Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old September 22nd, 2013, 12:01 AM   #1
Extreme586
Member+

Extreme586's Forum Picture

Default What would happen?

If I went into a good counselor at my school and told her that I was depressed and needed help? I figure she would give me some good places to start like therapy wise or even doctor wise.

But the thing is I feel like if I just go on a pill or something, I would feel void and it wouldn't work considering the problems that made me depressed will still exist. I don't want to suddenly feel null and void of everything that made me feel alive, regardless of whether it was bad and tearing me apart. Advice?

“Success is falling nine times and getting up ten.”
“Don't get too comfortable with who you are at any given time - you may miss the opportunity to become who you want to be.”

-Jon Bon Jovi
Extreme586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2013, 12:45 AM   #2
Syvelocin
Ocean Soul

Syvelocin's Forum Picture

Name: Rith
Default Re: What would happen?

Then don't get meds if you don't want them.

I've been unmedicated for three years and I'm fine. It's rougher in the beginning, but it's very nice to be able to cope by myself without being dependent on anti-depressants and mood stabilizers. Personally, I find medication immoral because the psychiatric industry is just really fucked nowadays. I recommend medication as a last resort for symptoms that hinder daily functioning, but never in place of other treatments. I wrote a paper on how corrupt the business is nowadays. But long story short, I tried... seven anti-depressants and I hated how I felt on all of them. Still depressed, but like I drank two venti frappuccinos that morning.

Just simply get a therapist or psychologist. Only doctors and psychiatrists prescribe medications so you can't even be convinced into anything.

And I'm sorry I didn't build your walls. And I'm sorry I had to go and fall.
And I'm sorry I had the whole thing wrong. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
And I'm sorry that you are feeling small. And I'm sorry that I'm not used to crawling.
And I'm sorry the writing's on the wall. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
Syvelocin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2013, 04:39 AM   #3
1_21Guns
Val's bitch. ;)

1_21Guns's Forum Picture

Name: Natalie
Default Re: What would happen?

As far as I know they'll try every route apart from meds because they can be somewhat.. hit and miss in adolescents. When I went to the doctors I was told I'd be sent for therapy first and if I really had to go on meds I would as at this age they can still make the low moods lower and such. If you don't want meds they can't made you take them

1_21Guns is offline   Reply With Quote