Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old May 31st, 2014, 11:13 PM   #1
ComfortableInChaos
Awesome Poster

ComfortableInChaos's Forum Picture

Default Is this possible?

So my family has bipolarism in our genes- it went from my great grandma's dad to her, to my grandpa, to my mom... so then there's me. I haven't been diagnosed for it but I think I might have some of the symptoms. Sometimes, I get reallllly depressed (I was on antidepressants but I took myself off of it), I'm an insomniac so I can't sleep much without pills, sometimes I hear people saying things to me but nobody's even there. I sometimes see people but I do like, a double take and they're gone... Idk, it's starting to make me feel kind of paranoid... Can someone help me, am I crazy?

18 year old guy
Gay (bi, but consider myself gay)
Completely open about everything and anything.
Wanna know more? Need advice? Just bored and wanna chat? PM me!
ComfortableInChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2014, 12:38 AM   #2
CrazyPerson101
Banned

Name: Gammy Num~Nums
Default Re: Is this possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontFckThisUp View Post
So my family has bipolarism in our genes- it went from my great grandma's dad to her, to my grandpa, to my mom... so then there's me. I haven't been diagnosed for it but I think I might have some of the symptoms. Sometimes, I get reallllly depressed (I was on antidepressants but I took myself off of it), I'm an insomniac so I can't sleep much without pills, sometimes I hear people saying things to me but nobody's even there. I sometimes see people but I do like, a double take and they're gone... Idk, it's starting to make me feel kind of paranoid... Can someone help me, am I crazy?

Well for one , if you have to be taking the meds for the antidepressants , then you better start taking them again. How much sleep do you get, I don't think you're crazy but I do think you should go see if you do have bipolarism passed down unto you. I can't really say much because I don't have enough info thus I can't make a proper judgement.
CrazyPerson101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2014, 01:22 AM   #3
ComfortableInChaos
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPerson101 View Post
Well for one , if you have to be taking the meds for the antidepressants , then you better start taking them again. How much sleep do you get, I don't think you're crazy but I do think you should go see if you do have bipolarism passed down unto you. I can't really say much because I don't have enough info thus I can't make a proper judgement.
If I don't take pills, I can stay up through the entire night and through the whole next day. I did that a lot during the school year and I wouldn't sleep and I'd go to school and I'd be really tired but I'd go home and pass out at about 7 PM but then wake up at 2 AM thinking it was a whole day later.

18 year old guy
Old June 1st, 2014, 01:42 AM   #4
CrazyPerson101
Banned

Quote:
If I don't take pills, I can stay up through the entire night and through the whole next day. I did that a lot during the school year and I wouldn't sleep and I'd go to school and I'd be really tired but I'd go home and pass out at about 7 PM but then wake up at 2 AM thinking it was a whole day later.

Well then you should be taking your pills ( if you need suggestions I would have a doc. say its okay first but you could go to the store and buy Valerian Root, that helps make me sleep. Also Man that must have REALLY sucked staying up that long. I am tierd now and its almost 2 am where I live. I would defentily try it though , you have to take it like 30mis before bed , it takes a while to take affect you're sopposed to take only 2 but on the bright side , if you overdose there aren't any side affects , Ive taken 5 before ( wasn't soppsed to ) but I fell asleep quick
Old June 1st, 2014, 02:41 AM   #5
ksdnfkfr
Banned

Quote:
I have most or all of those symptoms that come and go. hearing and seeing people out of the corner of my eye who aren't there and getting spooked. and seems like i'm awake all the time. lots of times in bed I have to keep opening my eyes to look because it feels like someone is in my room watching me. But the thing my therapist seems to focus on more then what I'm experiencing along those lines, is how it's effecting my life. so that's a question, how much is it messing up your life? If you're able to get along and function in school and stuff, then that's good and probably means it's not all that serious. It only gets serious for me when I get a really bad attack like i did a couple of days ago and had to take a heavy duty tranquilizer. so yeah, get it checked. it's about quality of life and don't worry about being "crazy". a lot of us here are "crazy"
ksdnfkfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2014, 03:10 AM   #6
ComfortableInChaos
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Well then you should be taking your pills ( if you need suggestions I would have a doc. say its okay first but you could go to the store and buy Valerian Root, that helps make me sleep. Also Man that must have REALLY sucked staying up that long. I am tierd now and its almost 2 am where I live. I would defentily try it though , you have to take it like 30mis before bed , it takes a while to take affect you're sopposed to take only 2 but on the bright side , if you overdose there aren't any side affects , Ive taken 5 before ( wasn't soppsed to ) but I fell asleep quick
I've gotten pills from a doctor to sleep.

