Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old November 21st, 2012, 09:41 PM   #1
PerpetualImperfexion
Nice Poster

PerpetualImperfexion's Forum Picture

Name: Derek
Default My possible schizophrenia

I've had a few dreams that have actually changed my actions in real life. I had a dream (or at least I'm assuming it was a dream) where I left a pair of shorts at my dad's house. I went the entire week without wearing these shorts because I didn't bother looking for them because I though they were at my dad's. Turns out they had been in my dresser the entire time. I set two alarms for the morning, one at 6:30 and one at 7:30. If I only hear one go off I typically won't get up. The other morning my 6:30 alarm went off and for whatever reason I thought it was a dream. So when my 7:30 alarm went off, I thought it was my 6:30 alarm. The end result was me being late for school. Does this have anything to do with schizophrenia? I'm also fairly distant with other people and occasionally get the idea that people can read my thoughts. I haven't told anybody.

Also something else that happens occasionally. I'll just give an example that is actually true. I came to this section in search of three things: schizophrenia being related to dreams, how to talk to your parents about possible schizophrenia, and talking to a doctor, but not for medication. Conveniently all three of these subjects were located within the first five or ten posts. For a brief moment I thought to myself "Someone put all of these there just for me." I realize that this is probably not the case and those are just simply things discussed often here and that statistically of course I would run into them. I sometimes catch myself doing this with other things though too. I asked a teacher a question about a test we were having. When she explained it to me the best she could and I still looked visibly perplexed (do to my not knowing the needed information) she wished me luck and walked away. This happened to be a literature test about poetry terms. A few minutes after I asked her the question she wrote the terms on the board, kind of like a word bank if you will. I thought to myself, maybe she's doing this for me. Turns out everyone was having problems and she wasn't doing it just for me. Things like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenida105 View Post
I have learned to be happy because there is nothing in my life that I can complain about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria V. Snyder
Life goes on in spite of itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HipsterWhore
4:45 PM [Iron Man] Yes, because being a normal whore is too mainstream

Last edited by PerpetualImperfexion; November 21st, 2012 at 09:57 PM.
PerpetualImperfexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2012, 10:35 PM   #2
aprilshowers
Junior Member+

Default Re: My possible schizophrenia

I do that too! The thing with thinking this is just for me. Like, there was a week where I watched A Beautiful Mind (a movie about a guy with schizophrenia) with my dad just because it's a good movie. My sister also happened to be reading a book where the main character's sister went insane. This was before I told them that I might be schizo. I felt like they were, I dunno, testing me?

I think the confusion with dreams is pretty normal, but I'm not really sure. That sounds really disorienting though.

My best guess is that if you have schizophrenia, it is just the beginning stages and it's not that bad yet. If you think you might have it, I would really encourage talking with someone you know about it. It really helps a lot. =D And if it starts getting more serious, definitely talk with someone about it.
aprilshowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 11:08 PM   #3
Mikedamaniak

Name: Michael
Default Re: My possible schizophrenia

That doesn't sound like schitzo. It's pretty common to for people to mix reality and dreams just as they're waking up.

Last edited by Mikedamaniak; December 18th, 2012 at 12:40 AM.
Mikedamaniak is offline   Reply With Quote