Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room [4]

Notices

Old July 28th, 2013, 02:16 AM   #1
Vocabulous
Nice Poster

Vocabulous's Forum Picture

Default lack of empathy

i don't really care for other people. except for a select few, i feel like if anything happened to them, i wouldn't care. its happened in the past when my grandmother died, i cared more about failing an upcoming test at school then i did about losing her forever. same with pets, or friends. i would problably not care if my dog, who ive had for years and ive grown up with, died tomorrow, but i would become depressed and full of anxiety if i answered a question wrong in front of class. i know there is something wrong with me, but how bad is it?
Vocabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2013, 08:15 AM   #2
Harley Quinn
Puddin'

Harley Quinn's Forum Picture

Name: Siobhan
Default Re: lack of empathy

I'm the same way. Unless I care about you, I don't have any sympathy whatsoever. It's not really a bad thing unless it interferes with any daily activity or occurrence. I don't cry at death, I laugh and things like that. Either way, it's a coping mechanism and if it really does effect you I'd go and get it evaluated.

Be not afraid of greatness; some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

[Emerald Dream] if I had a 30 minute orgasm, I would probably need to sleep for a week

~Stevennn

*Ali*
Harley Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2013, 08:59 AM   #3
Feraligatr
Water Type

Feraligatr's Forum Picture

I care more about animals than actual people. Usually, I wouldn't care for any human being unless it was one of the few people I'm closest to. It's not really something to be worried about, in my honest opinion. Actually, I care about people more than it seems. I feel bad inside, but sometimes I'm not the one to show it. There's nothing wrong with you. Don't worry. I'm sure there are others who feel the same way. Heck, I do...
Feraligatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2013, 08:32 PM   #4
The Outlier

Name: Carl

That, my dear friend, sounds like Sociopathy. Check out Sociopath World. (website)
The Outlier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2013, 08:47 AM   #5
pashathedrummer94

Name: Jared

I am the same way but the ones i do care about i can't show i do. I constantly care more about an object more than a person, but there is one person who i would die without, i just cant convey the emotions.
pashathedrummer94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2013, 08:53 AM   #6
MstarhHaven

MstarhHaven's Forum Picture

Name: Montel

I'm the same as well... Except for the fact that I feel empathy for animals.... I'm all like "SCREW YOU PEOPLE... MWAHAHAHA!" - But then I'm like... "Awww~~ I'm so sorry for treading on you Snail~~" - lots of people either call me a psychopath... Which I don't think is true... but I kinda failed an online test (which probably isn't true) and got 4.2/5... meaning I'm likely to be a psychopath...=.= -- Or people just think I'm like that because I'm an aquarius. >> Even so there is nothing wrong with you... It's not as if you should feel sorry for people, If anything it's a good thing -- Well I think of it like that...

Male||UK||15||Bisexual
MstarhHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2013, 09:00 AM   #7
ksdnfkfr
Banned

I am this same exact way too. For me it is a part of my autism. Lack of empathy is a classic trait. This does not mean that there is anything wrong with me, it is simply the way I am wired. And I think it is possible for non-autistic people to be wired this way too. The thing to recognize is that you are aware that you lack empathy and you feel that something is missing because of this. If you were something bad like a sociopath, you would not care that you lack empathy.
ksdnfkfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2013, 05:06 AM   #8
TinaTwilight

But when participants imagined pain to others, these regions failed to become active in high psychopaths.
TinaTwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2013, 02:57 PM   #9
Morg
Junior Member+

Morg's Forum Picture

Name: Morgan

I can relate to not feeling anything when losing your grandmother, I lost both of mine a couple of months apart and didn't feel upset at all.
Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2013, 12:01 AM   #10
Katiya
Nice Poster

Katiya's Forum Picture

Name: Anonymous ...no really...

Eh, I care but not like people say I should. I wouldn't thrown my self in front of a buss to save someone or a child. I don't like children at all. I don't want any EVER! And I want nothing to do with them. To me small children seam like an unintelegent animal. I just don't feel anything for them. I wouldn't hurt anyone ever or hurt someone's kid but I'mnot going to scarifise my self for them or put my self in harms way. Not my problem. No one cAres about me so why the hell should I care so much about them?

I do care for nice people that I have met. But strangers? Nooo, sure I may feel their situation unfortunate but I don't know them, for all I know they could be a shitty ass person like most people. So I'm like that about kids and strangers, I really don't care if they die. I recognize my people will feel this way about me and that I may die and no one will care but wtf i dont care that they dont care that i die. I know i will likely die sooner than id like. Why bother when no one has ever helped me? I'm not violent and I would never hurt anyone so there is nothing wrong with me.

I care most about my horse and my animals and imidiate family and friends. I would be hurt if anything happened to those I actually know well.

I think there is something wrong with a person who constantly worries about the plight of otherpeople. TThat's unhealthy amount of stress. Actually you will find 99% of people are not as caring as they make them selves out to be. They are back stabbers and just pretend to be nice for good image. My image was taken from me years ago so I don't give a rats ass anymore about what people think. I don'twant friends based on a false pretense.

And I never expect anyone to feel for me either if they dont know me. I can not judge someone for being the same as I.

~I do not try to give advice as much as I do just point out facts as I have found people like to make their own decisions in life, not be told what one is best to make~

Please excuse my typos. I'm usually on my phone and it has issues.
Katiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2013, 01:05 AM   #11
Amazerful
Nice Poster

Amazerful's Forum Picture

Name: Kiara

I do the exact same thing but at this point I'm beyond caring about it anymore, I'm just assuming it will make life easier

I'm weird but you eventually get used to me

18|Bi Curious|USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirman View Post
My whole life is an ugly day, but I work that shit.

#imalrightlooking
Amazerful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2013, 01:17 AM   #12
ksdnfkfr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Outlier View Post
That, my dear friend, sounds like Sociopathy. Check out Sociopath World. (website)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwilight View Post
But when participants imagined pain to others, these regions failed to become active in high psychopaths.
I think you kids need to refrain from tossing out diagnostic terms like these.
Even someone who actually has a degree in behavioral sciences would not be so rash to do so.
ksdnfkfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2013, 02:41 AM   #13
Katiya
Nice Poster

Katiya's Forum Picture

Name: Anonymous ...no really...

I guess I care more than I think. I have just read something tonight that some one posted and what people have done to them just makes me so angry, it hurts me to know someone else if feeling what I have to feel everyday. Because I understand it. I suppose I can not feel for what I don't understand. And being told Evey day that I'm a heartless bitch that completely lacks empathy has gotten to me over the years. I seriously doubt I would feel what I do for this person if I lacked empathy.

I do however lack empathy for shity people. I would feel much relief if certain people died.

No one here is a sociopath or a psychopath. These people like to hurt others. I don't think any of us here are like that. I know I'm not evil like that.

~I do not try to give advice as much as I do just point out facts as I have found people like to make their own decisions in life, not be told what one is best to make~

Please excuse my typos. I'm usually on my phone and it has issues.
Katiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2013, 06:44 AM   #14
CabbageMedul
Junior Member+

CabbageMedul's Forum Picture

I blame society, and the system.

Either way, I seem to suffer from this too. I care more about animals though.
Yet at the same time, I want to help everyone. It's so confusing.
CabbageMedul is offline   Reply With Quote