Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 11th, 2013, 04:54 PM   #1
clooney

clooney's Forum Picture

Default ''Anti-Social"...

People are starting to notice that I rarely talk to anyone. A guy in my science class was asking why was I being so anti-social and sitting a distance from everyone. One of my friends asked why don't I go anywhere during the week(end) and if my mom would start to think that I have no friends. Ever since I started high school I never gotten to know anybody as much and everyone is in their little group of 'friends' except me. I try to make an effort to talk to people sometimes and its not worth it cause no one pays me the time of day, so I keep a distance from everyone. I feel like a ghost there and no one notices me unless I'm acknowledged from a teacher or staff member. I literally know no one in the same situation as me (anti-social) and it sucks. It's making my high school life crazy.
clooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 08:29 PM   #2
xarvon1412

xarvon1412's Forum Picture

Name: Aaron
Default Re: ''Anti-Social"...

I'm in the same situation as you, if that helps at all. I know exactly how you feel. People ask me why I'm always alone, and I just am. Nobody bothers to talk to me, even when I do try and talk to them. So yeah, I know how you're feeling.

"When we cut, we're in control - we make our own pain and we can stop it whenever we want. Physical pain relieves mental anguish. For a brief moment, the pain of cutting is the only thing in the cutter's mind, and when that stops and the other comes back, it is weaker."
- Shelley Stoehr.

"It can't be terrible forever."
- Meekakitty
xarvon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 03:54 PM   #3
clooney

clooney's Forum Picture

I even asked for my lunch period to be replaced with another class because the people I sat with moved somewhere else and I don't want it to seem like I'm following them. So I sit by myself now. :/
Old February 13th, 2013, 03:14 AM   #4
Akasuki
Member++

Akasuki's Forum Picture

I don't talk to anyone outside of my house and the Internet because I sincerely hate absolutely everybody. It's hard to show emotion around people I don't know. It's not that I'm nervous about it but more like I don't want to be friends. I get lonely without many people to open up to sometimes but I release my emotions by going on forums. I don't like people, especially those my age. They are annoying, hypocritical, disgusting human beings. I've been this way for about 5 years now. The only person I've met since then that I actually get along with in person is my boyfriend but I met him online. It all started when I was bullied in middle school and I had no friends for a year, and then I became socialphobic. After a few years of struggling with that I finally got over it, but now I just don't like people. I don't go to school anymore but if I did, I'd end up being the kid who is silent with no friends. Not that I would care because I'd get annoyed with everyone anyway. I don't know how the hell I'll make it through life like this and I should probably get therapy for it soon, but right now I'm content living with my boyfriend and being a hermit, lol.

At one point in time I was desperate for friends also. I changed my style and how I acted and everything to fit in with them, but they weren't real friends and they weren't exactly enjoyable to be around anyway so we drifted apart. If you want friends, I would suggest throwing yourself out there and talking to a ton of people and saying things you want to say. So others might think you're awkward, but a lot of people really dig that in some friends and think it's cute. Just don't get too clingy or be a follower because that will get you into friendship troubles. I hope you find some friends soon. x

Elysium is the nicest thing

Last edited by Akasuki; February 13th, 2013 at 03:18 AM.
Akasuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 04:27 PM   #5
clooney

clooney's Forum Picture

I absolutely agree, Roxi. I dislike most of the people in my age group. Maybe because they're so superficial I tend to stay away from them. Another reason why is because no one picks on me and I'm afraid that might happen so I stay away from contact. It's so much easier for me to make friends online (knowing who I'm talking to) so I don't put in any effort. Thanks for the advice by the way. I'm gonna start talking more to the people I usually say hi to in class.