18 year old guy
Old June 1st, 2014, 03:13 AM   #7
ComfortableInChaos
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
I have most or all of those symptoms that come and go. hearing and seeing people out of the corner of my eye who aren't there and getting spooked. and seems like i'm awake all the time. lots of times in bed I have to keep opening my eyes to look because it feels like someone is in my room watching me. But the thing my therapist seems to focus on more then what I'm experiencing along those lines, is how it's effecting my life. so that's a question, how much is it messing up your life? If you're able to get along and function in school and stuff, then that's good and probably means it's not all that serious. It only gets serious for me when I get a really bad attack like i did a couple of days ago and had to take a heavy duty tranquilizer. so yeah, get it checked. it's about quality of life and don't worry about being "crazy". a lot of us here are "crazy"
The thing that bothers me about it is how it is genetic and can be passed through genes and I'm "next in line" hypothetically speaking... Idk, sometimes I just feel like I'm an outsider with things happening to me and not normal things, just different things...

18 year old guy
Old June 1st, 2014, 05:54 AM   #8
ksdnfkfr
Banned

Quote:
The thing that bothers me about it is how it is genetic and can be passed through genes and I'm "next in line" hypothetically speaking... Idk, sometimes I just feel like I'm an outsider with things happening to me and not normal things, just different things...
Well there's virtually no mental illness history in my family at all and I have a mental issues folder that's 3 feet thick. My best/only friend's mom and her family have mental illness history, but he doesn't have any signs of it. so....you never know. But again getting back to what my therapist focuses on, how badly did mental illness mess up the lives of your mom and grandma?
ksdnfkfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2014, 08:17 AM   #9
CrazyPerson101
Banned

Quote:
I've gotten pills from a doctor to sleep.
Ok, Well You also have to keep in mind if you are bipolar, how bad does it affect you ( Asumming you are ? as Ezra said , how did it affect your mom & grandma ? and It still doesn't sound like you're getting enough sleep but Idk...
Old June 1st, 2014, 01:12 PM   #10
ComfortableInChaos
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Ok, Well You also have to keep in mind if you are bipolar, how bad does it affect you ( Assuming you are ? as Ezra said , how did it affect your mom & grandma ? and It still doesn't sound like you're getting enough sleep but Idk...
My mom has to take pills to sleep, too... Idk, it just seems like the possibility is high for me and tbh, I'm kind of scared of the whole idea

18 year old guy
Old June 1st, 2014, 01:23 PM   #11
CrazyPerson101
Banned

Quote:
My mom has to take pills to sleep, too... Idk, it just seems like the possibility is high for me and tbh, I'm kind of scared of the whole idea

Well if you think about it , if you are bipolar , your mom and grandma can help you out ... like with questions and life and stuff like that. All I can really suggest is to go to a doc. and have them test you for bipolarism. Try to look at things o nthe brightside no matter how bad they may be or seem

Last edited by CrazyPerson101; June 1st, 2014 at 09:17 PM.
Old June 3rd, 2014, 03:45 AM   #12
Microcosm
Awesome Poster

Microcosm's Forum Picture

Name: Dan
Post Re: Is this possible?

I'd definitely go back on those meds. I can understand why you wanted to go off them because I did the same thing two times and then had to go right back on them. You just have to fight the urge to say you don't need them because they are working in ways that you don't even notice until you just stop taking them altogether.
Microcosm is offline   Reply With Quote