Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old May 25th, 2012, 06:00 AM   #1
Fiction
Ex Psych Mod

Fiction's Forum Picture

Name: Kathy
Default Bio-Oil and covering scars.

Right as i'm sure anyone in Britain at the moment will know it's fucking boiling xD

However, this means my scars are an issue. I'm fine with the ones on my arms, it's just the ones on my thighs. They are much deeper and my mum only knows about the scars on my arms. I'm buying Bio-oil today. I apologise for the repatitive type question, but when will it start to show improvement? Like how long will it take?

Also is there anything I can do in the meantime to cover my scars just a little more so that I can wear shorts? I've already tried see through tights and make-up. It only helps slightly.

Thank you

You brought hate, pills and knives,
And this is how the tale begins.
Its your life, exist and wonder why.
When it only fails to work,
It only fails to work sometimes
Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 06:22 AM   #2
Harley Quinn
Puddin'

Harley Quinn's Forum Picture

Name: Siobhan
Default Re: Bio-Oil and covering scars.

It's beautiful!

Bio oil takes months to actually take effect. Aloe Vera may help, so use that for awhile too, it comes in after sun so it wouldn't really look weird if you used that. I know my thigh scars started to fade with aloe. They aren't really visible anymore. Cocoa butter may also work if you have any of that!

Be not afraid of greatness; some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

[Emerald Dream] if I had a 30 minute orgasm, I would probably need to sleep for a week

~Stevennn

*Ali*
Harley Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 06:41 AM   #3
Mortal Coil
Queen of Spam

Mortal Coil's Forum Picture

Name: Ellen

Yeah, like Siobhan said, Bio-Oil takes a long time to start working. Two weeks minimum if you're consistent, and that's just when they start to fade... Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcharkteeth View Post
Omg I love bread
So dam tasty
Do you know what happens to people who go to the seventh circle of hell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Cobain
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonite View Post
when two old people have sex, they become dust, which is naturally dry.
Mortal Coil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 12:19 PM   #4
Carly011
Member++

Carly011's Forum Picture

Name: Carly

Yeah, it takes awhile. until my scars...and new cuts fade i wear leggings and tights under skirts/shorts/dresses. usually my leggings or tights are like knit so they have holes and what not so that its not to hot!
Carly011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2012, 08:53 AM   #5
Comatose
Junior Member+

Comatose's Forum Picture

Name: Joely

Bio-oil is great, but as others have said, will take a while to work, and even then they don't go away completely! I used to use bio-oil a couple of times a day, and if you want a better/SLIGHTLY faster treatment, the only way to really go is prescribed scar cream..
Comatose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2012, 10:54 AM   #6
FullyAlive
VT Lover

FullyAlive's Forum Picture

Name: Louise (Lou)

As everyone said bio oil will take a while to work. You say you've tried see through tights but they didn't work I find that too, however see through skin tone tights with some pattern on, or I have some fishnet ones with a pattern both are pretty and I wear with shorts and whilst you can still see the scars the pattern detracts attention away from them and if you aren't looking for them you're unlikely to notice them.

Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of travelling.

hello
number 6

~Aarony was here~
FullyAlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2012, 01:55 PM   #7
Love.Hate
Carpe Diem

Name: Fran

I have had bio oil for months and it really hasnt helped at all for the ones on my thighs... primark are selling some mid length shorts that cover mine up just nicely also tights fade them considerably! Dont be embarrassed by them people dont even look at your thighs as you walk, nobody has noticed mine even when i wear short shorts..

Try to enjoy the weather whilst you can

Don't let anybody ever bring you down.
Love.Hate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2012, 04:14 PM   #8
lindsaybeth

lindsaybeth's Forum Picture

Name: lindsay
Smile Re: Bio-Oil and covering scars.

The weather is killing me! All the heat makes me feel claustrophobic it's horrible, although it is a nice change from your typical british rain!

I know a lot of people on here are saying that bio oil does work after a while, but for me it really did nothing to reduce my scars. Mine are quite bad, it sounds like yours are too, in all honesty I think bio oil is only really affective for minor scarring. A few years ago my mum bought me these clear things, for the life of me I can't remember the name of them so I apologize for that! But they're sort of like a thick clear plastic plaster which you stick on top of your scars for a few days and they're supposed to help reduce scarring - obviously this won't work immediately, like bio oil it'll take a while, but I think it helped reduce some of my scars slightly - can't offer an opinion in the long run because I gave up on them! But they're available from boots, I think they're in the same area that stuff like germaline and savlon is, they are a bit pricey though!

But, around this time too my mum took me to my GP to ask her what we could do about the worse scars and I was referred to the hospital where I was given some concealer and powder which is specific for hiding scarring. They matched the right colour up to the skin around the scarring and whilst you have to plaster it on a little bit to the more obvious scars in order to hide them it does actually work really well especially when you set it with the powder, it makes it blend really well into the surrounding area so it doesn't look like you've just caked a load of make up on your arm or leg or wherever! I was terrified of going to my GP to talk about it because I didn't want to be dragged into counselling, but all she did was ask how I was doing and ask if I wanted to speak to someone and when I said no she left it at that and made the hospital appointment for me.

I can't remember if we had to pay anything for the concealer and powder because it was about five years ago now, but it worked a hell of a lot better than your standard make up concealer, so if you want a good way to cover them up whilst trying something like bio-oil then I'd really recommend going to your GP. If you don't want to, then by all means try a make-up brand concealer and powder and see how you get on with it, but if you choose to do this buy a stick concealer, not a liquid one. The consistency of the one I was given by the hospital was more like the stick ones.

I hope this helps you out a bit!! x
lindsaybeth is offline   Reply With Quote