Old February 26th, 2014, 05:17 PM   #21
The Trendy Wolf
Nice Poster

The Trendy Wolf's Forum Picture

Name: Grant
Default Re: Why I love having ADHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovecraft View Post
I'm glad that you have such a positive way of looking at what is typically seen as negative. If you don't mind me asking, what meds are you taking? I'm on Concerta (aka. Ritalin) but I mostly just take it for fun, because it doesn't make me a robot at all, it makes me feel this sense of euphoria in which everything is fascinating for me. I take it when I want to spend three hours on a bus writing about people.
I take 70 mg of Vyvanse (maximum dosage) in the morning and 10-30 mg of Adderall in the afternoon, typically for homework.

Wolves

I try really hard not to be too full of myself
The Trendy Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2014, 07:03 PM   #22
Karkat
Knight of Blood

Karkat's Forum Picture

Name: Ren Höek

Quote:
Originally Posted by backjruton View Post
Haha. I don't like what I have because I know I've been diagnosed with something on the area of the autistic spectrum but my mum hasn't told me exactly where I am. All she's ever told me I'd I have "autistic spectrum disorder", is just having this even possible? I want too know but don't really want to ask her...is it Aspergers, high functioning autism, ADD, ADHD or...?

This Is the question I'm faced with in my head very often and I can't learn more about myself until I know for sure :L I'm unmedicated though and seem to be doing perfectly fine except for what I think is my very low pain threshold, if someone can explain this to me too
(ADD/ADHD aren't actually on the spectrum. Just thought I'd point that out. )

(Also, it's possible to have both.)

ASD is a GROUP of disorders, not just one. So basically she's saying you're, as they put it, "on the spectrum", but she's not telling you where. However, maybe it's undecided, I guess you could be on the spectrum and not have a specific diagnosis? This is out of my expertise. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If I am on the spectrum as well, the pain threshold thing could explain a lot. I have kind of a low tolerance to pain as well- HOWEVER, it's with weird things. Like I hate needles, but piercing is fine. I don't think getting a tattoo would bother me. I actually re-pierced my top hole in my ear (I have two, one earring-size hole, one 14/13g. I put earrings in it as well, but I make sure to put on backings so they don't fall out. ) without numbing it/etc. and I did fine. It didn't bother me much. But I'm VERY sensitive to cold. It's gotten better recently, but when I'm cold, I'm not just cold. I'm in EXTREME PAIN. It's like I'm being burned, kind of. That's really the only thing I can relate it to. I also can't stand the way cuts feel, they sort of cause me to have 'mental anguish' as well as physical pain.

Quote:
I'm glad that you have such a positive way of looking at what is typically seen as negative. If you don't mind me asking, what meds are you taking? I'm on Concerta (aka. Ritalin) but I mostly just take it for fun, because it doesn't make me a robot at all, it makes me feel this sense of euphoria in which everything is fascinating for me. I take it when I want to spend three hours on a bus writing about people.
Ok, this really makes me want to take Ritalin (which probably isn't the greatest thing, but eh)

Like that sounds absolutely perfect. I love writing. (Though my writing<your writing, I must say. I'm not sure why I bother )

Just a ghost

Nothing to see here
Karkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2014, 07:48 PM   #23
backjruton
Awesome Poster

backjruton's Forum Picture

Name: JACK
Lightbulb Re: Why I love having ADHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisenUpJanetWeiss View Post
(ADD/ADHD aren't actually on the spectrum. Just thought I'd point that out. )

(Also, it's possible to have both.)

