Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old March 7th, 2014, 09:06 AM   #1
Agent
Member+

Default Anxiety disorder?

So, the deal is this: Ive been having some daily anxiety for a bit over a week now. Its usually something I can manage, but the symptoms can get pretty intense at times, intense enough to classify as a panic attack I guess? The worst one was last Saturday, my heart was beating so fast, I felt like I was running out of breath, I trembled like crazy and was sure I was going to die.

Usually the symptoms are milder than that, but the thing is that they are constant, I feel them right from the beginning of the day. My heart beats faster than normal and the beats are kinda strong(if that makes any strong?), my hands shake, my stomach gets upset, I have to urinate more often and I might get nauseous. I have actually thrown up a couple of times. The intensity of these effects change during the day and sometimes I dont feel them at all.
Theres no actual reason for my anxiety, but the symptoms get worse in social situations(school etc.) as Ive always been a very self-conscious person and worry about people judging me. Another symptom is lack of concentration, I might go through a full class at school and barely remember anything. I think the term "brain fog" describes it pretty well, it feels a bit like my thoughts were covered by a layer of fog. Being anxious nearly all the time has drained my studying motivation along with my concentration.

Could it be possible to have Generalized Anxiety Disorder and panic disorder at the same time? Like I said, the symptoms are nearly constant but sometimes develop into something that feels like a panic attack.

Anyways, Ive been thinking of telling the school nurse about my symptoms, but Im worried that she might ignore me or think I am lying. Im also not comfortable with my parents finding out about my problem, because Im worried about their reactions. Ive always been like this, I worry and stress about unlikely situations in such a huge proportion. Trying to tell myself that my worries are irrational doesnt help at all.

Last edited by Agent; March 7th, 2014 at 09:29 AM.
Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2014, 05:53 PM   #2
Tarannosaurus
Awesome Poster

Tarannosaurus's Forum Picture

Default Re: Anxiety disorder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent View Post
So, the deal is this: Ive been having some daily anxiety for a bit over a week now. Its usually something I can manage, but the symptoms can get pretty intense at times, intense enough to classify as a panic attack I guess? The worst one was last Saturday, my heart was beating so fast, I felt like I was running out of breath, I trembled like crazy and was sure I was going to die.

Usually the symptoms are milder than that, but the thing is that they are constant, I feel them right from the beginning of the day. My heart beats faster than normal and the beats are kinda strong(if that makes any strong?), my hands shake, my stomach gets upset, I have to urinate more often and I might get nauseous. I have actually thrown up a couple of times. The intensity of these effects change during the day and sometimes I dont feel them at all.
Theres no actual reason for my anxiety, but the symptoms get worse in social situations(school etc.) as Ive always been a very self-conscious person and worry about people judging me. Another symptom is lack of concentration, I might go through a full class at school and barely remember anything. I think the term "brain fog" describes it pretty well, it feels a bit like my thoughts were covered by a layer of fog. Being anxious nearly all the time has drained my studying motivation along with my concentration.

Could it be possible to have Generalized Anxiety Disorder and panic disorder at the same time? Like I said, the symptoms are nearly constant but sometimes develop into something that feels like a panic attack.

Anyways, Ive been thinking of telling the school nurse about my symptoms, but Im worried that she might ignore me or think I am lying. Im also not comfortable with my parents finding out about my problem, because Im worried about their reactions. Ive always been like this, I worry and stress about unlikely situations in such a huge proportion. Trying to tell myself that my worries are irrational doesnt help at all.
This does sound similar to me and I have a mixed anxiety and depression disorder. Of course, nothing is a substitute for professional evaluation. I think you should give the nurse a try, or if there's a guidance counsellor in your school you could talk to them.

H&A mod
If you have a question don't hesitate to PM me or email me at [email protected]
Tarannosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2014, 06:25 PM   #3
Karkat
Knight of Blood

Karkat's Forum Picture

Name: Ren Hek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarannosaurus View Post
This does sound similar to me and I have a mixed anxiety and depression disorder. Of course, nothing is a substitute for professional evaluation. I think you should give the nurse a try, or if there's a guidance counsellor in your school you could talk to them.
Absolutely agree here. Also, I've been diagnosed with both GAD and Panic Disorder (because my anxiety attacks and my panic attacks, while similar, happen for entirely different reasons and I have to use entirely different things to help myself get through them.) so yes, it is possible.

Generally, they're kinda lumped together, but it is possible to have both and like, not have them for the same reason? I don't know if that makes any sense.

Just a ghost

Nothing to see here
Karkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2014, 06:33 PM   #4
Miserabilia
Our Bipolar Friends

Miserabilia's Forum Picture

Name: dan/johnny foreigner/cheesee

Those definetly sound like anxiety panick attacks.

shout at the world because the world doesn't love you

lower yourself because you know that you have to.
Miserabilia is offline   Reply With Quote