Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 3rd, 2013, 11:53 PM   #1
Mojofilter

Mojofilter's Forum Picture

Name: Joe
Default OCD coming and going

I've had OCD even before I knew what a mental disorder was. My parents used to make me go to sunday school and catholic church when I was like 7, and I believed in god and hell back then. I thought just thinking of a curse word was a sin so I had to conciously try to not think about words, which was awful.

Also my dad told me that thinking or saying the N word is the worst sin. So I had to block that out too. Even years later it just repeated over and over in my mind, like an audio loop.

My OCD went away for the most part for the next few years, or atleast lessened, but I started focusing on my breathing and I was aware of it, and I constantly felt the urge to yawn or take a deep breath, but I couldn't. It felt like I was suffocating. I think it's called "Pure O". That lasted for like 2 months, worst 2 months of my life.

Since that incident, which was like 9 months ago, my OCD is almost completely gone, except for a need to fiddle with computer wires and power strips and stuff to make sure everything is plugged in all the way...

So, has anyone else had their OCD wax and wane from time to time? Or does the severity always stay the same?

Mojofilter is offline   Reply With Quote