do is "end your suffering" but it will pass it on to your family and the others who care about you and they might feel anger towards you because it's like you just left them like you didn't care enough about them to stick around and be optimistic and be patient and wait for the good things to roll in "Patience is a virtue and a virtue is a grace put the both together bd u get a happy face"- an Angel ❤��
MrIncredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2014, 09:12 PM   #47
averygamerdude
Banned
 
Name: Avery
Join Date: August 16, 2014
Location: Arkansas
Gender: Male
Default Re: Why do people try to stop others from committing suicide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
If your depression is so severe and going to psychiatrists and therapists don't help, then there is the option of electroconvulsive therapy. There are also other means you can take, too. Just talk to people who have dealt with what you've dealt and find solutions for your depression that aren't suicide. Your impact won't affect you when you're dead, but it will definitely affect others.
Electric shock therapy? No, that means they're trying to brainwash me, but I can't be broken. Also, there is no other solution, because I can't live with myself knowing there are problems that I can't solve.
averygamerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2014, 12:46 PM   #48
DeadEyes
Banned
 
Join Date: February 7, 2014
Location: Canada
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Default Re: Why do people try to stop others from committing suicide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by averygamerdude View Post
because I can't live with myself knowing there are problems that I can't solve.
Some problems may seem unresolvable at one moment but then you may find a solution later on. When you hit a wall, you either try to break through it, climb it, or go around it or again you just let yourself die in front of it, that's your choice as you said so well.
DeadEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2014, 03:51 PM   #49
Jaseblader
Nice Poster
 
Join Date: September 30, 2012
Location: New York
Gender: Male
Default Re: Why do people try to stop others from committing suicide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by averygamerdude View Post
I seriously don't get it. I feel like people should have the right to kill themselves if they so wish. It's not like they're hurting anybody, it's a victimless crime, in fact! Even though I'm sure everyone will disagree. I think it's selfish to try and stop somebody from killing themselves. It's their choice! If they're dead, they won't be able to feel pain or work for like 10 cents an hour. I also found out that they're building a suicide net on the Golden Gate bridge. Looks like I'm gonna have to bring a blow torch with me when I jump off of there...
I 100% agree with you if you love something you must let it go and no matter how much you think they love you back, if they want to kill themselves they dont

US of A
Open to talk about anything
PM me sometime it'll be worth it
I love having fun talking to new and interesting people
Jaseblader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2014, 07:22 PM   #50
averygamerdude
Banned
 
Name: Avery
Join Date: August 16, 2014
Location: Arkansas
Gender: Male
Default Re: Why do people try to stop others from committing suicide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEyes View Post
Some problems may seem unresolvable at one moment but then you may find a solution later on. When you hit a wall, you either try to break through it, climb it, or go around it or again you just let yourself die in front of it, that's your choice as you said so well.
I could be seen like that, except the wall is indestructible and stretches to infinity both vertically and horizontally
averygamerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2014, 08:16 PM   #51
Karkat
Knight of Blood
 
Karkat's Forum Picture
 
Name: Ren Höek
Join Date: February 20, 2014
Location: Land of Pulse and Haze
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 2
Default Re: Why do people try to stop others from committing suicide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by averygamerdude View Post
Electric shock therapy? No, that means they're trying to brainwash me, but I can't be broken. Also, there is no other solution, because I can't live with myself knowing there are problems that I can't solve.
1. ECT isn't brainwashing. Along that line of thinking, any medication you could take that alters mental state, any recreational drug, caffeine, alcohol, or even thinking positively are all "brainwashing".

So I guess if you don't want to be brainwashed, make sure you never change your perspective, or anything that could alter your mind chemically, because that is all ECT is.

