Old April 9th, 2013, 02:07 PM   #62
Origami
Mafioso

Origami's Forum Picture

Name: Joshua 'Relyh' Hyler
Default Re: Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo. View Post
I think we should make it against the rules to mention rep on here now, it's gone, its not coming back so people need to get over it. Its already been said that people shouldn't need thanked for helping someone and if somebody's post is that amazing I'm sure you can pm them. I thought the moaning would stop when it was gone, unfortunately not.
In that case let's make it a rule against making any suggestion while we're at it.

No. There is nothing wrong with people having differing opinions on the rep systems removal and unlikely replacement. Considering how long it has been a part of this site, you can't expect it to simply 'disappear' and have no discussion over it.

Yes, I'm glad it's gone, it was stupidly inflated and abused. But I'm all for having a private 'like/dislike' system that doesn't have numbers or messages attached to it. Let's face it, if you whine about someone 'disliking' your post when it doesn't effect you in any way, then you're just a whiny bitch who isn't prepared for life yet. Amirite?

••• VT Convict 2011 • VT's Premiere Image Sig Maker •••

“Artists use lies to tell the truth while politicians use them to cover the truth up.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aves
Oh great, just what we need. Another text sig maker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage
Okay. That's it. I give up. From this day forth, I cease all efforts to try educating people on this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick
Origami always and will be the best signature creator.
val <3 <3
Origami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2013, 02:11 PM   #63
Apollo.
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origami View Post
In that case let's make it a rule against making any suggestion while we're at it.

No. There is nothing wrong with people having differing opinions on the rep systems removal and unlikely replacement. Considering how long it has been a part of this site, you can't expect it to simply 'disappear' and have no discussion over it.

Yes, I'm glad it's gone, it was stupidly inflated and abused. But I'm all for having a private 'like/dislike' system that doesn't have numbers or messages attached to it. Let's face it, if you whine about someone 'disliking' your post when it doesn't effect you in any way, then you're just a whiny bitch who isn't prepared for life yet. Amirite?
Yes I do agree, you are right. However the rep system having to be removed because people were getting so upset about it clearly shows VT has a large population of whiny bitches that aren't ready for life
Apollo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2013, 03:03 PM   #64
Origami
Mafioso

Origami's Forum Picture

Quote:
Yes I do agree, you are right. However the rep system having to be removed because people were getting so upset about it clearly shows VT has a large population of whiny bitches that aren't ready for life
As such should be expected of a "help site." People don't come here because they're readily able to handle all of life's obstacles on their own.

“Artists use lies to tell the truth while politicians use them to cover the truth up.”

Quote:
Quote:
Okay. That's it. I give up. From this day forth, I cease all efforts to try educating people on this forum.
Quote:
val <3 <3
Old April 9th, 2013, 03:12 PM   #65
Apollo.
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origami View Post
As such should be expected of a "help site." People don't come here because they're readily able to handle all of life's obstacles on their own.
Then does that not mean we are better off without the "like and dislike" system as well? Sorry I'm just being a picky fucker tonight. I do get where you are coming from, at least without the comments it cant get to personal.
Apollo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2013, 03:31 PM   #66
Origami
Mafioso

Origami's Forum Picture

Quote:
Then does that not mean we are better off without the "like and dislike" system as well? Sorry I'm just being a picky fucker tonight. I do get where you are coming from, at least without the comments it cant get to personal.
For some people, expressing their thanks can be a tedious chore no matter how much they want to. Personally, I'd rather express gratitude through a simple click of a button rather than wasting my time writing a generic thank you VM/PM. Likewise, I'd rather receive a notification versus a generic message.

On the flip side, a simple "User has disliked your post" would start a lot less drama than if I were to send someone a PM in private on how I felt they were out of line or rude to another user.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
val <3 <3
Old April 17th, 2013, 03:20 PM   #67
VictoriaGotaSecret
Great Poster

VictoriaGotaSecret's Forum Picture

Name: Victoria/Tori

I guess when I consider giving rep its removed

Oh well. Whatever. Nevermind.

If you think of where people stand, in the light on earth...think of my world as a black hole, no light, just a vacuum that sucks me deeper and deeper every second from the point of conception until death. That is my life and just like a black hole, its not possible to escape.

pm or vm me
VictoriaGotaSecret is offline   Reply With Quote