Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old August 15th, 2013, 12:00 AM   #1
Stronger
Justice

Stronger's Forum Picture

Name: Brandon
Default OCD over People?

I just want to begin to say, if this is in the wrong spot, feel free to move it. I also would like this to be taken seriously even if it sounds silly.

Anyway, I want to know is it possible to have OCD over people? Like have constant thoughts over a single person? Not like sexual, but just normal thoughts?

For the longest time, I begin to have OCD thoughts? Over certain people I meet. Its not a constant thing, it happens like every couple of months. Last time I went through something like this was July last year. Every so often I just meet this one person, which everytime its been a guy, it gets triggered and I begin to just constantly think of them, like I said not sexual, just wanting to think of their company.

For me talking to that person seems to calm it down, but its like whenever I don't talk to them or whatever my mind just harbors on them, to the point I get myself so down, I lose my appetite.

It must be a family thing, because my sister ironically goes through this as well, which my family knows of, me on the other hand I hide it, because I have a fear of tell them, you know what I mean?

As far as I recall its affected me 4 different times, in 2010, 2011, 2012 and right now. It all seems to take place between the Spring-Summer, and each time minus right its happened while I was on vacation, the occurrence in 2012 was probably my worst, where my "depression" was so strong that it started to concern my mom and aunt, but I kept brushing it off, so they let it go.

So what do you guys think?

Kaya is my VT Sister
Stronger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 08:39 AM   #2
Breakeven
Awesome Poster

Breakeven's Forum Picture

Name: viv
Default Re: OCD over People?

I think yea u can feel that way for one person , maybe its because u see things in that person remind u of urself or things u want to be , its not really OCD but still , maybe u should try to be friends with that person

I am not fucked up,Life is!
Breakeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 01:37 PM   #3
1_21Guns
Val's bitch. ;)

1_21Guns's Forum Picture

Name: Natalie

Do you mean sort of an intrusive thought about the person? It just comes into your head without you particularly wanting it to? I have to admit I wouldn't call this OCD I don't think, but it certainly sounds like something.

1_21Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 10:02 PM   #4
Stronger
Justice

Stronger's Forum Picture

Name: Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_21Guns View Post
Do you mean sort of an intrusive thought about the person? It just comes into your head without you particularly wanting it to? I have to admit I wouldn't call this OCD I don't think, but it certainly sounds like something.
I don't think it is so much intrusive, but yeah I'm not purposely trying to think these thoughts, they just come to mind.

I only posted it here, because I thought at the time it fit best, but I apologize if this thread should belong here.

Kaya is my VT Sister
Stronger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 11:49 PM   #5
Syvelocin
Ocean Soul

Syvelocin's Forum Picture

Name: Rith

I was just about to ask you whether you have Virgo somewhere in your birth chart, and then I checked your profile for your birthdate. Lol.

Forgive me as I know many people don't buy into the astrology thing, but I've been recently researching connections between astrology and abnormal psychology.

A ton of Virgos are obsessive-compulsive as the definition of a Virgo is pretty much obsessive-compulsive personality. What I mean is that even if you don't have OCD (not saying you do) it's very likely you exhibit at least some symptoms of OCD. I'm diagnosed OCD (but think I'm OCPD instead) and I'm a rising and lunar Virgo. I experience not thoughts about a person, but I get into phases of what I call obsession where I can't stop thinking about certain interests, and then they stop or change randomly out of no where.

And I'm sorry I didn't build your walls. And I'm sorry I had to go and fall.
And I'm sorry I had the whole thing wrong. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
And I'm sorry that you are feeling small. And I'm sorry that I'm not used to crawling.
And I'm sorry the writing's on the wall. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
Syvelocin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2013, 11:27 AM   #6
JamesSuperBoy
Awesome Poster

JamesSuperBoy's Forum Picture

Name: ^*~James~*^

I do as well
JamesSuperBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2013, 10:51 AM   #7
Spook
Awesome Poster

Spook's Forum Picture

Name: Caitlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syvelocin View Post
A ton of Virgos are obsessive-compulsive as the definition of a Virgo is pretty much obsessive-compulsive personality.
Are you suggesting that being OCD is a direct result of being a Virgo?? I'm a pisces and I have severe OCD. Astrology and all of that mumbo-jumbo really makes no sense to me. All humans have a different genetic makeup, I don't see the correlation between a disease and birth year.

Anyways, to answer the main post- I really wouldn't classify this as OCD.
If you try to block thoughts about this person, do you feel like something bad is going to happen to you?

I think that alot of people really don't understand that OCD isn't just obsession with certain things. It is so much more. Often, OCD isn't simply thoughts in your head...it is a force of action...your brain forcing your body into a habit.

