Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 25th, 2014, 03:48 PM   #1
thatgothgirluknow
Great Poster

thatgothgirluknow's Forum Picture

Name: Jade/jordan
Unhappy all my fault ? :(

So I told my best friend I was cutting and explained it too her and now the next thing I know shes cut for the first time and is calling me so we both promised to do this together to get better she promised not to cut again then earlier she texted me she hsf cut again and I know its all my fault I should've never told her I was a cutter I should have just kept to myself now she's spiraling down the same rode that I have I promised not to cut either and to be fair I have cut allot since then but she won't listen to me I tried to explain that it would take over her life but she didn't care and all I can think to do even at a time like this is to fucking cut I'm just so scared to loose my best friend plz someone tell me what to do cause this is all my fault

u know u love the goth girl

do not live to survive but to thrive and secede

<font color=SlateGray><font size=5>BUTTERFLIES</font></font>
the rain comes before the rainbow

Last edited by thatgothgirluknow; January 25th, 2014 at 05:11 PM.
thatgothgirluknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2014, 06:28 PM   #2
nearwales

Name: will
Default Re: all my fault ? :(

I would say that the best thing you can do is think back to when you were irst self harming and what you needed then and wanted from your friends. I often find that friends are one of the best supports for me when I want to SH and although I am still a SHer, friends are my best weapon against it. Maybe together you can find it easier to get through it. Now they have started it will be hard to stop but by being their for each other you can improviee your chances. Also, I don't imagine you were the reason she started, when someone wats to SH, it is a gradual process and something tiny can set it off
nearwales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2014, 09:48 PM   #3
thatgothgirluknow
Great Poster

She didn't want to stop and I was worried so I told her grandma and now she hates she was the only freind that ever stuck by me and now she's gone she said this is the reason every body hates you and I hope u feel like shit I tried to tell her I was just worried shed end up like me and she said she we getting better and I had just made everything worse and ruined her life we were best freinds for nine years and I just ruined everything and to make matters worse I have a doctors appointment Tuesday and I just cut up my wrist she was the only thing I had everybody else left me and I drove her away to I just wish I wasn't such a worthless idiot

Old January 27th, 2014, 12:42 PM   #4
nearwales

Name: will

you are not a worthless idiot, not because of this or anything else. It is not easy to be sensible when you are in the frame of mind your friend is probably in right now and I am sure she does not mean what she said, since you were friends for so long. be there for her when she needs you and remember that is gets better for everyone
nearwales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2014, 07:10 PM   #5
thatgothgirluknow
Great Poster

Tux she called today and said she was srry

Old January 27th, 2014, 08:18 PM   #6
Hallie

Name: Hallie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgothgirluknow View Post
So I told my best friend I was cutting and explained it too her and now the next thing I know shes cut for the first time and is calling me so we both promised to do this together to get better she promised not to cut again then earlier she texted me she hsf cut again and I know its all my fault I should've never told her I was a cutter I should have just kept to myself now she's spiraling down the same rode that I have I promised not to cut either and to be fair I have cut allot since then but she won't listen to me I tried to explain that it would take over her life but she didn't care and all I can think to do even at a time like this is to fucking cut I'm just so scared to loose my best friend plz someone tell me what to do cause this is all my fault
First of all, relax. Take a deep breath. Collect yourself. You can come up with a logical solution.
second of all, I know how you feel. I've been in a similar situation. I've recently become very close to this guy who used to cut and hadn't in a long time--something like 6 or 7 months. Anyway, I was talking about my cutting and asking for his advice and I was bitching about it a lot, and then one day he called me and said that he had just cut again, and I felt like it was all my fault. I had triggered him with my complaints and now he was self harming again. But the truth is, it probably wasn't my fault. I may have brought up old memories about it which caused it to be lurking in the back of his mind as an option when he got upset, but it wasn't my fault that he had gotten upset, and it wasn't my fault that he chose self harm. I know it's hard not to blame yourself, but your friend is probably going through something right now, and she didn't know how to cope, and self harm had become a possibility in her mind. It had become more real of an option for her. That doesn't mean that you caused it. She is the one who chose to self harm.

Good luck with your friend. Make sure she knows that you're there for her.
Hallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2014, 12:24 AM   #7
Katiya
Nice Poster

Katiya's Forum Picture

Name: Anonymous ...no really...

Telling on some one is never the way to go.

Its not your fault. If a person wants to cut they will whether or not they know you do.

Sounds like the friendship is on the mend. I'd apologize to her and just say you won't worry about it and keep it between the two if you.

~I do not try to give advice as much as I do just point out facts as I have found people like to make their own decisions in life, not be told what one is best to make~

Please excuse my typos. I'm usually on my phone and it has issues.
Katiya is offline   Reply With Quote