Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old September 15th, 2013, 02:53 PM   #1
1_21Guns
Val's bitch. ;)

1_21Guns's Forum Picture

Name: Natalie
Unhappy Anxiety? I guess it goes here.

I started college fully last week, there is one girl I know from my previous course on this course, another boy who is one my boyfriends friends. I'm also partially talking to another girl on the course but apart from that I don't know anyone else. I feel like I'm struggling quite badly with anxiety, worse than I ever have before.
After being in for two days last week I suddenly fell quite ill as far to throw up after I had been awake around 20 minutes, 10 of which I spent curled up in a ball hoping I wouldn't be sick and another 10 trying to eat something which came more or less straight back up. After a couple of days off I began to feel better (I fortunately have Fridays off anyway) but as it looms further towards tomorrow when I'll be going in again I'm starting to feel sick and weak, I'm shaking a lot and occasionally practically convince myself I have a serious and fatal illness for a while until I shake the feeling off my mind by distracting myself. My left leg keeps feeling somewhat numb (but I can still move it) and I get headaches that feel more like dull aches however I have had shooting pains twice over the last 4 months or so.
I feel like something bad is going to happen almost constantly and I have no idea why. I'm not even sure why going back to college is making me feel this way, it's not even a new place just new people for a year but I'm beginning to wonder if my illness is in fact anxiety related. I've always had the odd rough patch with feeling very anxious, but never this bad. I don't know if after everything that's happened over the last few years I just don't know how to cope any more or what. I can't get to the doctors until Friday and that's only if I manage to push myself to go and I can't take any more days off if I get like this again because I've missed too much already. I don't know what to do. Cutting is looking more and more like a way to cope but I know it's not, I'm smoking more after I'd practically cut down to next to nothing because I just don't know how to deal with this. The more I think about it the stronger the dull ache in my head gets. What am I to do? I don't know any more.

1_21Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2013, 03:19 PM   #2
Mynick
Awesome Poster

Mynick's Forum Picture

Name: Eduardo
Default Re: Anxiety? I guess it goes here.

I searched a bit and it seems anxiety can cause numbness. When we have an anxiety attack/ or have hight anxiety, blood seems to flow to the areas that would need it the most in a danger situation. When we get in the fight or flight mode. It may take the blood from parts of our body that aren't so important.
Nausea and illness also seem to be realted to anxiety. From what i read nausea is caused because during an anxiety attack our body releases a lot of adrenaline. Anxiety can also afect our hormones.
So suposely if the level of anxiety decreases you should feel better.
Meeting new people is scary i know that but i guess you could avoid them if you wish. We need to find what makes yourl anxiety levels increase and work on that.

We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?
Mynick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2013, 03:26 PM   #3
1_21Guns
Val's bitch. ;)

1_21Guns's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynick View Post
I searched a bit and it seems anxiety can cause numbness. When we have an anxiety attack/ or have hight anxiety, blood seems to flow to the areas that would need it the most in a danger situation. When we get in the fight or flight mode. It may take the blood from parts of our body that aren't so important.
Nausea and illness also seem to be realted to anxiety. From what i read nausea is caused because during an anxiety attack our body releases a lot of adrenaline. Anxiety can also afect our hormones.
So suposely if the level of anxiety decreases you should feel better.
Meeting new people is scary i know that but i guess you could avoid them if you wish. We need to find what makes yourl anxiety levels increase and work on that.
I honestly which I knew what was sending my anxiety through the roof, I've never been this bad before but I suppose the fact I don't know what's doing it is causing me to feel more frustrated and tense than I was to begin with :/

Old September 15th, 2013, 03:28 PM   #4
Mynick
Awesome Poster

Mynick's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_21Guns View Post
I honestly which I knew what was sending my anxiety through the roof, I've never been this bad before but I suppose the fact I don't know what's doing it is causing me to feel more frustrated and tense than I was to begin with :/
Its a lot worst when we dont know what is hurting us. Maybe all the little things started piling up?

Old September 15th, 2013, 03:33 PM   #5
1_21Guns
Val's bitch. ;)

1_21Guns's Forum Picture

Quote:
Its a lot worst when we dont know what is hurting us. Maybe all the little things started piling up?
I suppose so, I spent most of my life wanting to know what I didn't, and when I found out I wished I never had, and yet here I am again wanting to know something before it drives me crazy. I don't want to go back to how I was 2 years ago, I don't think I could make it out alive again but something's just pushing me down and I don't know what it is

Old September 15th, 2013, 03:42 PM   #6
Mynick
Awesome Poster

Mynick's Forum Picture

Quote:
I suppose so, I spent most of my life wanting to know what I didn't, and when I found out I wished I never had, and yet here I am again wanting to know something before it drives me crazy. I don't want to go back to how I was 2 years ago, I don't think I could make it out alive again but something's just pushing me down and I don't know what it is
The possibilities, they kill us. All we could be, all we should be, all we should never done. That's enough the bring everyone to their feet.
In this situation its better to know, we can only fight what we understand right?
Nat you are really truly amazing, if you dont want to be what you used to be, dont. You can fight it, you are a lot stronger. If life were the mid lane you would be Lux, strong and beautifull. Can even make a joke, hope you smiled though.

Old September 15th, 2013, 03:44 PM   #7
1_21Guns
Val's bitch. ;)

1_21Guns's Forum Picture

Quote:
The possibilities, they kill us. All we could be, all we should be, all we should never done. That's enough the bring everyone to their feet.
In this situation its better to know, we can only fight what we understand right?
Nat you are really truly amazing, if you dont want to be what you used to be, dont. You can fight it, you are a lot stronger. If life were the mid lane you would be Lux, strong and beautifull. Can even make a joke, hope you smiled though.
Yeah I laughed, thank you so much

Old September 15th, 2013, 03:50 PM   #8
Mynick
Awesome Poster

Mynick's Forum Picture

Quote:
Yeah I laughed, thank you so much
Keep fighting and try to find out what's bothering you You can do it. I belive in you