Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Notices

Old May 14th, 2013, 02:38 PM   #1
teen.jpg

teen.jpg's Forum Picture

Name: Jay
Default "Best Friend"

I feel like an idiot. Like I've spent close to 8 years in denial. Why haven't I seen it coming?

So basically, when I came to my current school in 1st grade, I was happy and energetic. This was the year I met my best friend, Harold. I remember that we talked all of the time, and we got along pretty well.

We didn't talk much in 2nd grade, being in different classes, but we became better friends in 3rd grade. That's when I first started calling him my best friend.

Skip through 4th and 5th grade, we were still talking. But then in 6th grade, I met my current best friend, Julian. (He came to my school in 3rd grade, but we never spoke before then). While I got to know Julian better, Harold talked to my friend Steve. By 7th grade I got kind of jealous, so I kind of lost the good friendship I had with him. But I never thought it would come to where it was now.

In 8th grade, it was me and Julian, Harold and Steve, and another friend that has made my friends circle. I started to notice that I was growing apart from them, especially Steve. That's when I started to have a crush on him, and ever since it's been the same. Anyway, besides the point.

About 2 months back I started to like Harold, and it made me pretty confused. I tried to ignore it, but I realized I couldn't. That's when I told him I was bi, and he didn't take it too great. He never offered any support or even acknowledged I ever said it. It made me feel like crap.

Today, however, was the icing on the freaking cake. It started off with my friend Paul asking Harold for his number, to which that he replied that he doesn't give out his number to people in school. I asked why, and he gave me an attitude, and said that he didn't want to talk to any of us outside the school.

And then it fucking hit me. I had always believed that we'd be the cliche best friends who hung out over the summer and talked to each other all the time. But now I saw how it really was. He never gave a damn about my problems, most likely why he's so oblivious. He isn't my best friend. I was just his only option.

Sorry for the massive story, but I really needed to vent. I don't think I even want to be friends anymore.
teen.jpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 01:39 PM   #2
Rayquaza
Sky High Pokmon

Default Re: "Best Friend"

I'd try not to take it to heart. Either he's
a) Homophobic
b) In shock over your bisexuality and still trying to get over it or
c) Over you.

It seems a lot like b, but there could be c as well. It seems like you got too close and he wants time away from you. I'd suggest you spend time away from him. Perhaps he's just one of those guys that's quite selfish and only cares about himself. In which case, I'm glad he's shown his true colours and that you've seen him for what he really is, a jerk. Because now, you've basically got conclusive proof that he's not a very good friend. And what do you do now? Well, you need to confide in your other friends and basically get over him too. I wouldn't bother getting back into a friendship if he can't accept you or our own friends.

That Julian guy sounds like a good friend. I'd keep him close and confide in him. Are there any more of your friends that are LGBT and if so, what does Harold think of them? If he hates them, you might be able to conclude that he's pretty homophobic.
Rayquaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 03:23 PM   #3
teen.jpg

teen.jpg's Forum Picture

Name: Jay
Default Re: "Best Friend"

I'm not sure if he's homophobic. I have other LGBT friends, and it doesn't affect him then. I think he probably just lied to me for the last 8 years and I fell for it.
teen.jpg is offline   Reply With Quote