Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old November 8th, 2014, 09:14 PM   #1
queenofcontrariety
Member++

queenofcontrariety's Forum Picture

Name: Haley
Default What's the deal with bridges? [Only view when emotionally sound]

I know this probably sounds like a really stupid questions but long story short a teammate of mine tried to commit suicide by jumping off a bridge, it was unsuccessful, obviously, but I just feel like that'd be a horrible way to go. I just don't understand the fascination with bridges, I personally am terrified of them, partially because I realize how many of them are failing and partially because I don't trust myself if I were to emotionally crash. I don't even understand why. I hope by putting a little warning in the title that this isn't going to mess too many people up, I'm just curious as to what people think as to why bridges hold such a significance and why anyone would choose to actually go that way.

Feel free to PM me at any point
Also known as the girl no one can say it better than

queenofcontrariety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2014, 09:57 PM   #2
CosmicNoodle
Resident Twat

CosmicNoodle's Forum Picture

Name: Joe
Default Re: What's the deal with bridges? [Only view when emotionally sound]

I tried to jump of an aqua duct (basically a bridge with a river running through it for boats), it's simply, they are easy to find, often high up, easy to get to, and never far from home, plus no stairs to climb (baaaad joke)

Honestly though, they are just convenient. That's about it. Give us a tall building that's as easy to get to and we'll use that. But bridges are easy,

My names Joe, but you can call me "Lord and master of all space and time"
I'm Bisexual, deal with it
Ask me shit

~Mike was here~
CosmicNoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2014, 07:18 AM   #3
James Dean
Rebel

James Dean's Forum Picture

Name: Charles

It is just localized as a common suicide construct. Many, if not all bridges are installing nets and fences to prevent people from doing it. I am not really afraid of bridges, but I know some people who won't drive over them.

I'm only scared if like an earthquake happens. If you're on a bridge during an earthquake, things are looking pretty dim.

VM
PM

"You could stop at five or six stores, or just one."
James Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2014, 07:35 AM   #4
DeadEyes
Banned

I have vertigo so high places makes me nauseous and I'm always paralyzed by the thought of falling off (even if it looks safe) but when people climb to jump off they often seem to be in peace and I think if I were planning on jumping then I wouldn't be scared to fall (obviously). I would go for the highest building I could find to not survive though.
DeadEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2014, 03:56 PM   #5
Jaseblader
Nice Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofcontrariety View Post
I know this probably sounds like a really stupid questions but long story short a teammate of mine tried to commit suicide by jumping off a bridge, it was unsuccessful, obviously, but I just feel like that'd be a horrible way to go. I just don't understand the fascination with bridges, I personally am terrified of them, partially because I realize how many of them are failing and partially because I don't trust myself if I were to emotionally crash. I don't even understand why. I hope by putting a little warning in the title that this isn't going to mess too many people up, I'm just curious as to what people think as to why bridges hold such a significance and why anyone would choose to actually go that way.
It's a wonderful attention grabber the perfect movie ending also because bridges are a transition from area a to b just like life is from born to death, and life is the bridge imbetween so they end their life by ending the transition or at least that's y I would but I'm emotionally sound

US of A
Open to talk about anything
PM me sometime it'll be worth it
I love having fun talking to new and interesting people
Jaseblader is offline   Reply With Quote