Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old September 3rd, 2014, 07:51 PM   #1
ChaseDakoda
Member+

ChaseDakoda's Forum Picture

Name: Chase
Default ADD and Concentra

Hello All
2 weeks age I was told I have ADD and I was not surprised.
I have a hard time studing for tests I copy down everything the teacher tells us to write and I study but when the test comes I freek and I barely pass them, any help on this on?

Not really any side effects except bad headaches and nightmares.

I have not noticed but does it decrese sex drive and less masturbation?

I know there are a lot of teens all the way to adults that have this, I thought it was a puberty thing?

Thanks and PM me if you want.
Thanks Chase
ChaseDakoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2014, 10:43 AM   #2
AussieBoi98

Name: Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseDakoda View Post
Hello All
I have a hard time studing for tests I copy down everything the teacher tells us to write and I study but when the test comes I freek and I barely pass them, any help on this on?

I know there are a lot of teens all the way to adults that have this, I thought it was a puberty thing?

Thanks Chase

Hey I'm 15 now but i use to had add in primary school and i had the same problems i couldn't really study or focus on my work and i was always getting in trouble and i couldn't work out why, there wasn't really anything i could do about it but once i got to highschool it just seemed to be a little easier and since then I've been told i don't have it anymore so it just seems to be an age thing and besides medication (which i didn't take) there isn't anything you can really do but wait and it will get better, i don't know what your school can do but when i was in primary my parents told my school and they gave me some extra support maybe you can get some to. goodluck

Quote:
Hello All

Thanks Chase

Oh and about the sex drive i don't think it does when i was 13 ( and still had it) i was as horny as ever and jackin off about 3 times a day and that still hasn't changed

Posts merged, next time please use the edit button -Hannah

15m, Bi, can't send PMs yet but send a visitor message if you want and ill reply

Last edited by Luminous; October 20th, 2014 at 11:35 AM.
AussieBoi98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2014, 11:58 AM   #3
Karkat
Knight of Blood

Karkat's Forum Picture

Name: Ren Hek
Default Re: ADD and Concentra

ADD is not puberty related, anyone from school-age children to adults can have it. It will not cause you to have nightmares, this would be caused by something different, as ADD alone wouldn't affect dreams like, say, anxiety might. Headaches, maybe. And ADD will not lower your sex drive. A lot of these things are unrelated.

I don't know what to say about tests, because you haven't really said whether or not you have problem with concentration. See, concentration and organization are usually where ADD hits hard. It seems like the real problem here is that you have some anxiety over the tests maybe? If you're studying, and you get the information, it's probably either due to anxiety, or to lack of concentration, but you haven't really given me enough detail to help you with further.

Just a ghost

Nothing to see here
Karkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2014, 12:15 PM   #4
mollyjellybelly
Banned

Name: Molly

Quote:
Hello All

Thanks Chase
I got diagnosed when I was 9. Same things you're having. Got on meds (rittalin xr I think) and was better for a while but last year it started not working as well. I didn't think it was really that bad but after a while my mom noticed I wasn't getting invited over to friends houses very often anymore and I guess she started asking their moms what was going on and everyone said I was a total spaz and no one liked being around me anymore. So I'm on different meds now and it's LOTS better!! Good thing. Almost lost my best friend in the whole world over some of the stupid things I was doing! School's better, I'm doing better in sports and my friends don't hate me any longer. So if you're not on anything yet or what you're taking isn't working like you think it oughta then say something to someone. It CAN get better!!! And yeah, I don't think it made any difference in my sex drive. At least I hope not! Everyone says I'm a total horndog if it's actually slowing me up I better NEVER forget to take my meds!!
mollyjellybelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2014, 12:18 PM   #5
ksdnfkfr
Banned

It takes awhile to totally adjust to the med and side effects to get less. Some people give up too early. Aside from the med getting enough sleep is going to help you the most.
ksdnfkfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2014, 01:05 PM   #6
Wyatt 13
Awesome Poster

Wyatt 13's Forum Picture

Name: Wyatt

I have ADHD and im on meds and I dont feel thats affecting my hornyness LOL

Soccer Player
Wyatt 13 is offline   Reply With Quote