Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 26th, 2014, 12:58 PM   #1
Seemyheart
Great Poster

Seemyheart's Forum Picture

Name: Molly
Default help seems unrealistic

I'm having a really hard time right now, been crying all morning...mom told me yo grow up and stop being overdramatic and stop my b****ing...she doesn't get it...I WISH it was just dramatic... but it's not. I have gone 2 days without cutting and I'm so close to going back to zero.. I'm scared of myself...
I just feel like a burden to everyone...

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning how to dance in the rain"
"Grab a plate and throw it on the ground. Okay, done. Did it break? Yes. Now say sorry to it. Sorry. Did it go back to the way it was before? No. Do you understand?"
you are amazing, never forget that!
mrpieface2 is the most awesomest, bestest, person in the whole wide world!
Seemyheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2014, 01:01 PM   #2
JollyToes
Banned

Name: James
Default Re: help seems unrealistic

You know that's not true. You proved it last night. The one thing you are right abt is your mom doesn't get it but that's why we are here...cause we more than get it.
JollyToes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2014, 12:27 AM   #3
Katiya
Nice Poster

Katiya's Forum Picture

Name: Anonymous ...no really...

Hmm. When my parents accused me of that I DID pitch a fit. Sometimes it gets the point across. However that's how we all communicate at my home. Yelling, screaming, neglecting and throwing things.

Welcome to the endless cycle of bitching and never getting your point to sink in no matter how hard you try! Yep, that's my house.

~I do not try to give advice as much as I do just point out facts as I have found people like to make their own decisions in life, not be told what one is best to make~

Please excuse my typos. I'm usually on my phone and it has issues.
Katiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2014, 09:47 AM   #4
King_of_Hearts

King_of_Hearts's Forum Picture

Name: Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seemyheart View Post
I'm having a really hard time right now, been crying all morning...mom told me yo grow up and stop being overdramatic and stop my b****ing...she doesn't get it...I WISH it was just dramatic... but it's not. I have gone 2 days without cutting and I'm so close to going back to zero.. I'm scared of myself...
I just feel like a burden to everyone...
First off, you are NOT a burden. Please don't think that of yourself. It just simply is not true. I understand that feeling though. I have it more often than I would like. But it isn't the truth, but rather, depression trying to get the best of you. Secondly, you're right, your mom doesn't get it. She doesn't understand the pain you are going through. But we do, hence why we are here. We are all here to support you the best we can, so call on us if you need help . Last thing I am going to say. I get that feeling of being afraid of yourself, I truly do. But you are stronger than that. You said you made it a few days without cutting? Great! Keep going on that streak.The first two weeks without cutting are definatly the hardest. But try and keep the streak going as long as possible.
I am always avalible if you need to talk
Best of luck to you!
King_of_Hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2014, 10:00 AM   #5
Bumblebee

Name: Patrick

You are a wonderful person, and you should acknowledge that, as well as the fact that you are entirely different from your mother. I don't want to give you the whole "Your mom maybe having a bad day too" speech, because more often than not, IT ISN'T TRUE!!! So, just let it be known that you are you, and no matter how hard life may seem, you are loved by everyone you know, and putting there love in jeopardy is harmful to you too. So love yourself, and do what is right. My cousin has a cutting issue that he wanted to get rid of, and I told him that it concerns me greatly, but I didn't force upon him to not cut himself. Now, since I talked to him, he has been cut free for 46 days. If you ever feel that way again, I am always ready to listen and assist. Good Luck! And I hope that you feel better soon!
Bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2014, 01:25 PM   #6
Breakeven
Awesome Poster

Breakeven's Forum Picture

Name: viv

no one will understand your pain but you and you have a chose to help yourself and love yourself , because trust me whatever is hurting you it will get better , it might take a while but it will in the end , you can stop if you set your mind to it ,it wont be easy but you can , you will have to find something to take ur pain but without hurting yourself ,simplest thing is like music and music does help and you have alot of people here that will help you whenever your triggered
and you might fail at stopping 1 and 2 and 3 times but you gotta keep trying
darling your strong ,just have little faith and it will get better

I am not fucked up,Life is!
Breakeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2014, 04:49 PM   #7
Seemyheart
Great Poster

Seemyheart's Forum Picture

Name: Molly

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_of_Hearts View Post
First off, you are NOT a burden. Please don't think that of yourself. It just simply is not true. I understand that feeling though. I have it more often than I would like. But it isn't the truth, but rather, depression trying to get the best of you. Secondly, you're right, your mom doesn't get it. She doesn't understand the pain you are going through. But we do, hence why we are here. We are all here to support you the best we can, so call on us if you need help . Last thing I am going to say. I get that feeling of being afraid of yourself, I truly do. But you are stronger than that. You said you made it a few days without cutting? Great! Keep going on that streak.The first two weeks without cutting are definatly the hardest. But try and keep the streak going as long as possible.
I am always avalible if you need to talk
Best of luck to you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
You are a wonderful person, and you should acknowledge that, as well as the fact that you are entirely different from your mother. I don't want to give you the whole "Your mom maybe having a bad day too" speech, because more often than not, IT ISN'T TRUE!!! So, just let it be known that you are you, and no matter how hard life may seem, you are loved by everyone you know, and putting there love in jeopardy is harmful to you too. So love yourself, and do what is right. My cousin has a cutting issue that he wanted to get rid of, and I told him that it concerns me greatly, but I didn't force upon him to not cut himself. Now, since I talked to him, he has been cut free for 46 days. If you ever feel that way again, I am always ready to listen and assist. Good Luck! And I hope that you feel better soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakeven View Post
no one will understand your pain but you and you have a chose to help yourself and love yourself , because trust me whatever is hurting you it will get better , it might take a while but it will in the end , you can stop if you set your mind to it ,it wont be easy but you can , you will have to find something to take ur pain but without hurting yourself ,simplest thing is like music and music does help and you have alot of people here that will help you whenever your triggered
and you might fail at stopping 1 and 2 and 3 times but you gotta keep trying
darling your strong ,just have little faith and it will get better
Thank you all for the nice and caring posts...it means a lot.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning how to dance in the rain"
"Grab a plate and throw it on the ground. Okay, done. Did it break? Yes. Now say sorry to it. Sorry. Did it go back to the way it was before? No. Do you understand?"
you are amazing, never forget that!
mrpieface2 is the most awesomest, bestest, person in the whole wide world!
Seemyheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2014, 01:27 AM   #8
geetry

geetry's Forum Picture

Name: Lucas

First of all, hugs, because I know it's hard. I know the temptation of cutting. And I can tell you that help is not unrealistic.

I believed that help wouldn't help me. The only person I would talk to about my feelings and urges to cut was a girl named Sam. She begged me to talk to my therapist or tell my mom. She begged me to get help. I believed that help would make it worse. I began telling friends, who also begged me to get help. I honestly saw no light at the end for awhile. All I seemed to do was fight with my mom and cut. I even had a suicide date. I tried three times. Then I finally told my mom and she took me to the hospital, where I stayed for two days. I haven't cut since.

Please, don't give up on yourself. I made it my mission to save as many lives as I could. I'm here to tell you that help DOES help, even though you may not believe it. It seems scary to tell at first, but trust me. The reward of life is much better than killing yourself. You have a whole life to live. Please, try to get help. I wish you luck in whatever you end up doing.

[forgot to add this but there are suicide hotlines you can call as well. They can get you help faster than your parents can.]

lucas | fl | anything but ordinary
tumblr
geetry is offline   Reply With Quote