Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old September 7th, 2014, 03:40 PM   #1
Aceso
Member++

Default How to tell my partner I have an eating disorder?

I haven't been with my boyfriend long, but I trust him. I know he'll be fine with it, and he'll be supportive, so I don't even know why I can't open up to him about this, of all things.
It's getting bad. My dad's walked in on me purging twice recently and it's severely affecting my health.
I'm spending disgusting amounts of money every week on foods to just chew and spit.

I just can't stand the idea of being weak, of letting him down. He's my best friend, the only sense of true security I can recall having. I'm worried he'll be hurt or confused I didn't tell him from the start, or be disappointed I felt I couldn't tell him.

I'm just so sick of myself. I'm sick of nothing changing, and I'm sick of hurting those I care about.
How do I tell him? And how do I begin to help myself with this?
Thanks

~
Trying to break free.
Aceso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2014, 03:43 PM   #2
sam16

sam16's Forum Picture

Default Re: How to tell my partner I have an eating disorder?

Just tell him straightforward, if he loves he is gonna surely understand..
sam16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2014, 04:11 PM   #3
BookSmart

BookSmart's Forum Picture

Name: Anna

I know it's hard talking to people you love about this type of subject, but I'd go with the suggestion above: be straightforward.
Tell him there's something serious you want to talk to him about. Make sure that you tell him at an appropriate time; of you can't seem to find one, then try putting aside some time with him later on.

If you don't feel comfortable telling him in person, then you could always write a letter to him.

It's a scary thing to do, but trust me you'll feel a million times better after telling him about it.

There is no magic cure, no making it all go away forever. There are only small steps upward; an easier day, an unexpected laugh, a mirror that doesn't matter anymore.
― Laurie Halse Anderson, Wintergirls
BookSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2014, 07:12 PM   #4
Ben_Frost
Member++

Ben_Frost's Forum Picture

Name: Benjamin

Maybe it would help more if you told him about this issue but at the same time, reassure him you're doing as best as you can to get over this disorder. Maybe he would be willing to help you stop doing that to your body, if he truly loves you he will care and seek to help you out.

I should have known it was all a lie...

To another reality.
Ben_Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2014, 01:30 PM   #5
Uranus
Mah Home

Uranus's Forum Picture

Name: Thomas (Yung Merk)

I believe the best way to tell him is well....tell him. If he truly cares and loves you he will be ok. My gf had some things that she wanted to tell me but didn't know how. But she did. If you say you know he will be supportive and will understand, I don't see why you can't tell him.

#ThugLife
Uranus is offline   Reply With Quote