Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old March 15th, 2013, 01:49 PM   #1
shadowgirl97

shadowgirl97's Forum Picture

Default Nightmares have come back

I have nightmares a lot about black creatures killing me in my dreams or trying to. They went away after a while, buy they started coming back. two nights in a row i had nightmares about something trying to kill me.

The first might is was just a black blob with yellow eyes strangling me, the second night, a person in a black mask was cutting my arm open with a knife, he ran off and I just stared walking around in the nighttime with a bloody arm.

I wake up in the middle of the night scared to death, I run and turn my lights on and lock my bedroom door. I'm afraid of getting off my bed because of what might grab me and drag me under my bed and hurt me.

I can't go in my closet without having a flashlight. i always feel like someone is behind me when I am walking around. I'm constantly looking over my shoulder to make sure a monster is not there.

I jump at the smallest noises. I have bad anxiety and panic attacks. I haven't told anyone about the attacks. I have to leave so nobody will find out.

I have an imaginary friend Alex that I have had since I was 6. He goes away sometimes, but he comes back. He is sometimes silent like I am. He kinda follows my moods. He talks to me but I talk back sometimes but a lot of times I know he's not real. I bought a journal and I write to him in it.

My mother is a religious women who thinks most mental illnesses have to do with being possessed by demons. My dad and siblings think I try to gain attention. I don't know what to do.
shadowgirl97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 02:03 PM   #2
Berad

Berad's Forum Picture

Name: Brad
Default Re: Nightmares have come back

I didn't read your whole post to be honest... Buuuut I have bad dreams often and can wake myself up now. I just force my eyes open. Next time you have a bad dream, just reach in and pull your eyes awake!

Down to talk to anyone, just shoot me a message if you want.

P.S. Please don't send me a friend request if you don't plan on actually talking to me..
Berad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2013, 10:19 PM   #3
Kuurachan

Kuurachan's Forum Picture

You`re lucky. Nightmares are signs you can feel fear and in some cases, have a better idea on how to react to it. All my dreams are I guess what average people would consider to be nightmares, though what makes then so scary is not violence or fear( in fact, nobody is ever hurt in them) but like a numb, dead feeling. Instead of being random, I've been to each place at least once, making them more like a world. It`s always storming, though never raining and honestly, there is no place either on Earth or in a story that is like them.
I had depression when I was 10 and my older sister, who I considered to be my only friend, had Anorexia and never listened to me. I got used to them, since they have been like this for more than about 2 years. Instead of feeling like someone is watching me, it feels more like a big cage that is completely separated from any life form. In a way, it`s almost like I`m the one who would be scaring somebody, because in my dreams I`m never scared. I never see any blood or violence, yet every place is so lonely. In a way, I suppose it`s a good thing, because whenever somebody hurts me emotionally, I simply "turn into" who I am when I dream. I actually made all my imaginary friends from places in that dream world. I you want to talk, vm me. I know how terrible nightmares are <
Kuurachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2013, 05:43 PM   #4
giofighter
Junior Member+

giofighter's Forum Picture

Name: Gio

Well,never had that kind of nightmares but i believe the only soultion is Lucy Dreaming.You'll be able to literally control your dreams/nightmares.You'll be able to fight back at first and then you could even create an army for example to protect you.You can do everything with lucy dreaming.You can find tips and tutorials in youtube
giofighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2013, 04:20 PM   #5
Exole

giofighter you mean lucid dreaming, and that's an advanced technique and i suggest not using it for solving nightmares just by reading on what it is. From what i understand, that could make the nightmares worse, since not everyone just instinctively believes they can fight what's in their dream once they're in it.
Exole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2013, 12:37 AM   #6
HomicidalNotSuicidal

Name: Jen

Kuurachan, I'm actually really interested to hear more about how you dream. Because I personally don't experience fear in my dreams, even in ones that would seem really scary; I haven't for a very long time, since I was like 5. I also have an entire world built in my dreams; I revisit locations that I'd dreamt about before, but i do different things. There's like a map in my mind of where everything is.
HomicidalNotSuicidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2013, 02:23 PM   #7
Tarannosaurus
Awesome Poster

Tarannosaurus's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowgirl97 View Post
I have nightmares a lot about black creatures killing me in my dreams or trying to. They went away after a while, buy they started coming back. two nights in a row i had nightmares about something trying to kill me.

The first might is was just a black blob with yellow eyes strangling me, the second night, a person in a black mask was cutting my arm open with a knife, he ran off and I just stared walking around in the nighttime with a bloody arm.

I wake up in the middle of the night scared to death, I run and turn my lights on and lock my bedroom door. I'm afraid of getting off my bed because of what might grab me and drag me under my bed and hurt me.

I can't go in my closet without having a flashlight. i always feel like someone is behind me when I am walking around. I'm constantly looking over my shoulder to make sure a monster is not there.

I jump at the smallest noises. I have bad anxiety and panic attacks. I haven't told anyone about the attacks. I have to leave so nobody will find out.

I have an imaginary friend Alex that I have had since I was 6. He goes away sometimes, but he comes back. He is sometimes silent like I am. He kinda follows my moods. He talks to me but I talk back sometimes but a lot of times I know he's not real. I bought a journal and I write to him in it.

My mother is a religious women who thinks most mental illnesses have to do with being possessed by demons. My dad and siblings think I try to gain attention. I don't know what to do.
That happens to me too but for the past month or so it's just been nightmares, but weird ones like being hunted and murdered by a group of sleeping toddlers in a warehouse. I don't even use my wardrobe anymore I keep clothes in a box. For the nightmares I don't know what you could do I sleep with the light on because it helps calm me down when I wake up. For the other stuff, if possible try and distract yourself. If that doesn't work try to use logical reasoning, e.g. "I have no proof that this is true". I don't know if you can make it go away completely without professional help. Try to remember that it's in your head. Take care

H&A mod
If you have a question don't hesitate to PM me or email me at [email protected]
Tarannosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2014, 11:26 PM   #8
Trevorss

Name: T

I find when I have nightmares I change my sleep pattern such as reading a book before bed or right now I switch on and off of meletonin(a sleep aid) but when I was about 10 I had lots of dreams in my house it would be pitch black and something would chase me so at first I would cuddle up in a ball and hope for it to end but then I started lucid dreaming so I could kill the thing chasing me then the dream stopped happening
Trevorss is offline   Reply With Quote