Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old December 24th, 2013, 11:34 AM   #1
thatgothgirluknow
Great Poster

thatgothgirluknow's Forum Picture

Name: Jade/jordan
Exclamation um just wondering if im the only one

so maybe this is in the wrong form but i dont know what to call it and this seemed like the closest thing so here it goes because of abuse and trust isuses im realy sensitive to others position and touch like if someone goes behind and i dont know theyer there ill flinch when i turn around and see them behind me but its not that they scared me i dont know why i flinch and i have the same problem with my shoulders like i absulutley can not stand for them to be touched by anyone else but me and when someone does i tense up and often flinch people constantly try to hug me and put theyer arms on my shoulders and i do everything in my power not to flinch because i worry that itll make them think i dont like them or something but i dont know how to explain my problems can anyone tell me if they have had simular problems and if so what can i do

u know u love the goth girl

do not live to survive but to thrive and secede

<font color=SlateGray><font size=5>BUTTERFLIES</font></font>
the rain comes before the rainbow
Old December 24th, 2013, 12:53 PM   #2
Barneytinsen
Banned

Name: Barney (not my real name or any of my name just call me that for forum reasons)
Default Re: um just wondering if im the only one

Yeah i get that sometimes.When i dont know someone is near my back i often feel a ticklish feeling i get kinda nervous, but its not that major problem compared to yours....maybe if thae do that to you tell them your not comfortable with it.
Old December 24th, 2013, 01:34 PM   #3
thatgothgirluknow
Great Poster

yeah but i have alot of freinds that think its funny and purposely do it at school witch nearly resulted in a fight plus i dont want to hurt peoples feelings when they try to hug me

Old December 25th, 2013, 02:32 AM   #4
Katiya
Nice Poster

Katiya's Forum Picture

Name: Anonymous ...no really...

Ever try having someone you trust just keep touching you until the sensation goes away? I had that after I wore a cast for 3 months. I couldn't even touch my own skin where it was without jerking. My doc said to work on it each day till I absolutyl could not stand it any more and then do the same the next day. It went away after less than 2 weeks.

It might be a similar thing. Worth a try

I also watch people, don't like them behind me, I've even punched a few people who surprised me and I freak out thinking they were someone trying to hurt me before I realize I know them. Then I always feel bad and embarrassed. I just got better at listening ant watching and knowing when someone sneeking up on me. Its basicly impossible to surprise me now. Lol

Oh and that's not ocd. Ocd is more a doing or repeating of silly things all the time. Like one girl tosses a spoon every morning in a certain order and if it doesn't land just right she has to do it all over till its right. Its a compulsion. But a kinda useless one.

You have more a sensation problem.

Posts merged. ~Elysium

~I do not try to give advice as much as I do just point out facts as I have found people like to make their own decisions in life, not be told what one is best to make~

Please excuse my typos. I'm usually on my phone and it has issues.

Last edited by Elysium; June 2nd, 2014 at 10:43 PM.
Old December 25th, 2013, 01:21 PM   #5
RavleIncarnate
Nice Poster

RavleIncarnate's Forum Picture

Name: Danie

I get the same feeling, but with me its the small of my back and my hair, I never wear anything to cover my head now, and I like loose shirts. I don't flinch, though. I punch, cuz I'm a guy who doesn't like it all.

Hi. I'm Daniel. PM or VM me. I got many social media links

I'm open to anything, be it questions or answers, or anything in between.

Why the name? Personal reasons. Ditto, motherfuckers.

