Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 18th, 2014, 05:52 AM   #1
Gifford
Banned

Name: Brian
Default Lithium works very well for me & others I know

I've been taking lithium for 2 years and it's very helpful. It was one of the first meds I was prescribed. Lithium has been used successfully by 100's of thousands of bipolar patients with success for decades. It's one of the most primary of meds used to treat the illness.

Everybody's body chemistry is different, and we all react differently to some meds, seroquel being one of them for instance. I read that one person had a bad experience with lithium. That reaction is only one such reaction to lithium pertaining to that particular person. They are in the minority. Work with your Dr. and tell them everything you feel and how you react to each of your meds. This is extremely critical.

I urge you all to research every one of your meds on the web and learn about them. Make a directory on your computer called "Mental Health", or "Bipolar", copy/paste the contents of your favorite document you find on each med into a Word document and save with the name of the article to your new directory so you can refer back if necessary. Your parents may find your article a good read so they know about your meds, too.

Last edited by Gifford; January 18th, 2014 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Add more text
Gifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2014, 04:08 AM   #2
Shae4556

Name: Shae
Default Re: Lithium works very well for me & others I know

Thanks for sharing ...!
Shae4556 is offline   Reply With Quote