Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old August 19th, 2014, 01:17 AM   #1
Microcosm
Awesome Poster

Microcosm's Forum Picture

Name: Dan
Post Extremely reliant on having friends, but I can't make friends

I was really depressed today. It was the first day of high school and that was one reason, but the other reason was that I am uncomfortable not having friends. I have no one I can really talk to and just enjoy their presence. I don't know how to approach people. I want to talk to girls but I have no idea how. I get so nervous and it kills me inside. I need to change, but I don't know how. I not only want to talk to girls, just mainly girls are the people I have problems with. I enjoy having girl friends that I can just talk to and be comforted by. Guys aren't really good at that; however, I do have some guy friends. Anyways, it would really mean a lot if someone could help me out here.
Microcosm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2014, 12:54 PM   #2
Broken Toy
Nice Poster

Broken Toy's Forum Picture

Name: brandon
Default Re: Extremely reliant on having friends, but I can't make friends

i think you need to give high school more time. you will probably start making friends with people near you in classes after some time. you just need to keep your spirits up and hopefully you will get to know the people around you in school better. sorry i couldnt be more help

'My dad used to say "fight fire with fire" which is probably why he got kicked out of the fire brigade' | 'my wife sent a photograph to the lonely hearts club, they sent it back saying they werent that lonely' - the wonderful les dawson, RIP | 'never trust a man wish short legs, his brains near his bottom' | 'infamy infamy, theyve all got it in for me' - the amazing kenneth williams RIP
Broken Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2014, 04:50 AM   #3
Living For Love

Living For Love's Forum Picture

Name: Tiago
Default Re: Extremely reliant on having friends, but I can't make friends

It was just the first day, you need to wait till people start to notice you and, who knows, approach you, say hi, and then a friendship can develop from there. The thing is, most people probably already had their friendships before entering high school, but in the case, I'd suggest you either approach people who are a bit lonely like you or smaller groups of people with same interests. You just need to have confidence, and take things slowly. Let people know you, start talking if you know a lot about the subject they're talking about, and you will be fine.

Tiago | ♂ | 20 | PM | VM | Ask Me | Lonely Hearts Club

Help and Advice Moderator

~Mike was here~
Living For Love is online now   Reply With Quote