ASD is a GROUP of disorders, not just one. So basically she's saying you're, as they put it, "on the spectrum", but she's not telling you where. However, maybe it's undecided, I guess you could be on the spectrum and not have a specific diagnosis? This is out of my expertise. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If I am on the spectrum as well, the pain threshold thing could explain a lot. I have kind of a low tolerance to pain as well- HOWEVER, it's with weird things. Like I hate needles, but piercing is fine. I don't think getting a tattoo would bother me. I actually re-pierced my top hole in my ear (I have two, one earring-size hole, one 14/13g. I put earrings in it as well, but I make sure to put on backings so they don't fall out. ) without numbing it/etc. and I did fine. It didn't bother me much. But I'm VERY sensitive to cold. It's gotten better recently, but when I'm cold, I'm not just cold. I'm in EXTREME PAIN. It's like I'm being burned, kind of. That's really the only thing I can relate it to. I also can't stand the way cuts feel, they sort of cause me to have 'mental anguish' as well as physical pain.
Sounds weird that being cold can make you feel like you're burning
I should probably ask about that again when I have this appointment with one of the support workers I used to see a lot next Thursday because I not only want to know more about the spectrum now but I also want to know about this problem with my muscles my mum didn't tell me about until Tuesday and that was over the phone when I was at college... I was confused enough already but now I am even more and it's hard hitting to be told something I've been doing all my life isn't normal XD I don't really know about other people because I haven't asked anyone else to do this, but my fingers all seem to be kinda floppy which in a way is very weird but I also like it because it looks cool.

I really want tattoos but I can't really see myself ever getting one just because of how much accidentally poking myself with the needle when sewing can hurt, and some of the things my very stupidly annoying friend does to wind me up even though I keep trying to tell her I get hurt more and pissed off more than other people. It would just be great if I could have an infinite supply of temp tattoos or something, because as far as I remember they're not painful in the slightest I also really want both my ears pierced (with studs I THINK) and snake bites like on the picture that's in the link. I don't know what it is but I just get turned on whenever I see them for some reason. Maybe this explains why I'm "physically attracted" to one of the guys in my group. I think he looks great without them obviously but they make him look a whole lot better too This is another thing I'd be worried to go for though because of the pain, it would feel weird to have them done after 17 years of having nothing, although I've never felt properly normal either. If it's possible to numb the place you get pierced until the job is finished it's something I would definitely go for. Also I think I always have this slight feeling of being weak no matter what I'm doing and I think that's also something to do with what I said about the muscles.

I just looked up the spectrum again too to find about PDD-NOS which is the thing that's in the middle. I didn't know it only really included Aspergers and Autism so that's come as a surprise to me too XD Maybe this is what I have and they didn't tell me because the name is so stupidly long... "Pervasive developmental disorder not otherwise specified"

You should change your avatar to this btw http://dragon-queen01456.deviantart....impy-135560020
Either that or a blobfish so you can join the slowly growing alliance... :p

Last edited by backjruton; February 27th, 2014 at 07:51 PM.
backjruton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2014, 08:12 PM   #24
Karkat
Knight of Blood

Karkat's Forum Picture

Quote:
Sounds weird that being cold can make you feel like you're burning
I should probably ask about that again when I have this appointment with one of the support workers I used to see a lot next Thursday because I not only want to know more about the spectrum now but I also want to know about this problem with my muscles my mum didn't tell me about until Tuesday and that was over the phone when I was at college... I was confused enough already but now I am even more and it's hard hitting to be told something I've been doing all my life isn't normal XD I don't really know about other people because I haven't asked anyone else to do this, but my fingers all seem to be kinda floppy which in a way is very weird but I also like it because it looks cool.

I really want tattoos but I can't really see myself ever getting one just because of how much accidentally poking myself with the needle when sewing can hurt, and some of the things my very stupidly annoying friend does to wind me up even though I keep trying to tell her I get hurt more and pissed off more than other people. It would just be great if I could have an infinite supply of temp tattoos or something, because as far as I remember they're not painful in the slightest I also really want both my ears pierced (with studs I THINK) and snake bites like on the picture that's in the link. I don't know what it is but I just get turned on whenever I see them for some reason. Maybe this explains why I'm "physically attracted" to one of the guys in my group. I think he looks great without them obviously but they make him look a whole lot better too This is another thing I'd be worried to go for though because of the pain, it would feel weird to have them done after 17 years of having nothing, although I've never felt properly normal either. If it's possible to numb the place you get pierced until the job is finished it's something I would definitely go for. Also I think I always have this slight feeling of being weak no matter what I'm doing and I think that's also something to do with what I said about the muscles.

