Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 24th, 2014, 12:21 PM   #1
etfboy
Banned

Default brain damage

is it possible to get brain damage if i always hit myself in the head? just right now i hit myself and i really bruised my hands im scared that i might be brain dead or something.when i hit myself i dont know...its how cutters feel it makes me feel good.
etfboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2014, 12:41 PM   #2
thatgothgirluknow
Great Poster

thatgothgirluknow's Forum Picture

Name: Jade/jordan
Default Re: brain damage

Yes u can do serous damage hitting urself but ud be unconscious if u did

u know u love the goth girl

do not live to survive but to thrive and secede

<font color=SlateGray><font size=5>BUTTERFLIES</font></font>
the rain comes before the rainbow
thatgothgirluknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2014, 12:54 PM   #3
etfboy
Banned

oh god what can i do to keep this from happening? do i have to go to some kind of doctor to take me some pills so my behavioral things can be changed? or have me go to a psychologist to talk me out of it? cause i cant fucking control it
Old January 25th, 2014, 08:48 PM   #4
Desuetude
---

Desuetude's Forum Picture

Name: Isaac

The term brain dead is very literally being dead in the brain. Like your heart is still beating but you're in a coma and you're not going to wake up. So that's definitely not your case but I would still think that you're doing damage to yourself, especially if you're doing it often. Do you get headaches a lot?

I would really talk to someone. A doctor or even a family member you trust, tell them what's going on and hopefully they'll be able to direct you to hel?. I know some people bang their head again a wall as a form of self harm, I mean I've done it a couple of times but not being able to control it is really dangerous. You could potentially knock yourself out. What usually happens leading up to the act? Are you angry or upset? Have you ever tried to stop?
Desuetude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2014, 01:22 AM   #5
etfboy
Banned

oh god idk whats happening whenever i bite on my left side my left part of the head hurts now.whenever im fraustrated or upset i always do this.
Old January 26th, 2014, 06:37 PM   #6
nearwales

Name: will

you have probably not done any lasting damage yet but you should try and stop, I know how hard that can be as a SH but hitting yourself in the head is very weird and dangerous thing to do. do you do it when over people are around? and dnt be afraid of getting help, people want to help and do care. Just tell them how you feel and try to be brave and honest
nearwales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2014, 06:44 PM   #7
Green Arrow
Great Poster

Green Arrow's Forum Picture

Name: Tom

You would have to hit your head seriously hard to cause brain damage... you would know believe me.

"The name, it's stupid! Why would anyone want to be named 'Green Arrow'?" - Oliver Queen (Green Arrow)
Green Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2014, 06:48 PM   #8
Feraligatr
Water Type

Feraligatr's Forum Picture

Well, you really shouldn't be hitting yourself.
Feraligatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2014, 06:54 PM   #9
Shoebox12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgothgirluknow View Post
Yes u can do serous damage hitting urself but ud be unconscious if u did
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Arrow View Post
You would have to hit your head seriously hard to cause brain damage... you would know believe me.
Not necessarily - to both answers. You don't have to be unconcious to have done serious damage. A blow to certain areas can cause blood vessels to rupture without loss of conciousness. Loss of conciousness could suggest a serious injury but no loss of conciousness does not rule it out.

To the second answer, there are weak spots on the skull and a blow to these can rupture underlying vessels which bleed and compress the brain, essentially killing parts of it.

Regardless of whether you have injured yourself or not you need to stop because you will eventually do yourself an injury. Try a less destructive method like the elastic bands people wear on their wrists for cravings.
Shoebox12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2014, 06:55 PM   #10
Shoebox12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feraligatr View Post
Well, you really shouldn't be hitting yourself.
Inspiring words of wisdom but i think we deduced that already.
Old January 26th, 2014, 06:56 PM   #11
Green Arrow
Great Poster

Green Arrow's Forum Picture

Name: Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoebox12 View Post
Not necessarily - to both answers. You don't have to be unconcious to have done serious damage. A blow to certain areas can cause blood vessels to rupture without loss of conciousness. Loss of conciousness could suggest a serious injury but no loss of conciousness does not rule it out.

To the second answer, there are weak spots on the skull and a blow to these can rupture underlying vessels which bleed and compress the brain, essentially killing parts of it.

Regardless of whether you have injured yourself or not you need to stop because you will eventually do yourself an injury. Try a less destructive method like the elastic bands people wear on their wrists for cravings.
Yes but you would have immense pain, a rapture like that.

"The name, it's stupid! Why would anyone want to be named 'Green Arrow'?" - Oliver Queen (Green Arrow)
Green Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2014, 07:00 PM   #12
Shoebox12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Arrow View Post
Yes but you would have immense pain, a rapture like that.
Once again no. The brain has very very few nerve cells therefore the brain doesn't actually feel pain. Headache may be present but it is not always. That's why people with bleeds on their brains or brain tumors may be diagnosed late. In many cases the first symptoms are neurological like blurred vision, dizziness, confusion, seizures etc.
Old January 28th, 2014, 10:05 AM   #13
Living For Love

Living For Love's Forum Picture

Name: Tiago

You should try other self harming methods if you can't stop doing it, and try to get some medical/psychiatrist advice if you can.

Tiago | ♂ | 20 | PM | VM | Ask Me | Lonely Hearts Club

Help and Advice Moderator

~Mike was here~
Living For Love is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2014, 12:34 AM   #14
Katiya
Nice Poster

Katiya's Forum Picture

Name: Anonymous ...no really...

Hitting with your hands? No. That won't hurt you. Objects? Yes this can be dangerous. Generally it takes a good deal of force for a concussion. Brain dead is basicly dead. You never wake up.

My face smashed into a dashboard at 65mph. Then cracked on the side pillar of the car. I sustained brain damage but I am still here. Yes i was unconcious for a long time. But you dont need to be unconcious to sustain a mild to moderate form if TBI. And surprisingly im not too bad considering. Our heads can take a lot of force.

Hands won't hurt if they are your own. But don't use a hammer.

~I do not try to give advice as much as I do just point out facts as I have found people like to make their own decisions in life, not be told what one is best to make~

Please excuse my typos. I'm usually on my phone and it has issues.
Katiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2014, 12:46 AM   #15
ksdnfkfr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by etfboy View Post
is it possible to get brain damage if i always hit myself in the head?
Yes, you can cause damage over time. I've known a few people with autism who have this problem and they have to wear a bicycle helmet all the time, to avoid brain injury. It's the type on brain injuries professional boxers get over time.
ksdnfkfr is offline   Reply With Quote