Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old November 28th, 2012, 03:39 PM   #1
Stronk Serb
Kebab Remover

Stronk Serb's Forum Picture

Default Is this possible schizophrenia?

I have been hearing voices of my classmates, but none were anywhere near me, I have a paraniod feeling that I am followed.by "them", that "they" are reading my thoughts, trying to use them against me, I halucinated several times, as if I saw someone creep from ths shadows.in my room. I am claustrofobic in large dark places because of this, I read about schizophrenia here, so I am concerned, I heard that the "voices" draw people insane, so that they do things they would normally not. Please help.
Stronk Serb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2012, 03:59 PM   #2
Jules97

Name: Jules
Default Re: Is this possible schizophrenia?

I am no expert, but I have read alot about schizophrenia since I had a neighbor that had it. You seem very aware that these things you talk about are not real, so you most likely don't have schizophrenia but there is obviously something bothering you. Talk to your parents or a councilor and get some help. You should also defnitely talk to a professional.
Jules97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2012, 05:26 AM   #3
The joker.

The joker.'s Forum Picture

Name: Loc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules97 View Post
I am no expert, but I have read alot about schizophrenia since I had a neighbor that had it. You seem very aware that these things you talk about are not real, so you most likely don't have schizophrenia but there is obviously something bothering you. Talk to your parents or a councilor and get some help. You should also defnitely talk to a professional.
Like jules i would definetley , go see a doctor, mom, dad, whatever, talk with someone about yor problem (irl, dont be afraid)

The joker. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2012, 09:17 AM   #4
SchizLife

SchizLife's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules97 View Post
Jules, I agree that this person should speak to a professional, but I disagree with part of what you said.

Just because a person is aware of their symptoms does not mean they aren't developing schizophrenia. Many people are aware of their own delusions, even in full blown delusional mode. Some people choose to accept and believe them because that's the nature of delusions, they are strong and convincing. But some people aren't aware that what they are believing is strange, as well. It goes both ways!

SchizLife.com - Living With Schizophrenia
SchizLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2012, 08:49 PM   #5
aprilshowers
Junior Member+

I would definitely tell your parents or a close friend. I talked with my friend kind of to work my way up to talking with my parents, so you can try that. But yeah, definitely try to see a professional.
aprilshowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2013, 10:50 PM   #6
stev

Name: Steve

That sounds like textbook psychosis read more about it on this website http://www.cmha.ca/mental-health/und...ess/psychosis/
stev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2013, 04:47 AM   #7
BrainDamage

BrainDamage's Forum Picture

Name: Calin

I've got a lot of the same "symptoms" all but the tight spaces...
So I'm just gonna spill how I cope, I got a friend, one who I really trust and told him, then we made a "deal" where he would keep me in check and calm me down whenever I would think someone is plotting to kill me, don't know if it will help...
Best of luck, BQB

Some blackened pride still burns inside
This shell of bloody treason
Here's my gun for a barrel of fun
For the love of living death!!!
BrainDamage is offline   Reply With Quote