I just looked up the spectrum again too to find about PDD-NOS which is the thing that's in the middle. I didn't know it only really included Aspergers and Autism so that's come as a surprise to me too XD Maybe this is what I have and they didn't tell me because the name is so stupidly long... "Pervasive developmental disorder not otherwise specified"

You should change your avatar to this btw http://dragon-queen01456.deviantart....impy-135560020
Either that or a blobfish so you can join the slowly growing alliance... :p
Yeah, it's unpleasant. But the more I expose myself, the better it gets. Plus, I feel kind of metal, just sticking myself out in the cold Like "Just gotta get through a little bit of pain, and things will get better!" I'm kind of stubborn that way.

Also, I HATE getting goosebumps. They hurt like heck.

Oh also, wanted to ask you- (and Ezra as well) do you have any aversions to any kinds of fabrics? Like sweaters? Almost a sensation like you're cold or something all of a sudden, and it kind of "hurts" to be around them? I've heard this is a thing people on the spectrum experience sometimes, and boy do I.

Interesting! I've felt that I have problems with my muscles as well, as well as problems with feeling weak, but not really like that. Hmm.

Temporary tattoos are nice sometimes

I've never had my face pierced, so I wouldn't know how that goes, but they can numb the ear if you ask them, depending on where you go. It's not a huge deal though. Just feels like someone pinched your ear kinda hard, then it'll feel pretty hot for a while after. Might hurt every once in a while if you don't take good care of it, or leave it in long enough though. That'd be the worst part of it.

My boyfriend might get his ears re-pierced, and get some sort of lip piercing. I love it. I don't blame you, I think it looks hot. XD

Yeah, that's possible.

XD Ren and Stimpy! Gg Lol I like being Ebichu for now, but we'll see.

Just a ghost

Nothing to see here
Old February 27th, 2014, 08:42 PM   #25
backjruton
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Yeah, it's unpleasant. But the more I expose myself, the better it gets. Plus, I feel kind of metal, just sticking myself out in the cold Like "Just gotta get through a little bit of pain, and things will get better!" I'm kind of stubborn that way.

Also, I HATE getting goosebumps. They hurt like heck.

Oh also, wanted to ask you- (and Ezra as well) do you have any aversions to any kinds of fabrics? Like sweaters? Almost a sensation like you're cold or something all of a sudden, and it kind of "hurts" to be around them? I've heard this is a thing people on the spectrum experience sometimes, and boy do I.

Interesting! I've felt that I have problems with my muscles as well, as well as problems with feeling weak, but not really like that. Hmm.

Temporary tattoos are nice sometimes

I've never had my face pierced, so I wouldn't know how that goes, but they can numb the ear if you ask them, depending on where you go. It's not a huge deal though. Just feels like someone pinched your ear kinda hard, then it'll feel pretty hot for a while after. Might hurt every once in a while if you don't take good care of it, or leave it in long enough though. That'd be the worst part of it.

My boyfriend might get his ears re-pierced, and get some sort of lip piercing. I love it. I don't blame you, I think it looks hot. XD

Yeah, that's possible.

XD Ren and Stimpy! Gg Lol I like being Ebichu for now, but we'll see.
I've linked to some of the more obvious things just incase they're named differently where you are XD idk

All I really know about the fabrics thing is: I only ever wear fleece hoodies, the softer kind, because I always feel weird wearing proper raincoats. I don't own a raincoat, I just wear a bright red hoodie where ever I go... I have a lot more hoodies in 6 different colours but I don't wear them anymore because they're a lot thicker and I just feel more constricted in them, and the colours are too sharp too.. not really good for my eyes I don't think... and I have 2 sweaters but I avoid wearing them too because of the way they feel. In school I couldn't just wear my polo shirt, I had to always have something on under it because of how that material felt as well, I don't like it in the slightest. But I think the worst of all is the shirts that are worn mostly in formal occasions and by people who have high profile snobby jobs they think they have to look "smart" for. Also the trousers people often wear with suits, I'm glad in college we don't have to wear uniforms anymore because I found it all too constricting.

