Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old March 13th, 2013, 12:56 AM   #1
shadowgirl97

shadowgirl97's Forum Picture

Default Just being paranoid????

I'm not very good at talking so here it goes. I'm 15 years old and I'm really paranoid about my surrounding's . I constantly feel like I'm being followed, like somebody is always looking over my shoulder or over my head. I'm scared of staying home alone, all the lights are always on and the locks on all doors are locked. I'm afraid of the dark, afraid of the things that will hurt me. I always watch the hallway to make sure I know if something shows up. I hear noises all the time, my hand is always on my cell phone so I know I have something to contact somebody with. I sleep with stuffed animals and I always talk to my mom on the phone before I go to bed, it makes me feel safe. I have an imaginary friend that only shows up sometimes if I'm stressed or scared which is a lot. I make him go away sometimes because I'm afraid ill start to think hes real and be sent to a psych ward by my parents. i have a lot of nightmares of black creatures trying to hurt me. My mother is one of those very religious women and thinks that most mental illnesses have to do with people being possessed. I'm afraid of telling her because she tells me to pray and it will go away. my dad and siblings think I'm always trying to get attention. I'm scared, I don't know what to do.
shadowgirl97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2013, 09:01 PM   #2
aprilshowers
Junior Member+

Default Re: Just being paranoid????

It's going to be okay. Maybe instead of going to your parents, you should go to a guidance councilor. Even if this isn't schizophrenia, it's messing with your life. If you want help, talk to a teacher, a parent of a friend, anyone to make sure that you aren't stuck dealing with this by yourself.
aprilshowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2013, 04:18 PM   #3
irishguy123
Member+

Name: ask and i might tell (or not!)

Deleted!

Last edited by irishguy123; April 4th, 2013 at 04:48 PM.
irishguy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 11:53 PM   #4
Kuurachan

Kuurachan's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishguy123 View Post
Deleted!
whoops, didn't mean to click this :0
Kuurachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2013, 12:09 AM   #5
Kuurachan

Kuurachan's Forum Picture

Lol, I know how you feel. But what makes me different is I LIKE the feeling that someone is watching me. It makes life more interesting, cause most of the time nobody even notices and me back from the days where I was like 9, none of the other kids I would play with played with ME, like they would forget to look for me when we played hide and seek, as well as other games with different kids. I guess it feels somewhat refreshing to feel like someone is watching me, but I live in house in a forest, so it does get pretty lonely( lol, my sister's are always too busy with extreme puberty) a tip: DON'T LOOK DOWN HALLWAYS, THEY WILL GIVE YOU NIGHTMARES WITH THEIR INSANE CREEPINESS. Haha, I look out the window sometimes to make sure nobody is there, yet even though my house is set in a really creepy landscape, nothing is there EVER, except an occasional bug. Another tip: become what you fear( act, that is) so like if you are scared of people in darkness, get into the hallway and pretend to be that person. The only thing you should really be scared of is fear, so don't be shy to try acting creepy, cause it can actually help with the fear. If there wasn't darkness, we wouldn't see the stars, now would we? Dark and light go together, neither of them are evil. I used to be a Hypochondriac( aka, always scared of EVERYTHING) so I know how you feel, and believe me, you are not alone in that aspect. I used to be scared to death of my house`s basement. One day I went down there and sat in the dark. Just sat. For a long time. I found that I could be the one people were scared of, only I didn't need to be that brave and the best part was I most definitely wasn't evil( kinda like Batman xD) True bravery is not being fearless, it's going on into what you fear EVEN THOUGH your scared. come on, you are only 15, you should give yourself some slack
Kuurachan is offline   Reply With Quote