Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Notices

Old July 27th, 2014, 06:50 PM   #1
Cats123
Member++

Name: J
Default Not Eating

Hello! I'm fat... I weigh 154 pounds or about 70 kg. Weight is relative to height, so I'm 5'6" or about 167.7 cm. A lot of the weight is muscle but I'm still fat. Recently I've been gaining weight really easily, so in efforts to lose weight I have stopped eating! Though today it failed because I got hungry and because of my low energy from not eating I craved something sweet, so I ate a chocolate bar, it was the last one so that shouldn't happen again. Anyway, I have loads of fat to last me whilst I turn away from food. Once I lose enough to somewhat have a flat belly, maybe 15 pounds or 6.8 kg, I'll begin eating again. I never ate that much anyway when I was eating. NO, screw this. I have a better idea! I should only eat vegetables and milk! I drink milk because I'm a vegetarian and I need to protein from somewhere. I should have been eating vegetables anyway... Anyway, I'll barely eat anything, but when I do eat I'll just eat vegetables, no weight gain there. Well at least no fat gain. In addition to that I should start working out! I have a treadmill and a weird machine where you lift your own body weight with your arms at a variable incline. If I set the incline to the highest most difficult variable, I'd assume it'd give me a workout similar to lifting weights if I just kept pulling myself up and down. The treadmill will help me burn fat yaay. OH NO. I have a problem. I can't work out because I don't drink water. Our water has fluoride in it, which destroys your brain, and my parents don't give a sh*t so they won't buy containers for me to fill up with well water from a public un-fluorinated well. So all I drink is milk and orange juice. Which I can get by on if I don't work out, but when i start working out I find that they don't really quench my thirst, so I'll probably need water. Until I get enough water I'm just not gonna eat anything but a few vegetables and milk and not exercise. Besides every time I exercise I have to poo instantly. So, I'd like to hear what you have to say about that...
Cats123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2014, 11:04 PM   #2
Baseball1999
Member+

Baseball1999's Forum Picture

Name: Dalton
Default Re: Not Eating

To lose weight, you can't just stop eating. Sure, you will start losing weight at first, but once you start eating again, your body will turn it all into fat. Just eat healthy and try not to eat any junk foods (even though its VERY tempting). Get a little physical activity and you should be good. Good luck!

15/USA/Male/Bi
Feel free to PM me, I love talking to people and making new friends! I will talk about anything
Baseball1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2014, 01:32 AM   #3
ComfortableInChaos
Awesome Poster

ComfortableInChaos's Forum Picture

Well I'll be completely honest with you. I used to think I was fat, yes, and I did starve myself. It's not healthy but in middle school, I did it. And I did lose weight, yes. But when I was done with starving myself, I would eat so much, I would be like a vacuum cleaner and suck everything down and when I was done, I'd feel really sick because I ate so much. I never got bulimic, but I almost did. I was borderline bulimic. It's not fun, I wouldn't do it. Exercise is the BEST way to lose weight. And tbqh, you're not that over weight.

18 year old guy
Gay (bi, but consider myself gay)
Completely open about everything and anything.
Wanna know more? Need advice? Just bored and wanna chat? PM me!
ComfortableInChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2014, 02:09 AM   #4
tristian0714

I understand that you feel uncomfortable. I have the same body type as you. I would honestly advise you not to starve yourself but if you're worried about the amount of food consumed then I would say that you should control your portions. I find it actually kinda creepy that I'm also 5 feet 6 inches tall and about the same weight
tristian0714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2014, 06:00 AM   #5
Living For Love

Living For Love's Forum Picture

Name: Tiago

Puberty For Boys Eating Disorders.

Tiago | ♂ | 20 | PM | VM | Ask Me | Lonely Hearts Club

Help and Advice Moderator

~Mike was here~
Living For Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2014, 08:26 AM   #6
BuryYourFlame
Awesome Poster

BuryYourFlame's Forum Picture

To put this simply starving yourself is probably the most physically painful option of weight loss but also hardly the most effective, with those two factors combined it's really not worth it.
The entire metabolic system that your body uses to break down food is dependent on two states, it is either normal or in a starvation state. Once your metabolic system is in the starvation state your body automatically does everything that it can to conserve energy. This puts up the breaks big time for weight loss after a certain point.
Eat as healthy as you can, and exercise accordingly.
I've always dismissed fluoride in the water being noticeably bad for you as a conspiracy kind of deal. I'll have a look at some research papers once I have time though.
For the mean time though, there are a whole load of people who are far from being idiots who also drink tap water. You should be absolutely fine drinking it, at least until you can buy your own filters.

Declan
6 years on and I'm still here for some reason.
~Laura was here~
BuryYourFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2014, 12:14 AM   #7
Cats123
Member++

Name: J

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuryYourFlame View Post
To put this simply starving yourself is probably the most physically painful option of weight loss but also hardly the most effective, with those two factors combined it's really not worth it.
The entire metabolic system that your body uses to break down food is dependent on two states, it is either normal or in a starvation state. Once your metabolic system is in the starvation state your body automatically does everything that it can to conserve energy. This puts up the breaks big time for weight loss after a certain point.
Eat as healthy as you can, and exercise accordingly.
I've always dismissed fluoride in the water being noticeably bad for you as a conspiracy kind of deal. I'll have a look at some research papers once I have time though.
For the mean time though, there are a whole load of people who are far from being idiots who also drink tap water. You should be absolutely fine drinking it, at least until you can buy your own filters.
Starving yourself is actually not painful, I would know. Sure you'll get sick after a while, but it's manageable as long as you don't do any other physical activity then walking or you may faint. It is the most effective way of losing weight really quickly. You can lose 15 pounds in 3 weeks, that's more then any other method of weight loss. As long as it's not a permanent thing you should be fine once it's over. You will gain weight once it ends, but not as much as you lost, so you should probably lose more then your actual goal weight loss is, but you probably shouldn't go over 3 weeks at a time. The only problem is that it can stunt your growth if you are still growing, but if you do it after your done growing then it won't cause any permanent problems as long as you still have enough fat to burn, so keep track of your body fat percentage and weight loss, so you don't go over.

If you are done growing and starve yourself for about 3 weeks and have enough fat to last that duration, what permanent problems could result?

On the show Naked And Afraid the survivalists last 3 weeks with very little food, and they are physically active for much time, so they basically don't get any food. They are basically unintentionally starving themselves, most of them some make out well with food, and none have been injured from losing food for 3 weeks.

I see that after they completed, or not, they seem to gain a lot of weight back. Is this weight gain intentional on them, or is it because it took so long to get out of starvation mode, and how long on average does it take for your metabolism to return back to normal after going into starvation mode and are there different levels of starvation mode?

Last edited by Cats123; July 29th, 2014 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Naked And Afraid
Cats123 is offline   Reply With Quote