We were even only allowed to wear black coats in school (I don't think hoodies were allowed) and the poxy school sweater, and I think they had a rule on black socks too which I actually "complied" with until year 11 when I thought "Fuck it, this is boring" and bought a lot more socks of different colours which I'm really glad about because I feel much better in these I also can't wear thick socks and I have to wear elasticated boxers with the softer material because of how they feel aswell. Jeans are another thing. Basically I should stop before I end up ruling out everything but I think I have at least one problem with everything except for the stuff I wear all the time. Soft cotton t-shirt or something and the big jogging bottoms (like these on the link but not so ugly)

All I know about the cold feeling is one second I can be perfectly fine, then the next second I feel a cold feeling around my neck and just shiver but a minute later I'm fine. If you feel you have some of these problems I've mentioned recently and you don't want to raise it up with your parents, wait until you're 18 or whatever the legal age is there and start trying to find out everything yourself. It may take some time but I know it's a big pain in the ass knowing you have something but not knowing what and not being able to tell your friends why you're so weird compared to everyone else. My parents tell me they've known about the hypotonia thing since I was around 1 and they did keep dropping hints but just not the name which is what I needed to know all along... I actually feel better now I know about it. Something about "low muscle tone" if you didn't click on the link. It really does explain a lot, because I've always been told that physically I'm developing faster than the other people my age but mentally I'm falling behind, and this is one of the things the article says about. I also bend my knees a really strange amount when walking too and I think one more than the other, which is something else people have commented on a lot but I've really never seen anything wrong with it.

I will have to find out more about the piercings too... I just really don't want to think about the odd conversation with my parents when I decide I want them I want to dye my hair either black or blonde and keep it short too, because I don't really like having brown hair as the shade I have just looks so dirty to me... especially in this picture of me with my face painted (this was for the performing arts course I did in school... haha)

My facebook timeline cover

I'm so glad I don't have college on Fridays XD
Old February 27th, 2014, 08:54 PM   #26
Karkat
Knight of Blood

Karkat's Forum Picture

Quote:
I've linked to some of the more obvious things just incase they're named differently where you are XD idk

All I really know about the fabrics thing is: I only ever wear fleece hoodies, the softer kind, because I always feel weird wearing proper raincoats. I don't own a raincoat, I just wear a bright red hoodie where ever I go... I have a lot more hoodies in 6 different colours but I don't wear them anymore because they're a lot thicker and I just feel more constricted in them, and the colours are too sharp too.. not really good for my eyes I don't think... and I have 2 sweaters but I avoid wearing them too because of the way they feel. In school I couldn't just wear my polo shirt, I had to always have something on under it because of how that material felt as well, I don't like it in the slightest. But I think the worst of all is the shirts that are worn mostly in formal occasions and by people who have high profile snobby jobs they think they have to look "smart" for. Also the trousers people often wear with suits, I'm glad in college we don't have to wear uniforms anymore because I found it all too constricting.

We were even only allowed to wear black coats in school (I don't think hoodies were allowed) and the poxy school sweater, and I think they had a rule on black socks too which I actually "complied" with until year 11 when I thought "Fuck it, this is boring" and bought a lot more socks of different colours which I'm really glad about because I feel much better in these I also can't wear thick socks and I have to wear elasticated boxers with the softer material because of how they feel aswell. Jeans are another thing. Basically I should stop before I end up ruling out everything but I think I have at least one problem with everything except for the stuff I wear all the time. Soft cotton t-shirt or something and the big jogging bottoms (like these on the link but not so ugly)

All I know about the cold feeling is one second I can be perfectly fine, then the next second I feel a cold feeling around my neck and just shiver but a minute later I'm fine. If you feel you have some of these problems I've mentioned recently and you don't want to raise it up with your parents, wait until you're 18 or whatever the legal age is there and start trying to find out everything yourself. It may take some time but I know it's a big pain in the ass knowing you have something but not knowing what and not being able to tell your friends why you're so weird compared to everyone else. My parents tell me they've known about the hypotonia thing since I was around 1 and they did keep dropping hints but just not the name which is what I needed to know all along... I actually feel better now I know about it. Something about "low muscle tone" if you didn't click on the link. It really does explain a lot, because I've always been told that physically I'm developing faster than the other people my age but mentally I'm falling behind, and this is one of the things the article says about. I also bend my knees a really strange amount when walking too and I think one more than the other, which is something else people have commented on a lot but I've really never seen anything wrong with it.

