Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old July 26th, 2013, 01:06 PM   #1
Skycaptain124

Name: Chris
Default Schizophrenia

i looked at this thread and then i started remembering everything that went on in my life

1: when i was younger i heard voices every once in a while
2: i would change my moods very often
3: i don't normally talk to people that much and this is the first place i have
4: i often behave like a 4 year old when i am 13
5: i have very weird thoughts but they are perfectly clear to me
6: i cant keep friends that often
7: my hygiene isn't that good
8: most of the time i sleep and i cant tell its a dream
9: i might see something and walk over to it but its not actually there
10: i can have conversations with myself but i'm talking to 2 other people inside my head not just 1 other personality

and 1 final thing sometimes my brain thinks for itself and starts thinking of stuff that i never even wanted to think about

so please tell me if i have Schizophrenia or if i might have it and if i should go get an examination done

Last edited by Skycaptain124; July 26th, 2013 at 01:18 PM. Reason: one final reason
Skycaptain124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2013, 03:43 PM   #2
aprilshowers
Junior Member+

Default Re: Schizophrenia

Sorry, but I can't really give you a diagnosis, because I don't know how much this is messing with your life. You could have schizophrenia, or at least the beginning phases. Or you could just be antisocial with a tendency towards imaginary friend. Or anything in between. However, if you don't want to deal with it anymore, or you want to know for sure, go see a doctor. Tell your parents, and get help if you need it. Best of luck!
aprilshowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2013, 03:30 PM   #3
SchizLife

SchizLife's Forum Picture

Your symptoms are pretty vague. I think everyone's minds tend to travel to all kinds of places that we dont' intend. That's just how our "monkey minds" work, as the Buddhists would say.

Seeing objects that don't exist... if it happens frequently, that could be a sign of a relatively more serious distortion in your perceptions.

Carrying on conversations in your mind with two other seemingly independent entities is also one of your symptoms that jumped out at me.

There would be no harm in explaining your symptoms to a doctor. If it were a case of schizophrenia developing, catching it early is the absolute best thing you could do for yourself. It increases your prognosis for the better many times over.

Best of luck!

SchizLife.com - Living With Schizophrenia
SchizLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2013, 03:57 PM   #4
Obsidian
Member+

Obsidian's Forum Picture

Name: Amanda

Mental illnesses are complicated, and nobody's going to be able to diagnose you unless they're a professional. From what I know about schizophrenia you do match some of the symptoms, but the thing about mental illnesses is that a lot of disorders can have similar symptoms. Even if you strongly feel that you have a mental illness, you can't know for sure that it's schizophrenia. And even if you knew it was, there are also different categories of schizophrenia and you still might not know your exact diagnosis.

If you feel that this is something that is negatively impacting your life and you truly believe that you might be schizophrenic, then you should make an appointment with a psychiatrist and explain your symptoms to them. If they do diagnose you then you'll be able to get help in managing your illness. If this is something that is really affecting your life in a negative way, then I think it's really important for you to see a doctor and find a solution. Good luck, and I hope everything works out for you

Amanda. 19. I like music and huskies.

♪ The shadow proves the sunshine ♪
Obsidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2013, 08:25 AM   #5
1_21Guns
Val's bitch. ;)

1_21Guns's Forum Picture

Name: Natalie

If you have the slightest feeling you should go to a doctor then you should, nobody here can diagnose you however I would like to point out most of the time doctors won't diagnose children/young adults with things like schizophrenia unless it's a very blatant and extreme case, the best thing to do would just be to talk to a professional about it

1_21Guns is offline   Reply With Quote