Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room [1]

Old April 18th, 2005, 10:42 PM   #1
silentfantasy
Junior Member+

Default my friend

i just found out that my friends had eating problems for a while now...her mom would like starve her when she was younger so that she wouldnt get fat and now its totally messed with her idea of fat

shes making herself throw up

what do i do? i cant go tell her mom because her moms addicted to diet pills and throws up her meals herself

i know i sound EXTREMELY hypocritical because i have a lot of problems too, but i REALLY want to help her
silentfantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2005, 09:14 AM   #2
<-Dying_to_Live->
VT Lover

<-Dying_to_Live->'s Forum Picture

tell the police
<-Dying_to_Live-> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2005, 02:45 PM   #3
Anonymous
Unregistered

that is child abuse, her mother should be arrested and sued for child abuse, the girl should be put with someone who can watch her all the time and make sure she sin a comfortable environment at the same time, this is very bad and i hope you tell someone about it.
Old April 20th, 2005, 04:48 PM   #4
silentfantasy
Junior Member+

her mom doesnt do it anymore, it was a past thing

but its REALLY affected her

it doesnt matter how hard i try
how much i cry
or how i want to die
the end comes near
and its just too cold
my heart is stone
and im all alone
why can\'t i just look outside
and realize
that i have no life?
the biggest problem
that exists in me
is when i cant breathe
how i refuse to breathe
Old April 21st, 2005, 01:47 AM   #5
Anonymous
Unregistered

she did it in the past, she can still have her ass sued, shes a bitch, and it screwed up the girl, did i mention shes a bitch and by the way, she needs to be sued and go to a mentla institution. the girl need psychiatric help and a helth plan and needs ot be watched constantly while being in a comfortable environment so she gets better.
Old April 21st, 2005, 01:57 AM   #6
<-Dying_to_Live->
VT Lover

<-Dying_to_Live->'s Forum Picture

hey, some people arent as fortunate as you to have good parents. and they shouldnt be punished for it
<-Dying_to_Live-> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2005, 02:01 AM   #7
Anonymous
Unregistered

the parent should be punished by going to a mental institution, they have some serious problems to have ever subjeted the poor girl to that, i aint saying anything else, unless i get way too pissed.
Old April 21st, 2005, 05:05 PM   #8
Shaolin
Awesome Poster

Id suggest moving away from attacking the mother, and to actually treating the real sufferer here. Although sueing might bring justice to something that happened years ago, it won't cure or fix her, and it might actually make her worse, creating conflict with her parents.

No one knows the cause of Anorexia. However people do know where it can stem from.

Anorexia is partly influenced by genetics, so even before this person was born, it was most likely she had the brain 'wirings' to encourage such behaviour.

The most you can really do, is support her. Try not giving advise which involves "do this" or "do that" and "you will get better if you do this" - People with anorexia think they are fatter than they really are, they think that being 'that' skinny is attractive. In actual fact men are more likely to choose women far larger than the underweight stature of someone with anorexia.

Support and helpful advise will do wonders if you do it right. You can't change her body image for her, only she can do that. What you can do is support her, and reinforce positive beliefs that she expresses.

Try and stay away from being too much of a 'baby talker'. No one likes being over sympathised with, because it just seems far too fake, and belittles them as if they don't KNOW they are skinny.

If anyone wants immediate advice don\'t hestitate to contact to me on AIM (AOL instant messenger) - aim: vodkasmodka

Eccentric! Not egocentric!
Shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2005, 12:54 PM   #9
silentfantasy
Junior Member+

thanks...i kinda know whats going on now

but its still not very clear-its really sad that she doesnt know how beautiful she is