I will have to find out more about the piercings too... I just really don't want to think about the odd conversation with my parents when I decide I want them I want to dye my hair either black or blonde and keep it short too, because I don't really like having brown hair as the shade I have just looks so dirty to me... especially in this picture of me with my face painted (this was for the performing arts course I did in school... haha)

My facebook timeline cover

I'm so glad I don't have college on Fridays XD
Ah, nah, I knew what you were talking about.

Yup, sounds like fabric aversions to me! Though you've got it way worse than I do. I just mostly can't wear sweaters, and I have a hard time with polyester fabric, especially areas where there are hair... I'm also weird with undies. And I can only wear certain types of socks and gloves. But I can wear most clothing.

Ah, see my muscle problems have to do more with muscle weakness, I think. And it's mostly in my arms and back. I have terrible back problems. I love visits to the chiropractor because they make me feel brand new XD

I can relate to developing faster physically. I was the biggest person in the 7th grade, and probably in the top 10 in 8th. (Tallest girl in the grade by far both grades, and tallest girl in the school both grades) I also started puberty earlier, I think. Most people think I'm much older. I've never really acted like someone 'my age' entirely. I think I'm probably mentally ahead as well mostly.

However EMOTIONALLY I'm behind. It's frustrating. I have the emotional maturity of a ten year old- and I've gotten a TON better in the last 2-3 years. When I was a kid, I had a terrible time because I was constantly told by my parents to "stop acting like a baby". Then they'd proceed to tell me that there was nothing wrong with me as a person, that I was just having an attitude or something, and I didn't UNDERSTAND. I had no idea what I was doing wrong, I'd just get even more frustrated and act out more.

XD Brown hair isn't bad, but light brown hair can be troublesome sometimes. My hair is naturally like a dark blonde, and I HATE it. I'm constantly dying my hair red/dark brown/black. Even dyed it purple once, that was interesting.

Just a ghost

Nothing to see here
Old February 27th, 2014, 09:24 PM   #27
backjruton
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Ah, nah, I knew what you were talking about.

Yup, sounds like fabric aversions to me! Though you've got it way worse than I do. I just mostly can't wear sweaters, and I have a hard time with polyester fabric, especially areas where there are hair... I'm also weird with undies. And I can only wear certain types of socks and gloves. But I can wear most clothing.

Ah, see my muscle problems have to do more with muscle weakness, I think. And it's mostly in my arms and back. I have terrible back problems. I love visits to the chiropractor because they make me feel brand new XD

I can relate to developing faster physically. I was the biggest person in the 7th grade, and probably in the top 10 in 8th. (Tallest girl in the grade by far both grades, and tallest girl in the school both grades) I also started puberty earlier, I think. Most people think I'm much older. I've never really acted like someone 'my age' entirely. I think I'm probably mentally ahead as well mostly.

However EMOTIONALLY I'm behind. It's frustrating. I have the emotional maturity of a ten year old- and I've gotten a TON better in the last 2-3 years. When I was a kid, I had a terrible time because I was constantly told by my parents to "stop acting like a baby". Then they'd proceed to tell me that there was nothing wrong with me as a person, that I was just having an attitude or something, and I didn't UNDERSTAND. I had no idea what I was doing wrong, I'd just get even more frustrated and act out more.

XD Brown hair isn't bad, but light brown hair can be troublesome sometimes. My hair is naturally like a dark blonde, and I HATE it. I'm constantly dying my hair red/dark brown/black. Even dyed it purple once, that was interesting.
I think I have a problem with all hair past a certain length really, that's why the longest I've had in the past few years is this I had in 2011.

