Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old November 26th, 2013, 03:56 AM   #1
Venom.

Default 3(4?) year auto phobia update

I'm 18 now, in my previous thread I was 14. I overcame autophobia at 16, and it's nothing but a distant memory now thankfully.

When I was 7 I had a traumatic experience when I was home alone, it's nothing serious like rape or anything like that though. I wrote about it in my previous thread..which is pretty funny to read:
http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=65828

So, yeah, my autophobia was pretty bad. The way I overcame it? Well, I became an atheist in my late 16s thanks to the internet. It took time and mental healing, and some days I still have small anxiety about things like ghosts, but it's very rare for this to happen and it doesn't affect my life anymore at all. I can actually lay in my bed in complete darkness and sleep now, it's liberating. When I had autophobia my heart would be beating out of anxiety while I was trying to sleep. Every noise I heard scared me immensely and the lights were always on. I prayed hard every night and read the bible to ask my god to please help me. It was mental torture to try to sleep, and sometimes I heard or saw things. Of course now I know all this was just paranoia and my scumbag brain making delusions, but at the time they were real to me.

I know nobody really cares, but heck I wanted to make an update and maybe talk to others who also have this problem. I doubt anybody here does though.
Venom. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2013, 01:46 PM   #2
Camazotz
Seor Waddles

Camazotz's Forum Picture

Name: Matt
Default Re: 3(4?) year auto phobia update

I'm glad that you're feeling a lot better! It must suck to have paranoia, but it's good to know that you were able to overcome it. Hopefully your story can serve as possible advice to people who have a similar problem.

Ѐņ ߀خ Ί∩خ
~Laura was here~
Camazotz is offline   Reply With Quote