Old December 25th, 2013, 02:29 PM   #6
thatgothgirluknow
Great Poster

i used to atomaticly elboe them without thinking about it but i hurt one of my freinds and felt bad so i did everything i could to stop that i recently acidently stabbed a girl in the ear because i had a pen in my hand and she she behind me poking me in the shoulder i dont know why i flinch when people go behind me because they never surprise me i just dont like them there i guess

Old June 2nd, 2014, 09:49 AM   #7
Elsa

Name: Thea

I have aspergers(spelling) or autism. Many people with my diagnoses (not me though) have a problem with touching. Well I CAN have a problem with that sometimes but i don't know why. I'm NOT saying that you have autism. Everyone can have a littlebit of everything, more of this or less of that. I also have a problem with people behind me. This could be anything, and having some things from a diagnose i actually very common. Even "normal" people may reconize themselves in sevral diagnoses themselves without actually having them. I don't have an answer on what to do though...
Old June 2nd, 2014, 10:39 AM   #8
Hudor
Awesome Poster

Hudor's Forum Picture

Name: Aditya
Location: On the only human-friendly planet in the Milky Way galaxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgothgirluknow View Post
so maybe this is in the wrong form but i dont know what to call it and this seemed like the closest thing so here it goes because of abuse and trust isuses im realy sensitive to others position and touch like if someone goes behind and i dont know theyer there ill flinch when i turn around and see them behind me but its not that they scared me i dont know why i flinch and i have the same problem with my shoulders like i absulutley can not stand for them to be touched by anyone else but me and when someone does i tense up and often flinch people constantly try to hug me and put theyer arms on my shoulders and i do everything in my power not to flinch because i worry that itll make them think i dont like them or something but i dont know how to explain my problems can anyone tell me if they have had simular problems and if so what can i do
Maybe just instincts? Usually when someone is standing behind me, not even touching or even very close, the hairs on the back of my neck would stand up and I would have goosebumps all over. If a hand slides on to my shoulder I would flinch although not too obviously and turn to see the person. I'm not a touchy-feely kind of guy and I'm always on the ready to defend myself if and when someone attacks me(lol that saved me more than once too).
Try something like Katiya said to ease your nerves and be less sensitive.
Old June 2nd, 2014, 04:37 PM   #9
gothy
Member++

gothy's Forum Picture

Post Re: um just wondering if im the only one

Quote:
im actually the same way. but for me it could be because im a nervous flinchy person to begin with.
anyways, I wouldnt worry about it. if you dont want them to hug you, then tell them. If they dont understand then explain that you just rather people dont. its nothing to do with them. if they dont understand there is nothing you can do. You did what you can. dont feel bad about it though. Id completely understand if i was the other person and you flinched.

by leprechaun

"Enjoy your faults, that's what separates you from the rest of the world.” - Marilyn Manson
Old June 2nd, 2014, 04:39 PM   #10
thatgothgirluknow
Great Poster

thx this is kinda an old thread but since i posted this i found out that i have ptsd witch is in part the cause and i am also a very nervous and flinchy person to begin with

Old June 2nd, 2014, 04:43 PM   #11
gothy
Member++

gothy's Forum Picture

Quote:
thx this is kinda an old thread but since i posted this i found out that i have ptsd witch is in part the cause and i am also a very nervous and flinchy person to begin with
oops now im gonna be banned

by leprechaun

"Enjoy your faults, that's what separates you from the rest of the world.” - Marilyn Manson
Old June 2nd, 2014, 10:29 PM   #12
thatgothgirluknow
Great Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothy View Post
oops now im gonna be banned
no someone else started it up again

Old June 2nd, 2014, 10:42 PM   #13
Elysium
Global Moderator

Elysium's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa View Post
I have aspergers(spelling) or autism. Many people with my diagnoses (not me though) have a problem with touching. Well I CAN have a problem with that sometimes but i don't know why. I'm NOT saying that you have autism. Everyone can have a littlebit of everything, more of this or less of that. I also have a problem with people behind me. This could be anything, and having some things from a diagnose i actually very common. Even "normal" people may reconize themselves in sevral diagnoses themselves without actually having them. I don't have an answer on what to do though...
Please don't post in threads that have been inactive for two months or more.

Global Moderator
My Diary
“Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.”
- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse Five

PM me FAQ
[email protected]
“The Goderator”
~Mike was here~
*Ali*
val
~Steven~
Closed Thread