Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 8th, 2014, 12:06 AM   #1
Gumleaf
Former Whatever

Gumleaf's Forum Picture

Name: Stephen
Default Anxiety

It's Saturday afternoon, in a few hours i'm supposed to be going over to a friends place where there will be other people there. So why is this a problem? The problem is i'm terrified! I'm scared to even knock on my friends front door. I'm scared of what happens if some random person opens the door that I don't know? What will happen when I go in? Will I actually know the other people there or will it be a long night where I hide and play with my phone? The stupid part about this is that it's not a one off. This is my life, this is the screw up I am. I complain of no social life and when things come up i'm too scared and paranoid to go. My life is just one joke!

stephen

Always Hawthorn

Hawthorn Football Club

Strong As One

~Laura was here~
~Jessi should have been here~
Gumleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2014, 02:49 AM   #2
ksdnfkfr
Banned

Default Re: Anxiety

Well part of wanting a social life is being able to function socially.
It is a difficult place to be in. But it is not a failure on your part.
ksdnfkfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2014, 09:17 AM   #3
Tarannosaurus
Awesome Poster

Tarannosaurus's Forum Picture

It's okay to be like that. I'm the exact same, whenever I have to go to a friend's house or somewhere new, I'm terrified. You kind of just have to accept yourself for who you are. Everyone has something they're afraid of, but you can learn to overcome your fears. When you get to the door take a deep breath and say to yourself "Right, I'm completely terrified, but I accept that and I'm going to do it anyway". It's also alright to make your excuses and leave early, if you don't feel up to staying. You're in control of your decisions, don't feel forced to do something that you're uncomfortable with

H&A mod
If you have a question don't hesitate to PM me or email me at [email protected]
Tarannosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2014, 06:52 PM   #4
Gumleaf
Former Whatever

Gumleaf's Forum Picture

Name: Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarannosaurus View Post
It's okay to be like that. I'm the exact same, whenever I have to go to a friend's house or somewhere new, I'm terrified. You kind of just have to accept yourself for who you are. Everyone has something they're afraid of, but you can learn to overcome your fears. When you get to the door take a deep breath and say to yourself "Right, I'm completely terrified, but I accept that and I'm going to do it anyway". It's also alright to make your excuses and leave early, if you don't feel up to staying. You're in control of your decisions, don't feel forced to do something that you're uncomfortable with
Thanks. A couple of things went my way. Some people arrived at the same time I did so I could walk in with them. Also, some people I didn't that were supposed to come didn't turn up. So this time I've had a win over anxiety but sadly the root problems are still there. Thanks for your post though.

stephen

Always Hawthorn

Hawthorn Football Club

Strong As One

~Laura was here~
~Jessi should have been here~
Gumleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2014, 06:55 PM   #5
JollyToes
Banned

Name: James

The root of the problem will most likely always be there. It's just something we have to deal with and cope with. Glad everything worked out at the party.
JollyToes is offline   Reply With Quote