Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old October 29th, 2013, 09:56 PM   #1
Hallie

Name: Hallie
Exclamation is this emotional abuse?

I'm not really sure where to start. Well, my whole life, my parents have never been totally happy with me (unless I win a competition having to do with music, which happens a lot. Then they parade me around like a trophy child until we get home). I'm never good enough for them. They both think I'm stupid and lazy and they don't hesitate to say so. My mom told me that she thinks that I'll get raped because I'm so careless. My dad loves to tell me that I'll never get into college and that I'll never amount to anything. No matter how hard I try, he always thinks I'm being lazy when I come home with a bad grade. I have a 3.0 GPA right now (about a B average), which isn't the best I could have, but I really am trying my hardest. It just really hurts that when I try my hardest he just wants more. He always seems to be disappointed in me. Just this weekend, he told me that he's starting to notice that I'm gaining weight. He said he can see it in my butt and in my stomach that I'm eating too much, but I hadn't considered it until he brought it up. I already have low self-esteem and hearing him say that really made me upset. I just can't deal with this on top of everything else. I already feel pressured to succeed, but this is just too much. I just feel like all of my self worth is my grades. At least to them it is, and that makes me really frustrated.
Hallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2013, 10:09 PM   #2
Katiya
Nice Poster

Katiya's Forum Picture

Name: Anonymous ...no really...
Default Re: is this emotional abuse?

Yeah it is. Have you tryed telling them that? My dad complained about me being fat, I wasn't, so I stopped eating for over a week and said I wouldn't eat again unless he apologized. Well he finally said I wasn't fat so I said OK and of course I was hungry so I started eating normal again. A few months later he calls me anarexic and I'm not. But I'm not going to binge to prove it.

So just ignore it if they won't stop I guess. Its all we can do.

~I do not try to give advice as much as I do just point out facts as I have found people like to make their own decisions in life, not be told what one is best to make~

Please excuse my typos. I'm usually on my phone and it has issues.
Katiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2013, 10:23 PM   #3
skittles_was_here
Banned

Name: skittles

yes it is, you should talk to someone about it...maybe a counselor??
skittles_was_here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2013, 10:03 PM   #4
johndoe1112
Member++

johndoe1112's Forum Picture

Name: john

tell your parents off because if they treat you like that there not very good people have your parents even went to collage and are they much better then you because i just feel like they want you to be better then they where in school there trying to make you prove them wrong or there just assholes
johndoe1112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2013, 03:11 AM   #5
Twilly F. Sniper
Awesome Poster

Twilly F. Sniper's Forum Picture

Name: Rick "Twilight Sparkle" Mundy

Yes it is. A lot of things said earlier fit for what to do. I would try to solve the problem (unfortunately makes it worse for some, not going to integrate my own personal mental abuse to show that)
If that doesn't work, try to ignore it as much as possible. If you can't, talk to a counselor about it.

"Nothing personal mate, I'm just better."- Rick Mundy
"...My little ponies, you opened up my eyes!..."- Twilight Sparkle
My Little Forum: Everything is Magic.
I'd love it if my my mates visited MY forum...
Twilly F. Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2013, 12:04 PM   #6
Dark Unicorn
Member+

Dark Unicorn's Forum Picture

Name: Chiedza

It sounds like it.I hope it gets better though.

Check out my blog by typing "grungeverse" into your search engine.(sorry had to delete the link because this site showed up on my blog and I'd rather keep thar private!)
Dark Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote