Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room [1]

Old September 3rd, 2012, 04:24 PM   #1
Totality
Member+

Totality's Forum Picture

Name: Rhian
Default Diagnosed with Bi-Polar

Right so,

Went to the doctor-appointed psychiatrist today about my random mood swings and my highs-lows.

She diagnosed with Bi-Polar disorder. Somehow I feel better(?), knowing what it is and why I keep doing this.

What I'm posting for? is how does everyone else get through it?

My lows cause extreme problems for me, and I'd like to know - if there controllable as it were.

Totality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2012, 05:30 AM   #2
Zephyr
Retired Administrator

Zephyr's Forum Picture

Name: Steph
Default Re: Diagnosed with Bi-Polar

Everyone copes differently. I write and exercise primarily. I've also done a bit of art. When I can afford it, I take small road trips for a change of pace so I can get out and re-evaluate myself in a different environment. Sometimes the road trips get out of hand though, one time I drove to Canada in the middle of the night, without telling anyone, during a manic state just to see someone.

I highly recommend exercise if you're in a depressive state since it releases endorphins, which in turn help make you feel better. It's hard to get out and do it when you're low, but it definitely helps.

Suggestions are great, but it's always good to find what works best for you. If you find a healthy coping mechanism that you enjoy, stick with it and cultivate it. The more you build it up, the better the mechanism is in helping you out. Hobbies make the best coping mechanisms due to your high interest in it taking your mind off of the matter.

Best of luck

So if you care to find me, look to the western sky.
As someone told me lately, everyone deserves a chance to fly.

✯ Alis Volat Propriis ✯
Zephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2012, 02:06 PM   #3
Totality
Member+

Totality's Forum Picture

Name: Rhian
Default Re: Diagnosed with Bi-Polar

Thanks hun,

Yeah, my manic state got out of around about a week back...started walking about 5 miles in the night because I loved the feel of the night air.

I am writing and gaming....I'm hoping college and college will help me with my depressive states due to it being of real interest to me.

Totality is offline   Reply With Quote