Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old November 10th, 2011, 06:16 PM   #1
amscramhick
Junior Member+

Name: Amber
Default things out of order, germs, and my hands

I'm not diagnosed with OCD, and I don't like to think I have it, but a lot of things say I do. When I put things away, they have to be a certain way. If it gets moved from how it was when I put it there, I can't just leave it, I have to fix it. For instance, my boyfriend was at my house and he went looking at all my stuff. He took a book off a shelf then tossed it right back. I picked it up and straightened it up, lining it up with the shelf. When I lock my lock on my locker as school, I'm always the weird kid that turns it back to 0. My best friend's disorderlyness drives me CRAZY. And I have this minor phobia of germs. I hate other people's spit. I can kiss and make out with my boyfriend, yet when I share a drink with someone (other than him) I wipe it off first before taking a sip. When someone offers me a bite of something they've bitten off of, I decline. I also have this thing with my hands. No matter how many times I wash them, no matter how burned they get under the hot water, they don't feel clean. I carry hand sanitizer with me everywhere, putting it on my hands whenever the thought runs through my mind. This isn't that severe but I don't know.
Old November 10th, 2011, 08:16 PM   #2
StoppingTime
Retired Administrator

StoppingTime's Forum Picture

Name: Steven
Default Re: things out of order, germs, and my hands

Nobody here can diagnose you or tell you anything for sure... But anyway...

First of all, Mysophobia (or commonly germaphobia) and OCD are two different things, but are sort of related. I certainly don't think you have it, (possibly a very minor case) if you share drinks etc... Some people just don't like the idea of it (like me), but that doesn't necessarily (and most likely, according to what you have said), mean that you have it.

In the term of OCD, I am doubting it as well from what you've said. Do you have rituals that you have to do? Are they unchangeable? These are signs of OCD, while what you've said seems to be you liking things neat. You may want things a certain way, but aren't totally compelled. A really common trait is (are?) number related obsessions/compulsions. i.e. You must have this many things on this shelf, this many remotes together, always eating the same amount of something, something but have a certain number of something (i.e. 5 pieces of food on a fork) or you won't eat it.

I would go check this and this out if you haven't already. It goes more in depth on the symptoms.

Can we tell you for sure? No. Can we give you suggestions? Sure. If you become really worried/obsessed with it, talk to a doctor, or even a school counselor, they can help you if necessary.

Good Luck!

Mikey was here

Elysium was here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlerchan
WILL HOUSING CRISIS CAUSED BY COMMIE HOMOSEXUALIST-ABORTIONIST MARXIST IMMIGRANTS AND WELFARE CHEATS FROM RACIST ANTI-BRITISH EU CAUSE TB RATE FROM VACCINES TO RISE?!
Old March 29th, 2012, 09:27 PM   #3
NotASpyingRent
Member+

NotASpyingRent's Forum Picture

Name: J

This looks like OCD to me, but only a qualified medical professional should be the one to diagnose you.

Uh?
Old March 29th, 2012, 09:48 PM   #4
Deleted User
Legendary Member

Please don't bump threads older than two months.
Closed Thread