Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old July 5th, 2013, 12:31 AM   #1
handle with care

handle with care's Forum Picture

Name: andrew
Default we're not broken we're just different

i always seem to find people who say adhd is a disease a plague of some sort and that it makes children monsters but they're wrong in my eyes adhd doesn't make children dumb or evil but it just makes us different. we're not programmed the same way as everyone else. we learn differently. we tend to do things that other people would not want to do because most people want a repetitive job that they can always know what to do because nothing changes while we don't like repetitive things. instead of schools treating us like we don't belong, or parents drugging us to contain our energy and force us to pay attention. they could easily use our energy and inattentiveness to every ones advantage by teaching through activities that involve moving and using eye catching colors to keep us attentive without yelling and punishing us and by us being occupied while we learn the teachers won't have to discipline us as much saving them class time and we won't have to worry about not being able to pay attention. they could use the inattentiveness to keep us distracted from other things by making sure the lesson itself would be distracting to us if we were in the middle of a conversation or not paying attention in general. if you thing i missed any details feel free to add on if you disagree feel free to say so.
handle with care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2013, 01:04 AM   #2
APhkinPanda
Junior Member+

APhkinPanda's Forum Picture

Great post, I agree with this.

I have been through depression, cutting, abuse, relationships, and more. So Its possible I could of gone through what your dealing with right now. So if you want you can message me. I'll do my best, and ill offer you my friendship.

Like seriously who doesn't want to friend a panda
APhkinPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2013, 08:33 AM   #3
Hullo I'm Sara
Junior Member+

Hullo I'm Sara's Forum Picture

Name: Sara
Default Re: we're not broken we're just different

The old ADHD med I took made me go down to 50 pounds as an 11 year old girl, and than later it plus natural hormones of being a teenager and just people being stupid and making fun of me made me suicidal and deppressed and got me kicked out of my boarding school and I was always getting in trouble for things I didn't have any control over so I get you.

Hi! Always somewhere on the great world of the internet, so find me on skype if you want anything. Bye.
Hullo I'm Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2013, 08:45 AM   #4
ASMRCHICK96
Banned

Name: natalia

I was misdiagnosed my whole life
they thought i had adhd.but later tested me again and found out i had fasd
ASMRCHICK96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2013, 03:48 PM   #5
NUGGETMAN1
Junior Member+

Name: James

I never thought anyone was "broken". I have multiple friends with mental illlnesses. I think it makes no difference. In fact, I find them to be nicer.I have friends with ADHD, ADD, and one who is emo in the sense that she cant feel pain.
NUGGETMAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2013, 02:20 PM   #6
JoobinTwist

It's annoying how sheepish and gullible everyone is. Most ppl are misdiagnosed, do you really believe most of the kids in America have adhd? Look at the statistics it's stupid most ppl who have been diagnosed with it don't have it. Question your self and think if you really have it or not.
JoobinTwist is offline   Reply With Quote