Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

View Poll Results: Should the gay bar diary be made an official forum?
Yes 25 67.57%
No 12 32.43%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old July 19th, 2007, 08:47 PM   #121
Bobby
Legendary Member

Bobby's Forum Picture

Name: Bobby
Default Re: Should the gay bar be an official forum?

Yeah, but I think they both sound plain. I think either of the names will do fine, but I am just leaning towards one.

"Only the most deluded of us could doubt the necessity of this war."
-John McCain
Old July 19th, 2007, 09:04 PM   #122
DouggyO.o
The Forgotten One

DouggyO.o's Forum Picture

Name: Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoveAlong View Post
It looks and sounds weird there. I can see your point, but you didn't answer my question: doesn't it sound a bit plain???

Plus the forum announcements, stickies and thread titles should be enough to make people get the idea. And it is called sexuality - we're just using it a different way of it's many interpretations (got bless the English language...)
All posts that ask about sex will be locked. We don't have to make this perfect - if the problem comes up enough, then we can change it.
as if any body reads the stickies and announcements though
Old July 19th, 2007, 10:06 PM   #123
Serenity
Banned

Name: Valerie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouggyO.o View Post
Yeah I was thinking the same thing
Old July 19th, 2007, 10:13 PM   #124
Maverick
Retired Administrator

Maverick's Forum Picture

Um how do you know no one reads stickies? Just because a few members don't doesn't mean everyone doesn't. If people read them and leave and don't post, then they've been helped. Just because you don't get some kind of proof someone has read them, doesn't mean they aren't being read.

A new Puberty sticky has only been up for a few days and has 255 views so people do read them. It's not like there's a place for them to sign to show that they've read it.
Old July 19th, 2007, 11:11 PM   #125
MoveAlong
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouggyO.o View Post
You can see the announcement view count and see that the Puberty stickies are read quite often - I made sure one way or another that it'll happen (redirects from the previous Puberty FAQ [why wasn't that done before? how stupid], a decent name etc)

Even if they don't read them, us having those stickies there will definatley decrease the amount of rule violation rather than having nothing.

And there's always gonna be trouble makers...there's no perfect forum with nobody violating any rules. But by us having these rules and statements up there, it'll decrease the chances. We can take the other risks and if anything comes up, we can copensate by being stricter on moderating or throw up a temporary sticky/announcement bringing up that one problem (like Alex did with the "Reminder for all members" announcement)

Also, the forum description and the thread content of the forum should make it pretty clear what the forum is used for.
Old July 20th, 2007, 05:40 AM   #126
Aηdy
Banned

Aηdy's Forum Picture

Name: Andy

Quote:
Umm, Bobby said that, not me
I think it should be "Teen Sexuality" personally! I think the title sounds more friendly. Can you hear how plain "Sexual Orientation" sounds compared to "Teen Sexuality"? Teen Sexuality sounds more open and friendly.

Also, the GLBTQ acronyms wouldn't be exactly needed, but they'll probably be used a lot in the forum
So it was xD I just saw the green face and assumed it was you lol!
Old July 20th, 2007, 02:17 PM   #127
Trademarked
Great Poster

Trademarked's Forum Picture

i dont think the gay bar should be a forum, but i do think that we should have a forum for people questioning their sexuality.

http://virtualteen.org/forums/images/misc/im_aim.gifRileytotallypwns
AIM me! I got nothing better to do
Old July 20th, 2007, 04:23 PM   #128
MoveAlong
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeller View Post
i dont think the gay bar should be a forum, but i do think that we should have a forum for people questioning their sexuality.
I think we could kill two birds with one stone and go ahead and make both forums the same
Old July 20th, 2007, 05:42 PM   #129
redcar
Retired Administrator

redcar's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeller View Post
But you see having a forum Teen Sexuality actually covers that. I want to emphasise that this wouldn't be a forum dedicated to being gay. But all sexualities.

~ A L E X ~

||||||||||||
Old July 22nd, 2007, 11:19 PM   #130
Antares
Legendary Member+Mod

Antares's Forum Picture

I agree with Alex. I dont think that it is a good idea to have two seperate forums becuase IMO the only reason that I agree witht he creation of this forum is a place where people can questoin sexuallity and discuss their sexuality. if we had two seperate froums I would disagree with the creation of it.

