Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old August 12th, 2013, 09:26 AM   #1
Walter Powers
Awesome Poster

Walter Powers's Forum Picture

Name: Walt
Default "Frozen" Accounts

I have some questions about "frozen" accounts, I've gone through some older threads on this topic, and nearest I can figure it's essentially a temporary ban.

I still have some questions though:

1.) Are "infraction points" still used to see whether a user desearves a ban/frozen account? Do you get infraction points for every little thing you do that's breaks the rules, like whenever a mod notices you've double posted? Or only if you do something more serious / keep doing the same thing? Is there a way for me to see how many infraction point myself or another person has?

2.) How long do accounts frozen for something like double posting too much get frozen for?

I'm the logical and patriotic American teenager you were warned about!

When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."
-President Ronald Reagan
Walter Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2013, 09:29 AM   #2
1_21Guns
Val's bitch. ;)

1_21Guns's Forum Picture

Name: Natalie
Default Re: "Frozen" Accounts

No, you won't get infaction points for double posts, you'll only get them when you get 'infracted', the number of points depends on how severe the offence is, and you'll be notified by staff when you've received an infraction.
But yes, freezing is a temporary ban. Typically I think it's around 3 days, but the only way I can see something like double posting amounting to any sort of infraction is if you refuse to listen when someone on staff has informed you you shouldn't be doing it, and even then I find the chances incredibly slim.

(someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong :p )

1_21Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2013, 09:39 AM   #3
Harry Smith
Ex H&A Mod

Harry Smith's Forum Picture

Name: Harry

We really don't like to even have to infract people for double posting, that is why we give someone as much notice as possible if they are. It's more a case of if someone is constantly refusing to listen to staff then we have to do something.

You can't see how many infractions you've had or what number of points your on, that's left to the staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlerchan View Post
So, you want to invade the middle east to stop the terrorists who want to kill you for invading the middle east?
Harry Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2013, 09:41 AM   #4
DerBear
Retired H&A Mod

DerBear's Forum Picture

Name: Derri

To add to what was said above a typical freeze would last 3 days but it can be up to one week if you have been issued multiple infractions/reach over 75 infraction points.

You'll never be frozen for double posting unless you got multiple infractions which for double posting is unlikely.

You can request to be frozen but this is not linked to infraction points.

EDIT: If you have been issued an infraction yourself then you can see it via the User CP I think but you can't view anyone else's infractions.

Retired Help & Advice Mod

If anyone wants to add me on PSN feel free to send me a PM.
DerBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2013, 10:11 AM   #5
azure moonstone
glowing

azure moonstone's Forum Picture

Name: Allison

Just want to clear something up quickly.

Like others have said... being warned or infracted for double/multiple posting is not very common, but it CAN happen. However, it would take dozens of occurrences to reach that point where you would get warned, or even infracted.

So if that does happen, then it is a ongoing habit and that member would have already been warned several times.
azure moonstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2013, 10:52 AM   #6
Walter Powers
Awesome Poster

Walter Powers's Forum Picture

Name: Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
We really don't like to even have to infract people for double posting, that is why we give someone as much notice as possible if they are. It's more a case of if someone is constantly refusing to listen to staff then we have to do something.

You can't see how many infractions you've had or what number of points your on, that's left to the staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last of Us View Post
To add to what was said above a typical freeze would last 3 days but it can be up to one week if you have been issued multiple infractions/reach over 75 infraction points.

You'll never be frozen for double posting unless you got multiple infractions which for double posting is unlikely.

You can request to be frozen but this is not linked to infraction points.

EDIT: If you have been issued an infraction yourself then you can see it via the User CP I think but you can't view anyone else's infractions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Dream View Post
Just want to clear something up quickly.

Like others have said... being warned or infracted for double/multiple posting is not very common, but it CAN happen. However, it would take dozens of occurrences to reach that point where you would get warned, or even infracted.

So if that does happen, then it is a ongoing habit and that member would have already been warned several times.
Thanks for the responses

I have one more question: If a member sends an email to the appeal address, who reads it?
Is it the mod that froze them intially, or is it an Admin?

I'm the logical and patriotic American teenager you were warned about!

When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."
-President Ronald Reagan

Last edited by Walter Powers; August 12th, 2013 at 10:59 AM.
Walter Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2013, 11:08 AM   #7
Harry Smith
Ex H&A Mod

Harry Smith's Forum Picture

Name: Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Powers View Post
Thanks for the responses

I have one more question: If a member sends an email to the appeal address, who reads it?
Is it the mod that froze them intially, or is it an Admin?
I assume the appeal goes to Mike who then discusses it with other senior staff members to find out why it happened and if it was unfair then's it's reversed.

You can be frozen by any member of staff, but only senior staff or admins can implement a ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlerchan View Post
So, you want to invade the middle east to stop the terrorists who want to kill you for invading the middle east?
Harry Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2013, 11:25 AM   #8
StoppingTime
Retired Administrator

StoppingTime's Forum Picture

Name: Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
I assume the appeal goes to Mike who then discusses it with other senior staff members to find out why it happened and if it was unfair then's it's reversed.

You can be frozen by any member of staff, but only senior staff or admins can implement a ban
Yea, that's basically what happens. Mike (or any current admin) is the one who reads the appeal emails, and if necessary will bring them up to the senior staff.

If you have any specific questions about a freeze try contacting mike or another Senior Staff member. We may not be able to give any specifics, but there's always the possibility.

Mikey was here

Elysium was here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlerchan
WILL HOUSING CRISIS CAUSED BY COMMIE HOMOSEXUALIST-ABORTIONIST MARXIST IMMIGRANTS AND WELFARE CHEATS FROM RACIST ANTI-BRITISH EU CAUSE TB RATE FROM VACCINES TO RISE?!
StoppingTime is offline   Reply With Quote