Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 14th, 2014, 02:43 AM   #1
MrVanity
Junior Member+

MrVanity's Forum Picture

Name: Ali
Default Idiot doctor took me off all medication i want to die

I saw a psych for the first time to be officially diagnosed. I'm a little lazy with my meds so when i when i was a little hyper but coherent

so he asked to see me after being off all meds for a while i agreed because i hate how slow and numb they make me so. the first to weeks were pure extacy i wrote so much and did two amazing photoshoots. but i got off holiday and the corse work is overwhelming (im a hairdresser) ive been crying all day i cant breath i feel sick i want too sleep but i cant my head is killing me.

someone please tell me what im talking about will get me back on meds cause i dont even know if i can make it to my next appt in two weeks but i need meds i admit it.

Nut-case, Deaf, Delinquent, Lesbian

Myself
MrVanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2014, 05:43 AM   #2
Gifford
Banned

Name: Brian
Default Re: Idiot doctor took me off all medication i want to die

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVanity View Post
I saw a psych for the first time to be officially diagnosed. I'm a little lazy with my meds so when i when i was a little hyper but coherent

so he asked to see me after being off all meds for a while i agreed because i hate how slow and numb they make me so. the first to weeks were pure extacy i wrote so much and did two amazing photoshoots. but i got off holiday and the corse work is overwhelming (im a hairdresser) ive been crying all day i cant breath i feel sick i want too sleep but i cant my head is killing me.

someone please tell me what im talking about will get me back on meds cause i dont even know if i can make it to my next appt in two weeks but i need meds i admit it.
I'm bipolar. Years ago I was taken off my meds and became suicidal. Had a loaded pistol in my mouth, nearly pulled the trigger. Last minute decided to call a close friend, an older guy, and he got a suicide prevention lady on the conference call and she got me to promise to call my Dr. who sent me to the ER. I was admitted to the psych ward for nearly a week. Upon release another older friend, a Dr., referred me to a shrink he knew who put me on several meds which straightened me out in a hurry. A few years later I'm on most of the same meds and I'm real serious about taking them every day at the time I'm supposed to. I carry a small pill case in my pocket.

Meds are not to be fooled with. If you're prescribed you DO NOT FOR ANY REASON skip doses or days. I'm dead serious. I know 3 friends who killed themselves because they thought they were OK, didn't need their meds, stopped taking them, and ended up dead. I shit you not.

You must see your psych immediately, place an urgent call to him/her and tell them everything about how you're feeling. If you've even once thought of suicide, tell them! They must put you back on them. Or else, get another Dr. In the meantime your primary care Dr. can prescribe for you in the short term 'til you can see a new shrink.

Please take heed. Mental illness is a chemical imbalance in the brain. It's a delicate balance, and the meds correct that imbalance. They'll keep you alive. Bipolar is serious.
Gifford is offline   Reply With Quote