Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old August 8th, 2014, 01:22 AM   #1
RioLeGrande

Name: Rio
Default Opinion Plz!!

Hey its my first time posting so sorry if I do it wrong =\

I'm 5'1 110 lbs but feel fat all the time like no matter what I do I feel fat =[ is that normal or like do you think I have an eating disorder? The longest I went with out food was like 2 daysink
RioLeGrande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2014, 02:59 AM   #2
NeuroTiger
El Tigre

NeuroTiger's Forum Picture

Default Re: Opinion Plz!!

Well...it's an eating disorder.
One question:
What do you usually have for:
-breakfast?
-lunch?
-dinner?
NeuroTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2014, 06:06 AM   #3
Rayquaza
Sky High Pokmon

We don't know if it's an eating disorder until we know your eating habits and what you do. If you feel fat all the time, you may be showing the symptoms of anorexia nervosa, but these symptoms don't necesarily mean you have an eating disorder.

Do you feel hungry? Honestly, if you do and try your best to resist it, then it's likely you do have AN, and have an eating disorder. You haven't said anything about purging so I don't think it's Bulimia Nervosa. What exactly is your eating regime?
Rayquaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2014, 02:22 PM   #4
Sammy1026

Name: Samantha

I wouldn't say that you have a eating disorder. And you don't want one. To technically have an eating disorder you have be in a certain percentile of weight and I'm taller and weigh less than you and when I was at 94 pounds I "qualified" in diagnostic terms. Also an eating disorder is a prolong time of feeling this way. Once you get into 5 days of a strict water diet type stuff then those are eating disorder type tendencies. Lastly eating disorders are a fucked up mind set I wish upon no one. You will know if you have a eating disorder
Sammy1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2014, 05:38 PM   #5
Karkat
Knight of Blood

Karkat's Forum Picture

Name: Ren Hek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy1026 View Post
I wouldn't say that you have a eating disorder. And you don't want one. To technically have an eating disorder you have be in a certain percentile of weight and I'm taller and weigh less than you and when I was at 94 pounds I "qualified" in diagnostic terms. Also an eating disorder is a prolong time of feeling this way. Once you get into 5 days of a strict water diet type stuff then those are eating disorder type tendencies. Lastly eating disorders are a fucked up mind set I wish upon no one. You will know if you have a eating disorder
This isn't true. You can still have an eating disorder and be normal weight or overweight. Bulimics and binge eaters do not usually fall below the weight line.

Also, most who have eating disorders view their habits as completely normal/fine, because they are in denial about it. It's like an alcoholic/other drug addict who brushes off insane abuse because they don't want to be sick.

Just a ghost

Nothing to see here
Karkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2014, 07:40 PM   #6
Deleted User
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy1026 View Post
You will know if you have a eating disorder
This is the least accurate statement I have ever seen. Most people with eating disorders deny it so fiercely that they can convince themselves they don't have one. So no, you may not know.

If you are purposely skipping meals for the sake of losing weight because you look in the mirror and all you see is fat, well, you're definitely on the path. Eating disorders are a mentality as well a compulsive behaviour. The OP hasn't really told us much but not eating for two days is definitely not healthy.
Deleted User is offline   Reply With Quote