Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room [1]

Closed Thread

Old June 3rd, 2004, 01:21 AM   #21
Firestar
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelEyez86
Well I love my privacy and whenever I'm in my room and I'm the computer or when I'm not facing my door, I look back to make sure it is closed about every 10 minutes. It annoys me sometimes because I KNOW it's closed but my brain doesn't seem to know it. grrr
I do that all the time! And I have these mirrored closet doors, which I'm constantly turning around and checking because I'm afraid something is at the window but I can't see it except in the reflection. I also have this issue with having my door open. When it's open, it has to be ALL THE WAY open, like right up against the wall, and if it's closed it has to be completely closed, I have to hear the little click. The one I do the most though is probably when I go to bed and think I left my heater on - I always have to get up and check it even if I know I did, often multiple times, but I've been controlling that a little better lately.

Check out my online diary at http://onlydespair.diaryland.com !
\"...found a box of sharp objects, what a beautiful thing\" - A Box Full of Sharp Objects by The Used
http://img75.photobucket.com/albums/..._depressed.gif
http://img75.photobucket.com/albums/...ckers/meds.gif
Old June 4th, 2004, 10:38 AM   #22
Frªñk
Member+

Frªñk's Forum Picture

I do loads of checking, once I checked a hallway for abut 20 minutes. It makes me feel like a complete freak
Old June 24th, 2004, 05:04 PM   #23
Katie

Katie's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiro Takeshi
I do loads of checking, once I checked a hallway for abut 20 minutes. It makes me feel like a complete freak
consider yourself a freak with me, cause i've done checks that last that long.

now, i am going to go check on my cat. hes meowing
Old June 28th, 2004, 07:50 AM   #24
Frªñk
Member+

Frªñk's Forum Picture

\"I couldn\'t wait \'til I got home
To pass the time in my room alone\"
Old August 21st, 2004, 08:08 PM   #25
SirRoss

It gets worse as I read more posts... i'm not a diagnosed OCD but I am almost positive I am, I check to see if someoens looking at me in my window evey few minutes, and every so often i'll look behind me when i'm in my room at the computer... I think typing this prompted me to feel someone behind me... its quite freaky because writing this and lookign at what i'm writing is making me want to look behind me.

Ok i'm stopping writing now because I'm getting freaked out, even though i know nothings behind me...

what odd is that was quite dramatic for a post....

anywho bye...

\"Cowardice asks the question - is it safe?
Vanity asks the question - is it popular?
Expediency asks the question - is it political?
But conscience asks the question - is it right?

There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither
safe, popular, or political; but because it is right.\"

--- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Old September 6th, 2004, 12:23 AM   #26
Katie

Katie's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirRoss
It gets worse as I read more posts... i'm not a diagnosed OCD but I am almost positive I am, I check to see if someoens looking at me in my window evey few minutes, and every so often i'll look behind me when i'm in my room at the computer... I think typing this prompted me to feel someone behind me... its quite freaky because writing this and lookign at what i'm writing is making me want to look behind me.

Ok i'm stopping writing now because I'm getting freaked out, even though i know nothings behind me...

what odd is that was quite dramatic for a post....

anywho bye...
sounds kinda like... paranoia? lol sorry i have no idea.. if your doing it compulsively, might be ocd.
Old September 9th, 2004, 03:17 PM   #27
SirRoss

I do have paranoia, but I have lots of O's and C's so I dunno.

\"Cowardice asks the question - is it safe?
Vanity asks the question - is it popular?
Expediency asks the question - is it political?
But conscience asks the question - is it right?

There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither
safe, popular, or political; but because it is right.\"

--- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Old September 9th, 2004, 07:24 PM   #28
RunAwayMolly
Great Poster

RunAwayMolly's Forum Picture

The paranioa is the worst part for me... always checkin doorways to see if someones coming... Im always scared when im driving on the freeway when i pass semis and othe vehicles... It also depends on who im with. If im with my family i get more easily scared, but when im with my friends im ok.

