Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old March 31st, 2013, 02:03 PM   #61
xxPerryPlatypusxx
Banned

Name: carrie
Default Re: people are abusing the Repping system

yes I agree with ^this comment
I think mods should do a test trial where we go without the repping system for a few days and see what people think without it there
its worth a try I mean.
xxPerryPlatypusxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2013, 02:34 PM   #62
StoppingTime
Retired Administrator

StoppingTime's Forum Picture

Name: Steven

It's been stated by our administrator that the system is being removed - why is there still back and forth about it?

Mikey was here

Elysium was here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlerchan
WILL HOUSING CRISIS CAUSED BY COMMIE HOMOSEXUALIST-ABORTIONIST MARXIST IMMIGRANTS AND WELFARE CHEATS FROM RACIST ANTI-BRITISH EU CAUSE TB RATE FROM VACCINES TO RISE?!
StoppingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2013, 02:41 PM   #63
xxPerryPlatypusxx
Banned

Name: carrie

I didn't read this comment?
sorry
xxPerryPlatypusxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2013, 03:11 PM   #64
StoppingTime
Retired Administrator

StoppingTime's Forum Picture

Name: Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
its being discussed and moving towards action. the reputation system is ridiculous in more ways than i can say. people can't handle it, there's wont be anything replacing it either. there's absolutely no use for it to be on a site like this, it makes absolutely no difference because why would you need a pat on the back for helping people? shouldn't that just be done out of the desire to do good? someones epenis however big or small makes no difference to me because from the amount of pm's i get about it, most dont know how to use it. i'm gonna get rid of it, the first chance i have enough time to do it.
Right here.

Mikey was here

Elysium was here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlerchan
WILL HOUSING CRISIS CAUSED BY COMMIE HOMOSEXUALIST-ABORTIONIST MARXIST IMMIGRANTS AND WELFARE CHEATS FROM RACIST ANTI-BRITISH EU CAUSE TB RATE FROM VACCINES TO RISE?!
StoppingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013, 03:00 AM   #65
Donkey
Retired Administrator

Donkey's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoppingTime View Post
It's been stated by our administrator that the system is being removed - why is there still back and forth about it?
Because this is not some autocratic place where what ronnie says goes.... it is his job to act in the users best interests, and hence listen to them. the removal of the reputation system was miscalculated, in my view. We will see a less dynamic and personal community.

Donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013, 09:08 AM   #66
Hyper
VT Lover

And I think we will see a few less attention whores with their fan clubs... Or they will be less noticeable.

The entire rep thing was skewed since the beginning. Immedieately people started rotating positive rep with a group of friends and people started complaining about that or their negative reps making unnecessary workload for the VT staff.

If rep is personality then I woud gladly be a Dbag.

People giving advice should do it out of their good will, which they did years before prior to rep and I am sure will keep doing for years to come.

People had diaries, made friends, chatted and so on before rep and will after it.

For me someone messaging me and saying thanks for helping me outweighs 10 000 rep points any day.

I'm tough, rough, ready and able
To pick myself up from under this table
Don't stick no sign on me, I got no label
I'm a little sick, unsure, unsound and unstable

But I'm fighting my way back
Hyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2013, 10:19 AM   #67
kryptonite
Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoolBeans View Post
I think rather than a thanks system, we should use a thanks/like system. You can disable the counting of stats, so there won't be the same type of competition that there is with the rep system and you cannot dislike or leave nasty comments, which is a common gripe with rep. This allows you to thank somebody for a helpful reply and allows you to also like good posts and positively show that you agree with it, support it, etc. There is one that meets all of those specifications.
I thank the admins for getting rid of it. As others have said, it's just a way to boost your epeen, ego, or whatever else you think needs fed.

I have seen a system where users can only affect by one, mods by five, global mods by ten, and admins by twenty. Even if that was here, plus making people click through to the profile page probably wouldn't have worked.

I have also seen a system where you can "like" each post individually, similar to our old rep system, but at the bottom of the post, it says "User 1", "User A", "User 2", and "JimE" like this post. You get a number on your profile which equates to the number of likes, but no green dots.

As far as disabiling rep, that only goes so far. AFAIK, mine was disabled, but I could still see the comments (good and bad). IMO, if rep truly was disabled, you would have to be out of the rep game. No one could leave you rep...but, to make it fair, I don't think you should be able to give it, either. I mean, why should I disable it so that they can't leave me rep, but then go around leaving "you stink" messages on posts I don't believe in.

With all that said, and I realize I'm repeating myself here, I do thank the bosses for getting rid of the old system.

I'd rep them if I could. (Insert smiley here.)
kryptonite is offline   Reply With Quote