Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 11th, 2014, 12:18 PM   #1
AllTimeLoser
Member
 
AllTimeLoser's Forum Picture
 
Name: Lauren
Join Date: July 2, 2014
Location: Scotland
Age: 17
Gender: Female
Angry getting called fake

I have suffered from panic attacks for years now with a variety of triggers, but this one girl constantly calls me a faker and "pathetic" because I don't cry when I have panic attacks, and because she cries when she does that apparently makes it a universal thing. I tried to tell my best friend but he's sort of into her and just shouts at me for talking badly of her... how do I make people stop believing her lies?

Hi!! I'm just... kinda floating about here, so if you ever need to talk I'm here <3
AllTimeLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2014, 12:24 PM   #2
diddykong53
Junior Member+
 
diddykong53's Forum Picture
 
Name: Andrew
Join Date: January 23, 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Default Re: getting called fake

the difference in opinions between your guyfriend and yourself isn't good. If he's shouting at you that's not a good thing, he should accept your different opinion rather than getting defensive about it. at any rate, you are right. this girl doesn't know what she's talking about. My friend Ivy had a panic attack right next to me and she didn't cry. you aren't a faker and your feelings are real. try to ignore this girl. tell the boy how you feel, maybe think about changing friends. yelling isn't good at all.

If you need someone to talk to I'm here.
If you need a shoulder to cry on I'm here.
diddykong53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2014, 12:39 PM   #3
AllTimeLoser
Member
 
AllTimeLoser's Forum Picture
 
Name: Lauren
Join Date: July 2, 2014
Location: Scotland
Age: 17
Gender: Female
Post Re: getting called fake

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddykong53 View Post
the difference in opinions between your guyfriend and yourself isn't good. If he's shouting at you that's not a good thing, he should accept your different opinion rather than getting defensive about it. at any rate, you are right. this girl doesn't know what she's talking about. My friend Ivy had a panic attack right next to me and she didn't cry. you aren't a faker and your feelings are real. try to ignore this girl. tell the boy how you feel, maybe think about changing friends. yelling isn't good at all.
thank you Andrew, I've tried to tell him but it always ends up in awkward arguments tbh :/

Hi!! I'm just... kinda floating about here, so if you ever need to talk I'm here <3
AllTimeLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2014, 06:08 PM   #4
Rayquaza
Sky High Pokmon
 
Join Date: October 11, 2010
Location: Sky Pillar
Age: 21
Gender: Agender
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: getting called fake

I don't think he's a very good friend if he doesn't believe you. To be honest, I'd find someone else to talk to, and try and tell the girl to stop spreading lies. If she doesn't listen, just ignore her and don't give her the time of day. You can do better than people that take something seriously as a joke. If you know you're not fake and you're not being fake, people will see it and realise that you're not, and they'll know that the rude girl is the fake one.
Rayquaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2014, 06:28 PM   #5
AllTimeLoser
Member
 
AllTimeLoser's Forum Picture
 
Name: Lauren
Join Date: July 2, 2014
Location: Scotland
Age: 17
Gender: Female
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayquaza View Post
I don't think he's a very good friend if he doesn't believe you. To be honest, I'd find someone else to talk to, and try and tell the girl to stop spreading lies. If she doesn't listen, just ignore her and don't give her the time of day. You can do better than people that take something seriously as a joke. If you know you're not fake and you're not being fake, people will see it and realise that you're not, and they'll know that the rude girl is the fake one.
I guess that all is true, I just avoid the subject with him now but thank you for the advice

but to be honest... this girl is just making my anxiety worse. I look over during a lesson and I see her whispering something to one of my friends, I see them look at me and I just feel like slowly everybody is constantly whispering "fake", "pathetic", "idiot" behind my back...

Hi!! I'm just... kinda floating about here, so if you ever need to talk I'm here <3

Last edited by Living For Love; July 13th, 2014 at 03:00 AM. Reason: Merging. Please use "Edit" button next time. ~Tiago
AllTimeLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2014, 08:41 PM   #6
thatgothgirluknow
Great Poster
 
thatgothgirluknow's Forum Picture
 
Name: Jade/jordan
Join Date: December 22, 2013
Location: in the deep depts of hell (florida)
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 5
Default Re: getting called fake

it doesnt matter what they think or say dnt let it get to u only u can know the truth when i have panic attacks most times i cry but sometimes i dnt i mean i even had flashbacks without crying before some people are just stronger than others maybe thats why or maybe ur just scared to cry whatever the reason her opinion doesnt matter any friend who would yell at u and dought u isnt a good friend ur better than them dont worry wheather or not their talking behind ur back or not have faith in urself and find new friends if they are anyone who is willing to tlk behind ur back isnt worth worrying about dont let it get to u

u know u love the goth girl


do not live to survive but to thrive and secede

<font color=SlateGray><font size=5>BUTTERFLIES</font></font>
the rain comes before the rainbow
thatgothgirluknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2014, 08:46 PM   #7
AllTimeLoser
Member
 
AllTimeLoser's Forum Picture
 
Name: Lauren
Join Date: July 2, 2014
Location: Scotland
Age: 17
Gender: Female
Default Re: getting called fake

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgothgirluknow View Post
it doesnt matter what they think or say dnt let it get to u only u can know the truth when i have panic attacks most times i cry but sometimes i dnt i mean i even had flashbacks without crying before some people are just stronger than others maybe thats why or maybe ur just scared to cry whatever the reason her opinion doesnt matter any friend who would yell at u and dought u isnt a good friend ur better than them dont worry wheather or not their talking behind ur back or not have faith in urself and find new friends if they are anyone who is willing to tlk behind ur back isnt worth worrying about dont let it get to u
thanks that's actually really nice, so helpful

Hi!! I'm just... kinda floating about here, so if you ever need to talk I'm here <3
AllTimeLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2017
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2017, VirtualTeen.org