Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 29th, 2012, 08:08 AM   #21
Mortal Coil
Queen of Spam

Mortal Coil's Forum Picture

Name: Ellen
Default Re: How did your parents find out? And how did they react?

my mom saw my razor blades and mentioned them to me once, but after that completely ignored it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcharkteeth View Post
Omg I love bread
So dam tasty
Do you know what happens to people who go to the seventh circle of hell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Cobain
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonite View Post
when two old people have sex, they become dust, which is naturally dry.
Mortal Coil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2012, 11:23 PM   #22
CutsAndPerfection

My mom found blood in the toilet and asked me if I had, um.. "started" and I said no, and she asked why there was blood so I made up some lame excuse about my dog scratching me. I could tell she wasn't believing it, so she was like "... are you cutting yourself?" and i said "i don't know" because i really was kinda speechless that she found out... but she was so freaked out that she asked me where my cuts were then made me pull down my shorts some so she could see the cuts and I went to school so close to crying. (this all happened on the way to school in the car) My mom nearly sent me to a psychiatric hospital, but I got her to talk to my counselor and she wasn't so scared... but my mom has only asked twice since she found out (over 3 months ago) if I've been cutting, and i think that kind of hurts me because i feel like she doesn't care or it doesn't matter... but oh well. Hope that helps! feel free to message me :)
CutsAndPerfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2012, 11:02 PM   #23
Myhopesarelost96

Name: Skye

My mom found out in Walmart. I went there without long sleeves on, at first she freaked out but then we didn't talk about it. She told me not to do it again and I sais okay. Then I did it angain and about a month later she found out and sent me to a behavioral health center
Myhopesarelost96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2012, 04:35 AM   #24
BrokenButterflies

BrokenButterflies's Forum Picture

Name: Becca

One day I was wearing a short skirt (like knee lenght) and my blanket moved it in such a way that it went up higher on my leg and showed my cuts. My mom was standing right next to me, and asked, "what's that?". I told her my rabbit had scratched me when I was holding her. She just said, "oh...okay", and that was it.
The way she said it though, I knew she knew and I was scared she was going to tell my dad, so I just went to her and told her the truth.
She was fairly pissed. She chewed me out, saying things like "I know you've been through a lot in your life, but nothing has happened lately that you should be doing this to your self," and "Where did I go wrong as a mother", but didn't scream and yell at me. She just let her dissapointment flow openly. She also admitted to me that she'd know for a long time, and just hadn't wanted to cause trouble with me by saying anything. To which I'm like, "Gee thanks mom, just let me slice myself up every day. It's SO much better then confronting me". She didn't ask me why I did it ether, or if I was okay or if there was anything she could do to help...She just said if she ever saw me doing it again she would tell my dad, which is a threat worst then death.
That was right before bed, and the next day she just acted like it didn't happen, and the subject has never risen again. All in all, I suppose it could have been much worse.

Yes, I'm a witch - Deal with it!
...And if you don't, I'll go voodoo on your ass!

Doing my best to piss off the religious right.

DeviantArt: EmoNightEmoDay
My Channel: CallMeMidnightAngel
BrokenButterflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2012, 09:51 PM   #25
MarkySkatesDeathwish

Name: Mark

my fucked up guidance counselor told my mom because my fucking friends told the counselor and when i got home i got yelled at for hours and then my mom called a bunch of people asking what she should do. i was pissed at her for a long time and i cussed out my counselor for calling her again. she wouldnt understand and she started crying one night when i cut so deep that the blade stayed in :/ i got lucky too that i didnt bleed to death that night..

13/Male/Straight/Skateboarder
MarkySkatesDeathwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2012, 12:03 AM   #26
ambern

Name: Amber

I told my school therapist and at first her and I made a non-harm contract instead of informing my parents. However, when I broke it she brought my dad in and told him about it. He wasn't angry or upset with me, but I could tell he was hurt. I had to go to the hospital that day too for suicidal thoughts and that's when my mom found out. She had the same reaction, but I'm she had her suspicions so I don't think it was a surprise to her at all. It's... different having your parents know but it also means you don't have to hide your scars at home anymore and you can get the help and support you need.
ambern is offline   Reply With Quote