2. Also, no one can solve all their problems. No one. We should all be dead then, correct?


Just a ghost

Nothing to see here
Karkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2014, 08:32 PM   #52
DeadEyes
Banned
 
Join Date: February 7, 2014
Location: Canada
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Default Re: Why do people try to stop others from committing suicide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by averygamerdude View Post
the wall is indestructible and stretches to infinity both vertically and horizontally
I was going to say the same thing concerning the wall I'm facing.
DeadEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2014, 11:18 PM   #53
averygamerdude
Banned
 
Name: Avery
Join Date: August 16, 2014
Location: Arkansas
Gender: Male
Default Re: Why do people try to stop others from committing suicide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karkat View Post
1. ECT isn't brainwashing. Along that line of thinking, any medication you could take that alters mental state, any recreational drug, caffeine, alcohol, or even thinking positively are all "brainwashing".

So I guess if you don't want to be brainwashed, make sure you never change your perspective, or anything that could alter your mind chemically, because that is all ECT is.

2. Also, no one can solve all their problems. No one. We should all be dead then, correct?
1. I suppose you could say it's brainwashing, but there's a difference from thinking negatively and realistically.

2. I never said everyone SHOULD be dead, or deserves to die. You can stick around, if you want... But I think everyone is better off dead than having to put up with unsolvable problems and BS.
averygamerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2014, 11:21 PM   #54
Karkat
Knight of Blood
 
Karkat's Forum Picture
 
Name: Ren Höek
Join Date: February 20, 2014
Location: Land of Pulse and Haze
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 2
Default Re: Why do people try to stop others from committing suicide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by averygamerdude View Post
1. I suppose you could say it's brainwashing, but there's a difference from thinking negatively and realistically.

2. I never said everyone SHOULD be dead, or deserves to die. You can stick around, if you want... But I think everyone is better off dead than having to put up with unsolvable problems and BS.
That was completely irrelevant.

Everyone has to put up with unsolvable problems and BS every now and then. By your logic, no one should live, correct?


Just a ghost

Nothing to see here
Karkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2014, 12:29 AM   #55
averygamerdude
Banned
 
Name: Avery
Join Date: August 16, 2014
Location: Arkansas
Gender: Male
Default Re: Why do people try to stop others from committing suicide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karkat View Post
That was completely irrelevant.

Everyone has to put up with unsolvable problems and BS every now and then. By your logic, no one should live, correct?
Well, I think that people should live if they want to, but their lives would probably be more relaxing and stress free if they just perish.
averygamerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2014, 12:40 AM   #56
Karsten
New Member
 
Karsten's Forum Picture
 
Name: Karsten
Join Date: November 13, 2014
Location: Dallas, TX
Gender: Male
Default Re: Why do people try to stop others from committing suicide?

There could be many reasons.

- Because they genuinely care
- They want to be heroic
- For themselves - for their ego

And more, probably.
Karsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2014, 12:50 AM   #57
Karkat
Knight of Blood
 
Karkat's Forum Picture
 
Name: Ren Höek
Join Date: February 20, 2014
Location: Land of Pulse and Haze
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 2
Default Re: Why do people try to stop others from committing suicide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by averygamerdude View Post
Well, I think that people should live if they want to, but their lives would probably be more relaxing and stress free if they just perish.
And I respect your opinion; I just don't agree with it.


Just a ghost

Nothing to see here
Karkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2014, 12:54 AM   #58
averygamerdude
Banned
 
Name: Avery
Join Date: August 16, 2014
Location: Arkansas
Gender: Male
Default Re: Why do people try to stop others from committing suicide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karkat View Post
And I respect your opinion; I just don't agree with it.
Which is fine, I'm just not a masochist.
averygamerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2014, 12:58 AM   #59
averygamerdude
Banned
 
Name: Avery
Join Date: August 16, 2014
Location: Arkansas
Gender: Male
Default Re: Why do people try to stop others from committing suicide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karsten View Post
There could be many reasons.

- Because they genuinely care
- They want to be heroic
- For themselves - for their ego

And more, probably.
If they cared, then they wouldn't try to stop them.

Also, stopping someone from killing themselves is a sadistic act, not a heroic one at all.

How would it benefit them?
averygamerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2018
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2004 - 2018, VirtualTeen.org