Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old November 5th, 2014, 05:08 PM   #1
queenofcontrariety
Member++

queenofcontrariety's Forum Picture

Name: Haley
Default Non-Purging Bulimia (the forgotten version)

I feel like no one ever sheds light on non-purging bulimia, and I know there has to be other people who fit this classification. For the record I have not gotten an official diagnosis but of those which exist this seems most likely to fit.

The term bulimia for most people means binge and purge, which in most cases it is. But there are people who are stuck in a different cycle, one of binging accompanied with excessive exercise, laxative use, or fasting. The same psychological issues of the traditional binge purge cycle are there, but people aren't as quick to notice it.

I have a history of binging and fasting, it's been going on for probably the last 5 years, and no one has noticed. I'll admit that I am not the thinnest of girls, pretty far from it actually, which is probably why no one ever suspected a thing. What's frustrating to me is that it's never worked, and as soon as I start to do better I balloon and freak out.

I just wanted a chance to spread a little awareness for what everyone seems to forget about and see if anyone else has dealt with this or knows anyone and has a story to share or any advice, thanks guys!
queenofcontrariety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2014, 05:25 PM   #2
Renata_cmp
Banned

Default Re: Non-Purging Bulimia (the forgotten version)

My friend goes exactly through that. He doesn't purge, and he try to exercise and starve himself right after that. He's still overweight though, which led him to a lot of depression and insecurity. Bulimia can have many ugly faces indeed.
Renata_cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2014, 03:28 PM   #3
Ambrosia
Awesome Poster

Ambrosia's Forum Picture

Name: Lexi

Bulimia is a terrible eating disorder and a lot of people will do all that you listed with the disorder. I personally suffered for years from it. I would binge, throw up, not eat the next day but work out until it made me sick. Its no fun. Bad ideas.

-Retired Global Moderator-
Ambrosia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2014, 01:02 AM   #4
Karkat
Knight of Blood

Karkat's Forum Picture

Name: Ren Hek

I struggle with bulimic tendencies and binge eating, as well as emotional eating. Technically, excessive exercise as well as laxative and diuretic use still fall under "purging", as far as official terminology is concerned if I remember right, but you're right- people often forget entirely about fasting.

Just a ghost

Nothing to see here
Karkat is offline   Reply With Quote