The only problem is, I let it get to this point then when I realize I don't like it I go far back to around this length which is obviously a drastic change. and people still sometimes ask me "Did you have a haircut?" It's really annoying. And also, sadly these are the best pictures I have to explain this XD I'm digging up a lot of pictures from my facebook and the oldest I've dug up is from 2009. I don't think brown hair looks too bad IF it's short, but after a certain length it's just ugly in my opinion

When I say I've developed quicker physically to other people, I mean just the fact I have facial hair and hair in other places that the other people didn't start to have until around a year or 2 later. Personally I think by shaving my facial hair I look younger than 17 because I don't know many 17 year olds who can make faces like this. Maybe it's just because they think they're "mature enough not to" (this picture was taken last year... XD)

In a way maybe your parents just didn't want to upset you too much by saying you have something wrong with you that most other people don't, although with the way you speak about them it doesn't sound like that at all . My mum and dad didn't say anything to me until one of my primary school teachers raised it up with them, saying she didn't think I'd be able to cope in high school, and that's when all of these meetings started. I was always getting help with my work before the diagnosis anyway from the special needs workers there because they knew I had something but didn't know exactly what. I never got in trouble for the way I behaved because of this, because they knew it's something that at least 90% of the time I can't control myself.

I'm not too old emotionally either, and I can tell this especially because one time a girl I didn't like said something rude to me in a lesson so I screamed and had to be sent out and moved into a different classroom because the teacher could just tell I needed to get out of there or something. I'm fine most of the time but I'm very easily set off too. They even stupidly made it in year 11 so you get suspended for swearing and luckily I never got in to any beef for when I swore either because it was very rare and the teacher could tell I was being set off by other people. Took a while to calm me down, she had to take me into a different room and talk to me in there because I stress very easily a lot of the time
Old February 27th, 2014, 09:33 PM   #28
Karkat
Knight of Blood

Karkat's Forum Picture

Quote:
I think I have a problem with all hair past a certain length really, that's why the longest I've had in the past few years is this I had in 2011.
imageimage
The only problem is, I let it get to this point then when I realize I don't like it I go far back to around this length which is obviously a drastic change. and people still sometimes ask me "Did you have a haircut?" It's really annoying. And also, sadly these are the best pictures I have to explain this XD I'm digging up a lot of pictures from my facebook and the oldest I've dug up is from 2009. I don't think brown hair looks too bad IF it's short, but after a certain length it's just ugly in my opinion

When I say I've developed quicker physically to other people, I mean just the fact I have facial hair and hair in other places that the other people didn't start to have until around a year or 2 later. Personally I think by shaving my facial hair I look younger than 17 because I don't know many 17 year olds who can make faces like this. Maybe it's just because they think they're "mature enough not to" (this picture was taken last year... XD)

In a way maybe your parents just didn't want to upset you too much by saying you have something wrong with you that most other people don't, although with the way you speak about them it doesn't sound like that at all . My mum and dad didn't say anything to me until one of my primary school teachers raised it up with them, saying she didn't think I'd be able to cope in high school, and that's when all of these meetings started. I was always getting help with my work before the diagnosis anyway from the special needs workers there because they knew I had something but didn't know exactly what. I never got in trouble for the way I behaved because of this, because they knew it's something that at least 90% of the time I can't control myself.

I'm not too old emotionally either, and I can tell this especially because one time a girl I didn't like said something rude to me in a lesson so I screamed and had to be sent out and moved into a different classroom because the teacher could just tell I needed to get out of there or something. I'm fine most of the time but I'm very easily set off too. They even stupidly made it in year 11 so you get suspended for swearing and luckily I never got in to any beef for when I swore either because it was very rare and the teacher could tell I was being set off by other people. Took a while to calm me down, she had to take me into a different room and talk to me in there because I stress very easily a lot of the time
I used to have hair down to my hips grades 5-7 Cut it all off to the shoulders halfway through 8th grade, just kept cutting and cutting XD

I like long hair, but I like short hair as well. It suits my gender identity too, it doesn't make it so hard to transition.

EDIT: Me with short hair, since we're sharing

Eh, maybe, but it didn't seem like they actually cared either. My best guess is that they were too scared that something was wrong with me to find out and fix it. Which is kinda ironic.