To win the respect of intelegent people and the affection of children, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch... to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is too have SUCCEEDED! - Emerson

<3 Molly Olly Oxen Free!
Old October 2nd, 2004, 01:51 PM   #29
Phelpsisbetter

Is it considered checking if I have to look behind me every 5 seconds when I'm walking outside? And is it irregular to run, or walk faster when you see a car coming up the street?
Old October 7th, 2004, 01:31 AM   #30
RunAwayMolly
Great Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelpsisbetter
Is it considered checking if I have to look behind me every 5 seconds when I'm walking outside? And is it irregular to run, or walk faster when you see a car coming up the street?
Yes I would cnsider that checking. I don't sleep in my bed anymore but I do sleep in the living room of my families house and when im trying to sleep in constantly checking the hallways to know that I am safe.

To win the respect of intelegent people and the affection of children, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch... to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is too have SUCCEEDED! - Emerson

<3 Molly Olly Oxen Free!
Old December 27th, 2004, 07:34 AM   #31
BelieveInYesterday

I've been thiniking about it for a while, but I never wanted to ask anybody. I don't know what it is... it might be ocd or just something that i do. Whenever i walk up onto a curb or something i have to walk up on my right foot, and whenever i walk off the curb i have to walk off on my left foot. If the couch cushion isn't the same length as the one next to it i get up from whereever i am and i fix it. Then after i know i fixed it i still check on it to make sure they're the same length. Is that enought to know if it's ocd? It's one of those things that you think couldn't would happen to you, but when it does, it's like...woah. My AIM is BelieveInYstrday is you want to talk.

You said I wanted attention,
You could never understand,
Spend one day in my shoes
And we’ll just see how bad you lose,
Watch myself die, as I look you in the eye
All just before you say “Good bye”,
-Paul, 15 y/o
Old December 27th, 2004, 09:59 PM   #32
RunAwayMolly
Great Poster

Everyone has their compulsions and if those are the only problems you are having then I wouldnt think you have it, but if you really think it might be I'd try to get help right away. If no one else wants to talk about it you can talk to me because I've been dealing with OCD for the past 3 years.

<3 Molly Olly Oxen Free!
Old February 21st, 2005, 06:05 PM   #33
serial-thrilla
VT Lover

i know its hard not to check but the only way that your body will be rid of ocd is by not checking, all you have to do is shut your brain off. i did it and it helped me alot.
Old June 18th, 2008, 12:22 PM   #34
itsaidan

Default Re: "checkers"

I check my room every night even in illogical spaces like my bathroom cabinets or the ceilings and then I turn around and double-check because I think maybe somebody slipped in while I was checking somewhere else. Then when I go to sleep and I'm sitting in bed I turn the light back on to make sure nobody moved while I was gone. Also when I'm in class I actually had to ask for special permission to sit near people I know because they know about the things I can't stand. Like I can only right with a pencil (sharp or mechanical) or a black ballpoint pen. I can't doodle on my papers I have a special thing for that. And you know how sometimes people write random little things on your papers I can't stand that or else I have to rip out that page and all the other pages if it's numbered. So I need to people that know what not to do. And all the desks of the row I sit in have to be straight and in groups of 3,4,5,7, or divisible by 3. Not all of the rows though, just the one I sit in. . . . Random long post
Old June 18th, 2008, 10:48 PM   #35
IAMSAM
Legendary Member

Name: Sam!

Sounds like you're wondering if you have OCD. Well, if you can control the thoughts and behaviors, if you can resist them, then you don't. If, on the other hand, you're driven to do these things and have no control over the thoughts, if they intrude into your mind without warning or provocation, and they shut you down because they are so powerful, then you might. Any family history of it?

In any event, if this stuff gets in your way, then you should tell your folks and see the doctor. Although it always sounds a but unnerving, seeing doctor allows them to assess what's going on and treat it so it's intrusion into your life and well being is minimized.
Old February 22nd, 2014, 05:55 AM   #36
Chaotic Trickster
Awesome Poster

Chaotic Trickster's Forum Picture

Default Re: Things you like about yourself

Accidental Post.

Last edited by Chaotic Trickster; February 22nd, 2014 at 05:59 AM.
Old February 22nd, 2014, 10:01 AM   #37
Elysium
Global Moderator

Elysium's Forum Picture

I'm cringing at how many times this thread was bumped, anyway.

Global Moderator
My Diary
Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse Five

PM me FAQ
[email protected]
The Goderator
~Mike was here~
*Ali*
val
~Steven~
Closed Thread