Spook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2013, 12:56 AM   #8
Syvelocin
Ocean Soul

Syvelocin's Forum Picture

Name: Rith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook View Post
Are you suggesting that being OCD is a direct result of being a Virgo?? I'm a pisces and I have severe OCD. Astrology and all of that mumbo-jumbo really makes no sense to me. All humans have a different genetic makeup, I don't see the correlation between a disease and birth year.
Not a direct result, but a ton of Virgos do find themselves with an OCD or OCP diagnosis. It has nothing to do with "disease." Virgo's are meticulous, organized, often obsessively neat. It isn't that they have a disease, but they are prone to be diagnosed for these reasons.

It didn't used to be something I was into either, until I saw my birth chart and it's insane accuracy. You see, your sun sign isn't enough. it's the rest of your chart, combined, that make your personality. I met someone who had a theory about mental illness and astrology. Actually, this theory doesn't belong to her and others have it to, that mental illness is nonexistent (to which I add "as far as anxiety and personality disorders go") and the disorders we describe are actually just different birth charts. I wouldn't stand by that, but I find it very interesting as I'm going to school for psychology currently. It's what I want to make my career out of.

Like I said, not diseases. Conditions like autism, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, etc. do not fall under this theory. Although, interestingly enough I've looked at about five birth charts right next to each other of women with bipolar disorder and there's an interesting number of air and virgo signs in all five of them. Bipolar people are also known for their intelligence and creativity, which are two very common traits in air signs. I'm curious if, in addition to genetics, some personality types have higher rates of general mental illness. Maybe just severity, how much the person lets the illness take over his or her life?

Sorry for the rant, thought you might be interested, and just wanted to make sure you didn't think I'm a loon, lol.

And I'm sorry I didn't build your walls. And I'm sorry I had to go and fall.
And I'm sorry I had the whole thing wrong. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
And I'm sorry that you are feeling small. And I'm sorry that I'm not used to crawling.
And I'm sorry the writing's on the wall. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.

Last edited by Syvelocin; August 28th, 2013 at 01:00 AM.
Syvelocin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2013, 04:17 AM   #9
James Bond
Banned

Name: Bond, James Bond

It may be possible, but it doesn't really sound like it.

I suffer from both anxiety and OCD and minor depression, but I've never heard of OCD like this.

This condition that you claim you have sounds like you have anxiety more so than OCD. If this is OCD, it's probably extremely minor. I have a some what debilitating OCD, I constantly check the front door and stove, and I constantly do counting. It interferes with life greatly. OCD comes with two situations, obsessiveness and compulsiveness. You obsess over doing a compulsion, but it just sounds like you're obsessing more than experiencing compulsion.
James Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2013, 04:54 AM   #10
Pseudogeek

Pseudogeek's Forum Picture

Name: aj

Quote:
Not a direct result, but a ton of Virgos do find themselves with an OCD or OCP diagnosis. It has nothing to do with "disease." Virgo's are meticulous, organized, often obsessively neat. It isn't that they have a disease, but they are prone to be diagnosed for these reasons.

It didn't used to be something I was into either, until I saw my birth chart and it's insane accuracy. You see, your sun sign isn't enough. it's the rest of your chart, combined, that make your personality. I met someone who had a theory about mental illness and astrology. Actually, this theory doesn't belong to her and others have it to, that mental illness is nonexistent (to which I add "as far as anxiety and personality disorders go") and the disorders we describe are actually just different birth charts. I wouldn't stand by that, but I find it very interesting as I'm going to school for psychology currently. It's what I want to make my career out of.

Like I said, not diseases. Conditions like autism, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, etc. do not fall under this theory. Although, interestingly enough I've looked at about five birth charts right next to each other of women with bipolar disorder and there's an interesting number of air and virgo signs in all five of them. Bipolar people are also known for their intelligence and creativity, which are two very common traits in air signs. I'm curious if, in addition to genetics, some personality types have higher rates of general mental illness. Maybe just severity, how much the person lets the illness take over his or her life?

Sorry for the rant, thought you might be interested, and just wanted to make sure you didn't think I'm a loon, lol.
I thought birth charts were cool but I lost all faith when mine had two direct contradictions within it.

Meeting you was like catching my eye on barbed wire, it was painful, let's not do it again.
I'd be a true geek if I could focus for long enough, as for now I'm a mere pseudogeek
14|straight|Tinytown, USA|
Christian
Tumblr
I can finally send PMs!
Pseudogeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2013, 08:05 AM   #11
Spook
Awesome Poster

Spook's Forum Picture

Name: Caitlin

Quote:

That's actually very interesting!

& I get what you mean now.

:O Oh mah gawd. Sorry. I just realized you're Syvelocin, we used to talk way back, you're awesomeness! Hai there

Spook is offline   Reply With Quote