~Laura was here~
Old August 5th, 2007, 01:40 PM   #131
MoveAlong
Legendary Member

It woulda been nice if we got an update in this thread about how the idea went through officially

And I still think there's a problem - first, Ashley's "Concerned about your Sexuality?" forum doesn't really fit the shoe of an official forum and I think it could be a lot more simple. Second, why do we have just one GLB moderator? Seems like we should have a strong GLB force in there, with at least 2 GLB mods. Third, there are more than 15 threads in there that need to be deleted because

1) there's spam posts that weren't deleted in the first place,
2) they give a bad image of that forum,
3) All those threads that James made were way personal and fit for a diary, not an official forum and make it seem like people can go creating a whole bunch of threads about their story, and
4) There's many unmoderated posts such as "can I have links to a site that has shirtless guys?" or "does anybody live in the Oklahoma City area? If so, PM me and we can chat, I'd like to meet up..." that just haven't been deleted, or at least locked since the forum was created!
Old August 5th, 2007, 02:16 PM   #132
redcar
Retired Administrator

redcar's Forum Picture

Well the process from start to finish was, it was brought up here initially and also in the Senior Staff forum and discussed at both levels. It was then also discussed by all members of staff and finally a decision was reached by the senior staff to go ahead with it.

Seeing as it is a new forum, and was previously a diary there will be problems with threads at the start due to the transition. Now it will be down to the moderators of the Puberty section to filter through whats there and what should be added and taken away.

As for GLB represtantion in there in the form of staff for the forum. I think on that level we are actually ok.

~ A L E X ~

||||||||||||
Old August 5th, 2007, 02:28 PM   #133
MoveAlong
Legendary Member

I disagree with the last sentence - first, we have 5 mods for the Psych Ward and 4 mods for Puberty, which gets at least 50% more traffic, and Ant is the only one that's on for most of the day and reads most of the posts.

I'm starting to have a problem with how the puberty mods are. Lemmie tell you something - I have Anthony on my messenger. He does read a lot of the posts in puberty, don't get me wrong - but I report most of the threads and individual posts to him that need moderating through MSN. I feel like I should have a mod job because I read literally every single post in the puberty forums (girls, boys and general puberty), I catch everything that's wrong, and I give the most advice out of all the members on the site.

I know the reasons why I shouldn't be picked. That's not the point - the point is we should have a few back-up mods. Andy's on and can catch a few things, Carol gives advice, Adam's off on vacation and Ant's doing most of the moderating. I feel like it's gonna fall apart if we don't change it or add another moderator.

It's just bothering me...
Old August 5th, 2007, 02:36 PM   #134
redcar
Retired Administrator

redcar's Forum Picture

You disagree with statement about us having proper GLB representation? Why?

If there are posts that need moderating all you need to do is use the Report Post feature. Remember we have GMods and Admins as well who can deal with problem posts or threads.

~ A L E X ~

||||||||||||
Old August 5th, 2007, 02:42 PM   #135
MoveAlong
Legendary Member

Hah, I don't trust the Gmods at all...

I disagree that we have enough GLB representation because it seems like there's not enough moderators to look up to or to identify with as far as that goes. Andy's straight and I'm pretty sure he won't give advice on that, I don't see that Adam will be super active in the puberty forums, Ant can help and can give good advice, and Carol would post but not a lot. It's just one moderator out of 4, which should even be 5...that seems a little short to me
Old August 5th, 2007, 02:50 PM   #136
redcar
Retired Administrator

redcar's Forum Picture

Your being very presumptuous over how the mods will act in the new forum and I think its very unfair. Any member can give advice. And if a problem arises I have confidence that the moderators will act and sort it out.

~ A L E X ~

||||||||||||
Old August 5th, 2007, 02:54 PM   #137
Whisper
Ancient Gmod

Whisper's Forum Picture

Name: Kodie

Quote:
Hah, I don't trust the Gmods at all...
I'm sorry you feel that way
but your personal vendeta has nothing to do with the staff or daily site operations

Quote:
I disagree that we have enough GLB representation because it seems like there's not enough moderators to look up to or to identify with as far as that goes. Andy's straight and I'm pretty sure he won't give advice on that, I don't see that Adam will be super active in the puberty forums, Ant can help and can give good advice, and Carol would post but not a lot. It's just one moderator out of 4, which should even be 5...that seems a little short to me
Alrighty thank you for voicing your concerns
I belive you have described every issue quite clearly
The senior staff as always apreciates any and all suggestions and ideas
we will take your concerns into considerations
we will keep you updated

~xXx~

♫♪Κodie♪♫
Old August 5th, 2007, 02:54 PM   #138
MoveAlong
Legendary Member

That's my prediction. I have very little faith in the entire staff body and do not trust many members around the forums. Therefore I will make exessively forward predictions based on my opinion and we'll see how it turns out.
Old August 5th, 2007, 02:57 PM   #139
Whisper
Ancient Gmod

Whisper's Forum Picture

Name: Kodie

Okay then
all problems concerns ideas and suggestions have been herd
the decesion has been made
and a sub-forum created

the main reason for the thread is sorted

[LOCK]

♫♪Κodie♪♫
Closed Thread