Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old August 22nd, 2014, 10:11 PM   #1
Broken Toy
Nice Poster

Broken Toy's Forum Picture

Name: brandon
Question adhd contributing to depression?

so i havent got medically diagnosed adhd but im pretty sure i have it as im generally hyper excitable, have short attention span and my mind jumps and wanders all over. also a lot of people ask me if i have it.

is it possible that if i have adhd that could be the reason my mind leaps around and jumps to subjects which make me feel down because that happens a lot, where ill be happy one minute then my thoughts just jump off and im suddenly getting really down.

opinions?

'My dad used to say "fight fire with fire" which is probably why he got kicked out of the fire brigade' | 'my wife sent a photograph to the lonely hearts club, they sent it back saying they werent that lonely' - the wonderful les dawson, RIP | 'never trust a man wish short legs, his brains near his bottom' | 'infamy infamy, theyve all got it in for me' - the amazing kenneth williams RIP
Broken Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2014, 05:14 PM   #2
Miserabilia
Our Bipolar Friends

Miserabilia's Forum Picture

Name: dan/johnny foreigner/cheesee
Default Re: adhd contributing to depression?

I feel similar but I couoldn't really tell because, like you, i've never been diagnosed with Adhd. I generaly have a short attention span with things that don't interest me and I'm an extremely fast and over thinker which just like you gets me down.

shout at the world because the world doesn't love you

lower yourself because you know that you have to.
Miserabilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2014, 07:48 PM   #3
Karkat
Knight of Blood

Karkat's Forum Picture

Name: Ren Hek
Default Re: adhd contributing to depression?

You know, I've never felt my ADHD and my depression were related like that. I've always felt like the way they connected was that my inability to focus just made me more irritable and took a major hit to my motivation. I always feel like doing things are pointless because I can't stop my mind from wandering, or get it tied down to what I'm doing.

Just a ghost

Nothing to see here
Karkat is offline   Reply With Quote