Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old October 3rd, 2011, 12:47 AM   #1
ZzKingz
Member++

ZzKingz's Forum Picture

Exclamation Fuck it. I can't do it!

I've spent all night desperately working on my AP Chem homework, which is due tomorrow. I DON'T GET IT. I've been texting my friend for help but he went to bed a while ago. Now I'm officially helpless. I'm going to BOMB the test tomorrow because I don't fucking know what I'm doing. This sucks. I requested an time extension for my homework, but my teacher hasn't responded. So I have to assume it's all due tomorrow. It's 11:28 PM and I'm only 30% done with my homework. I broke down 30 minutes ago and I've been crying ever since then. My lab write up was due on WEDNESDAY (It's sunday now) and I haven't even finished it yet. I don't want to fail the AP exam, because then I'll have stressed for nothing.

That's just chemistry. I'm a full chapter behind in AP US History. Everybody else will be taking the chapter 14 reading quiz tomorrow and I haven't even started. I've been falling behind since the start of the semester, and I'll tell you, it is HUMILIATING to go into that class EVERY FUCKING DAY and not know what everyone's talking about because I haven't done the reading. Everyone else is on top of the material, and when the teacher calls on me to talk about the chapter, I don't know what to say.

And that's only two of my classes (combined they take all afternoon as far as homework goes). I never find time to do any of my spanish or algebra homework. Sometimes I'll get my Honors English done.

I feel like the only one who can't handle this. This one kid in my APUSH class has straight A's and is on top of ALL THREE of his AP classes. I'm only in two and I'm breaking down. He obviously doesn't have ADHD. I don't have nobody to relate to and I feel like I'm being a baby about this and that I just need to man up and do it.

I feel helpless and lost and desperate and lonely. I feel like I'm just a tag-along and that I don't really have any friends and they'd all rather hang out with other people than me. Like if I were to disappear, everybody would just adapt to my absence and get along with their lives.

I feel like a stupid person. I can't figure anything out for myself and I always need a friend to help me do my homework. I feel like it doesn't ever get any better, like from this point forward life is nothing but shit and stress. I've wasted my good years. Now it's going to suck and that's just the way it is.

I need a break. I need a reset button. I wish I could go back in time and not sign up for AP US History. It was a bad choice. All my grades are suffering as a result. It's fucking up my future. I want out but there's nothing I can do.
ZzKingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2011, 12:29 AM   #2
Funkapotamus

Funkapotamus's Forum Picture

Name: Gelo
Default Re: Fuck it. I can't do it!

Dude just stick to it as best as you can and put aside as much time as you possible can for your work and eventually the dedication and determination will most definitely pay off. It always does.

Its rough that you feel that way about your relationship with your friends and I know exactly where you're coming from because I have been there myself and it has taken m a long time to recover from the same scenario, and yet there's still work I have to do.

This is my take on what is happening.

You're not a tag-along, just absent minded due to the stress you're facing. Ask to get a tutor to help with your work and studying, thats what helped me through my tough terms. The good friends worth keeping are the ones with unconditional love and support and will be there with you all the way no matter how long and arduous journey may be. True friends are the ones who will put the good times on hold for someone who is going through the bad times. So never for one second think they are wasting their tim on you. They need you as much as you need them.

By the sounds of your subjects you don't sound dumb at all, I bet you're pretty bright.
Funkapotamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2011, 07:00 PM   #3
Dimitri
----ΣΑΕ----

Dimitri's Forum Picture

Name: Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZzKingz View Post
He obviously doesn't have ADHD.
I am sorry but I have to take a slight offence to that, I graduated this past school year, number two in my class of 265 and I took nothing but AP Classes for the last two years. I have ADHD, I was diagnoised when I was about 9, I have been on some very strong medications for it.

Here are the things I have done in the past to help me and possibly these tricks might help you:
  • I draw, I draw everything, I sit at home and draw on a dry-erase board, that's how I passed all of my AP Sciences
  • I made games, I tried to make games out of everything
  • I tried applying the things that I learned in class into my everyday life
  • I use a planner, I love my planner. I am very maticulous about putting things in my planner, I check it constantly for projects and papers.
  • Don't spend hours on one subject, vary the time you spend on each of them. If you get tied of doing one thing that means your brain is tired of it also, you need to stimulate your brain by doing something else, then when you are tired of that something else go back and work on the thing you were on before.
Talk to your guidance counselor about your problems, they can help you with this. Ask your parents. Find how you learn best and use it to your advantage.

P.S~For chemistry I found that by drawing the chemical equations on a big dry-erase board I could understand them a lot better.

If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail or send me a VM me. I am always on.

The information provided by myself is not a substitute for that of a LICENSED PHYSICIAN.
----
Quote:
“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
Quote:
“Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.”
Dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2013, 01:08 AM   #4
ZzKingz
Member++

ZzKingz's Forum Picture

It's interesting to look at this two years after pulling through with a 3.4 GPA that year and getting a 4 on the APUSH exam, nearly failing AP Chem, and getting a 3 on the exam. This is scary. I actually considered killing myself over those two classes...
ZzKingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2013, 01:30 AM   #5
PinkFloyd
Steve Jobs' Bitch

PinkFloyd's Forum Picture

Name: Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZzKingz View Post
It's interesting to look at this two years after pulling through with a 3.4 GPA that year and getting a 4 on the APUSH exam, nearly failing AP Chem, and getting a 3 on the exam. This is scary. I actually considered killing myself over those two classes...
I'm happy you're doing better now, man.

"My mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping." — Fred Rogers
PinkFloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2013, 01:42 AM   #6
mww113

mww113's Forum Picture

Name: Matt

High school can be crazy stressful at times, but take it from someone who has graduated and is now in college: You're going to be okay. I know how you feel. I know that you think it's a huge deal and you're probably freaking out. But at the end of the day, it's not going to matter. You are still going to have a happy and successful life regardless of the outcome of one class. So relax. Calm down. And try to do your work as best as you can.
mww113 is offline   Reply With Quote