superwholock777

Name: Stephenie
Default Re: Self Harm Survey

1. Have you ever self harmed? Yes
2. Do you still do it? Yes
3. If you did/do, what type of self-harm was it? Cutting and Burning
4. How old were you when you first did it? 13
5. Who knew? Did you tell anyone? Only my best friend
6. Have you ever gotten help? (Ex. Counselor, therapist, etc.) yes but it was really sh** and disinterested work
7. What is your reason for doing it? (Ex. Some people do it as a form of release or they may feel like they deserve it.) family stuff and bad anxiety
8. Have you ever thought about, planned, or attempted suicide? (If you answer this with yes, don't answer #9) yes
9. Are you ever scared that it might progress into something worse, like suicidal tendencies?
10. How were you able to stop your self-harming tendencies if you did? I didn't
superwholock777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 10:45 AM   #62
Fiction
Ex Psych Mod

Fiction's Forum Picture

Name: Kathy

1. Have you ever self harmed? Yes
2. Do you still do it? No
3. If you did/do, what type of self-harm was it? Cuts, burns, scalds, overdoses
4. How old were you when you first did it? 14
5. Who knew? Did you tell anyone? Various friends over the years, parents found out eventually.
6. Have you ever gotten help? (Ex. Counselor, therapist, etc.) Counselor
7. What is your reason for doing it? (Ex. Some people do it as a form of release or they may feel like they deserve it.) There were so many different reasons over the three years or so that i did it. Anger at myself, feeling numb and lots more
8. Have you ever thought about, planned, or attempted suicide? (If you answer this with yes, don't answer #9) Yes
9. Are you ever scared that it might progress into something worse, like suicidal tendencies?
10. How were you able to stop your self-harming tendencies if you did? My life improved and I realised that my self-harm was just habit then, rather than anything serving a purpose as I had nothing I needed to cope with. I wanted the freedom of short sleeves and wearing bikinis and the only way to have that was to stop. I've self-harmed only once in the last year but the urges are not completely gone, and do reappear when i'm feeling particularly upset.

You brought hate, pills and knives,
And this is how the tale begins.
Its your life, exist and wonder why.
When it only fails to work,
It only fails to work sometimes
Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 09:56 PM   #63
Ebony Holden

Name: Ebony

1. Have you ever self harmed? yes i have
2. Do you still do it? actively self harming but not all the time
3. If you did/do, what type of self-harm was it? cutting,scratching,banging my head against things
4. How old were you when you first did it? about 11 but seriously when i was 13
5. Who knew? Did you tell anyone? a lot of people as who i thought i could trust spread it
6. Have you ever gotten help? (Ex. Counselor, therapist, etc.) anti depressants but apart from that nope
7. What is your reason for doing it? (Ex. Some people do it as a form of release or they may feel like they deserve it.) its a long story
8. Have you ever thought about, planned, or attempted suicide? (If you answer this with yes, don't answer #9) i have done but never tried to
10. How were you able to stop your self-harming tendencies if you did? i dont know really i just do it
Ebony Holden is offline   Reply With Quote