That sounds like your teachers were very attentive to your needs. That's good. That doesn't happen so much in schools around here.

Just a ghost

Nothing to see here
Old February 27th, 2014, 09:43 PM   #29
backjruton
Awesome Poster

Quote:
I used to have hair down to my hips grades 5-7 Cut it all off to the shoulders halfway through 8th grade, just kept cutting and cutting XD

I like long hair, but I like short hair as well. It suits my gender identity too, it doesn't make it so hard to transition.

Eh, maybe, but it didn't seem like they actually cared either. My best guess is that they were too scared that something was wrong with me to find out and fix it. Which is kinda ironic.

That sounds like your teachers were very attentive to your needs. That's good. That doesn't happen so much in schools around here.
This does sound quite possible because I had to bring my mum along to a lot of these appointments with me which means she had to tailor her work hours around them but luckily at her old job working as an antique seller or something she could do that XD I don't know, I would say to ask them why they didn't care but that could probably make things even worse too

Surely the best for you would be to have short hair with extensions or something then so you can switch between the 2 lengths whenever... Or a wig but that's something I wouldn't recommend because they make my head feel extremely weird. I had to do this for a charity fun run, where we walked the circuit of the stupid race course to raise money for the local hospice. Me, my dad and a lot of other male relatives dressed up in drag while the women made themselves look even more stupid than normal. My brother just walked around in normal clothes because he's no fun :L

EDIT: AWESOME That's the kind of length I would go for too but worried about how it would look on me
Old February 27th, 2014, 09:52 PM   #30
Karkat
Knight of Blood

Karkat's Forum Picture

Quote:
This does sound quite possible because I had to bring my mum along to a lot of these appointments with me which means she had to tailor her work hours around them but luckily at her old job working as an antique seller or something she could do that XD I don't know, I would say to ask them why they didn't care but that could probably make things even worse too

Surely the best for you would be to have short hair with extensions or something then so you can switch between the 2 lengths whenever... Or a wig but that's something I wouldn't recommend because they make my head feel extremely weird. I had to do this for a charity fun run, where we walked the circuit of the stupid race course to raise money for the local hospice. Me, my dad and a lot of other male relatives dressed up in drag while the women made themselves look even more stupid than normal. My brother just walked around in normal clothes because he's no fun :L

EDIT: AWESOME That's the kind of length I would go for too but worried about how it would look on me
Ah, yeah. XD

Well I can look feminine with short hair as well. I think I'll grow it out for the 'female' events in my life (my engagement and wedding, pregnancy maybe-unless I can't stand it lmao, etc) or if I don't want to pose as male for a while, but I like short hair. Yeah, I cant stand wigs/extensions either, haha.

That's awesome, haha.

I felt so fabulous when I took that picture Hmm, I dunno. I'm never good at telling those sorts of things XD

Just a ghost

Nothing to see here
Old February 28th, 2014, 06:43 PM   #31
Lovecraft
Junior Member+

Lovecraft's Forum Picture

Name: Catharine

Quote:
Ok, this really makes me want to take Ritalin (which probably isn't the greatest thing, but eh)

Like that sounds absolutely perfect. I love writing. (Though my writing<your writing, I must say. I'm not sure why I bother )
It makes you pretty robotic and dissociated if you take it multiple days in a row, so be careful. Otherwise it can be quite enjoyable and helpful, I must say. I don't take it anymore because it conflicts with some other meds I'm on, but it was nice while I did. Bus rides were so fascinating, it was like an observatory.
Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2014, 04:52 PM   #32
Mentlegen

Mentlegen's Forum Picture

Name: Clint

I was watching the Science Channel the other day and I found something out.

ADHD is in fact, and not many people know this, not a disorder. It is simply a gene remnant from long past.

(Flame Warning, Includes References to Evolution)
When the first humans walked the plains of Africa, they had heightened senses, greater agility, etc. This was needed to combat the wildlife and compete for food. Eventually, human ingenuity took over, and, after the first Industrial Era, we found no more need for these instincts. Now, ADHD appears every few generations, as an apparent 'disorder'. While it is great for hunting animals, it's not so great when sitting still in the classroom. XD
(References end here)

As for me, I love my ADHD as well. I find it fuels my creativity and writing. I can also think on my feet quicker than most.

