Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old September 23rd, 2013, 01:01 AM   #1
Machinegun

Machinegun's Forum Picture

Name: MGK
Default life is hard

I'm 22 and I'm depressed I feel like I'm stuck in my life (college,relationships)
I'm straight maybe a Little bisexual ,I like to watch movies where there are gay characters,that's weird, I feel guilty
Also I don't really like the gay guys that I know
i want my parents to be proud of me :[
And I feel like I don't have anybody to talk about it
Machinegun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2013, 12:01 PM   #2
Mynick
Awesome Poster

Mynick's Forum Picture

Name: Eduardo
Default Re: life is hard

Yeah life is really hard. You shouldn't feel guilty because you are bisexual or because you like to watch films with gay characters. If you like that accept it, there's nothing wrong.
Your parents aren't proud of you because you may be bi? Talk with them, explain them that's what you are.

We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?
Mynick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2013, 04:20 PM   #3
kylem1229
VT Lover

kylem1229's Forum Picture

Name: Kyle

Have to agree with Eduardo, dont feel guilty about being bisexual. It will bring hardships, but if you want to be bisexual, then be it. And I agree with the parents, it might just be because you are bi. Do what Eduardo says, talk to them about it. See why they dont like it. And if its not because you are bi, ask why they are upset with you.

kylem1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2013, 04:28 PM   #4
Machinegun

Machinegun's Forum Picture

Name: MGK

Thanks for the suport
Machinegun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2013, 06:44 PM   #5
Conqueror of Hearts
Member+

Conqueror of Hearts's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinegun View Post
I'm 22 and I'm depressed I feel like I'm stuck in my life (college,relationships)
I'm straight maybe a Little bisexual ,I like to watch movies where there are gay characters,that's weird, I feel guilty
Also I don't really like the gay guys that I know
i want my parents to be proud of me :[
And I feel like I don't have anybody to talk about it
I hear you...being stuck in a stage of your life is really hard. I guess that once you are done with college this will get interesting.
If you are stuck in a relationship, I would suggest breaking up. As hard as it can be sometimes it is the best thing to do (for yourself and that other person).

If you want to bring in a slight change to your life star with a hobby. Find something that you're,interested in and get involved.

As for being a bi or not...well, just because you like movies with gay characters doesn't mean you are bi. I wouldn't worry about that much if there isn't a real affection towards men.
If you feel like talking about that maybe it would be easier to talk with someone you don't know. (Find someone here who is in the same/similar situation....talkung about that with close friends and parents can be really stressfull so don't push yourself too much if you don't feel like talking about that with them.

I bet your parents are already proud of you....as most parents are. Even if they don't say much, having a college kid is always sth that makes a parent proud.

Try to enjoy life, spend more time with your friends, let go of things/ppl that bring you down and be yourself.

"Forgive yourself for the decisions you have made,
the ones you still call mistakes when you tuck them in at night.
And know this:
Know you are the type of woman who is searching for a place to call yours.
You have always been the place.
You are a woman who can build it yourself.
You were born to build
."

-Sarah Kay
Conqueror of Hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2013, 07:20 PM   #6
Vince

Vince's Forum Picture

Name: Vince

In regards to your sexuality, there is nothing to feel bad about. It's the 21st century, it is pretty socially acceptable to be gay or bisexual. Anyone who tells you otherwise isn't worth your time. If your parents feel that way, though, they will likely be more understanding, even if they oppose. Explain to them that it isn't exactly a choice, it's something you're born with, something you cannot change, something you didn't choose, and to be feel resentment for something someone was given at birth would be absurd in this day and age.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote