Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old May 20th, 2012, 10:37 AM   #1
Jkitty
Banned

Exclamation Any advice...?

I have been dealing with Schizophrenia for a few years now,and actually diagnosed in May of 2011.Since then,ive lost a lot and its only been getting worse.I always thought I was the only one with this problem,but as i looked into suicidal forums,i discovered that there are more like me.Some days im more normal than others,and other days im on the edge of destruction and fearful of everything around me.I'm not on any medication at the moment,never was.I was wondering if there was a way to help alleviate the symptoms,the visions and voices.I dont have insurance,otherwise id see a doctor for help.
Is there any way I can
1.keep the symptoms at LOW on my own
2.get medication without a prescription
3.get insurance without working/money
I just want to feel normal again.
Please help me.
Jkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2012, 06:55 PM   #2
Rawiyah
Junior Member+

Rawiyah's Forum Picture

Name: Alexis
Default Re: Any advice...?

The best thing you can do is go to your doctor,
It's illegal to purchase pills that are not prescribed, and even if you did, it wouldn't be very smart, as there are special dosages and certain times of day to which you should take antipsychotics, and you also need to be slowly introduced to them to avoid any negative/life-threatening side effects.

You should probably go back to the doctor who diagnosed you with SZ and tell them that you need some help getting follow-up treatment for your SZ. Normally, a doctor should prescribe some medication, or at least offer you a form of therapy (such as CBT, or talk MBT, etc).

For me, personally, (though I don't have SZ, I have BPD w/ psychosis) the only way I can get my symptoms to lessen is to take my prescribed meds and to practice self soothing and DBT skills, which, you can't really do either on your own... So, if I were you, I'd go back to the doctor that diagnosed you and ask for some assistance with follow up treatment.

"I lay in the dark, thinking about all of my
'Friends' and their changes.
"
Rawiyah is offline   Reply With Quote