15, Bi, ADHD, Gaming Freak. And PROUD of it. Willing to provide advice for anything.

Current Sale:
Australium Fancy Fedora for two Keys
Mentlegen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2014, 06:01 PM   #33
PurpleLips

PurpleLips's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy78907 View Post
Whats funny is that I naturally have those 2 sides. Without medication or ADHD. I can be quiet, reserved, and nice. Then I can be energetic, social, funny, etc. :p
same
PurpleLips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2014, 11:57 PM   #34
Karkat
Knight of Blood

Karkat's Forum Picture

Quote:
It makes you pretty robotic and dissociated if you take it multiple days in a row, so be careful. Otherwise it can be quite enjoyable and helpful, I must say. I don't take it anymore because it conflicts with some other meds I'm on, but it was nice while I did. Bus rides were so fascinating, it was like an observatory.
Huh. Ok, thanks.

Just a ghost

Nothing to see here
Old March 7th, 2014, 03:17 PM   #35
jayce_xt

jayce_xt's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Literate View Post
There are many reasons why I love having ADHD, but i love it mainly because it makes me different. I don't like to be the average teen, especially since the way most teens act nowadays is atrocious! I take medication for my ADHD and it makes me... Different I am a good student and I will be a freshman this year in high school. I will be taking IB classes (Which is a step above AAP/honors classes) plus i will be taking Algebra 2, and I absolutely adore chemistry and any and all sciences. I like having ADHD because it's like having two different lives, giving me two different perspectives on life, and it is very helpful to me. I have my nicer, quieter, and more intellectual side of me when I take my medication. Then I have the social, energetic, and funny side when I'm off my medication.

I feel like the only one in the world who loves having ADHD, and I'm hoping someone will agree with me once I finish posting this.
Have a nice day everyone with ADD/ADHD!
I actually have a question regarding your school work. You said you wouldn't be where you are now if you didn't have the medication. What was it like, trying to focus on assignments without medication? What kinds of problems did you have? How would you describe it?
jayce_xt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2014, 04:48 PM   #36
The Trendy Wolf
Nice Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayce_xt View Post
I actually have a question regarding your school work. You said you wouldn't be where you are now if you didn't have the medication. What was it like, trying to focus on assignments without medication? What kinds of problems did you have? How would you describe it?
Everything around me pulled me out of what I tried focusing on. Any stimuli would distract me, especially my own computer, and I see homework as being nearly impossible to complete efficiently with effort without my medication. Plus, my anxiety makes things so much worse for me.

Wolves

Old March 7th, 2014, 06:34 PM   #37
jayce_xt

jayce_xt's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Literate View Post
Everything around me pulled me out of what I tried focusing on. Any stimuli would distract me, especially my own computer, and I see homework as being nearly impossible to complete efficiently with effort without my medication. Plus, my anxiety makes things so much worse for me.
Huh... that actually sounds a lot like the way I feel, trying to get readings/papers done... I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was really little, but my parents thought they were just trying to force medicine on me. I may have to go back and get another test done, now that I'm older.

Thank you very much for your help.
jayce_xt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2014, 12:05 AM   #38
dame
Nice Poster

dame's Forum Picture

Name: Damian

I have ADD. I've taken medicine for it for about 4 years, but my grades have always been subpar. Having ADD is really frustrating for me, I'm a very intelligent person, but my grades just don't show it. Homework is really hard for me to do, I'm constantly finding myself doing everything but homework. I just can't focus, even if I want to. The medication seems to help while I'm in class, but if I don't finish something in class I won't finish it at all.
dame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2014, 06:00 PM   #39
The Trendy Wolf
Nice Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayce_xt View Post
Huh... that actually sounds a lot like the way I feel, trying to get readings/papers done... I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was really little, but my parents thought they were just trying to force medicine on me. I may have to go back and get another test done, now that I'm older.

Thank you very much for your help.
No problem, and if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Wolves